JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

JJFP Tour!!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote=Prince,Aug 2 2004, 09:50 PM][quote=JumpinJack AJ,Aug 2 2004, 08:23 PM] They are touring now!![/quote]
...I await a reply from the_real_big_willie... :toetap: :ridepony: :kekeke: [/quote]
Where?
Seriously (and I mean that) I will pay for us to see JJ & FP LIVE!!!!

You guys will have to buy the beers though.........and travel. I just aint paying for any plane tickets.

[quote=the real big willie,Aug 2 2004, 11:10 PM][quote=Prince,Aug 2 2004, 09:50 PM] [quote=JumpinJack AJ,Aug 2 2004, 08:23 PM] They are touring now!![/quote]
...I await a reply from the_real_big_willie... :toetap: :ridepony: :kekeke: [/quote]
Where?
Seriously (and I mean that) I will pay for us to see JJ & FP LIVE!!!!

You guys will have to buy the beers though.........and travel. I just aint paying for any plane tickets. [/quote]
I cant wait for the WORLD TOUR!! I won't have to buy a ticket!!

[quote=WildWildWillennium,Aug 2 2004, 08:32 PM]He did the same thing with Big Willie Style, he used Independance Day and Men In Black to promote it, and the result 4 the album waz huge!![/quote]
I don't know....Columbia totally used "Men In Black" the song as promotion 4 the movie. I bet u that song drew in about 25% of the people who saw that movie...and with a movie that did that well...that waz millions of people!! I don't see how ID4 or MIB really helped the music. I waz so happy 2 hear new music from Will that the soundtrack song didn't bug me, but i always viewed the song as helping the movie and not the movie helping his music.

[quote=JumpinJack AJ,Aug 2 2004, 10:24 PM][quote=WildWildWillennium,Aug 2 2004, 08:32 PM] He did the same thing with Big Willie Style, he used Independance Day and Men In Black to promote it, and the result 4 the album waz huge!![/quote]
I don't know....Columbia totally used "Men In Black" the song as promotion 4 the movie. I bet u that song drew in about 25% of the people who saw that movie...and with a movie that did that well...that waz millions of people!! I don't see how ID4 or MIB really helped the music. I waz so happy 2 hear new music from Will that the soundtrack song didn't bug me, but i always viewed the song as helping the movie and not the movie helping his music. [/quote]
They really shouldnt even help each other either way. Keep the movies and music seperate. But since its his return to music (as some would say) then its alright.

But promoting music? He's missing the most important spot, his Homebase, the US!!!!! When do us Americans get to hear this? LOL...I can't wait....

[quote=JumpinJack AJ,Aug 3 2004, 12:24 AM][quote=WildWildWillennium,Aug 2 2004, 08:32 PM] He did the same thing with Big Willie Style, he used Independance Day and Men In Black to promote it, and the result 4 the album waz huge!![/quote]
I don't see how ID4 or MIB really helped the music. [/quote]
U really don't think so? I mean, Big Willie Style did everything 4 itself, no doubt, but there waz that huge gap between Code Red - Big Willie Style...I just think the movies helped him get a bit more noticed before he jumped back into the game. Not a big impact, but kinda like a boost 2 make the return. (like I,Robot is doing 4 Will right now)

• 2 weeks later...
[quote=WildWildWillennium,Aug 3 2004, 12:07 AM][quote=JumpinJack AJ,Aug 3 2004, 12:24 AM] [quote=WildWildWillennium,Aug 2 2004, 08:32 PM] He did the same thing with Big Willie Style, he used Independance Day and Men In Black to promote it, and the result 4 the album waz huge!![/quote]
I don't see how ID4 or MIB really helped the music. [/quote]
U really don't think so? I mean, Big Willie Style did everything 4 itself, no doubt, but there waz that huge gap between Code Red - Big Willie Style...I just think the movies helped him get a bit more noticed before he jumped back into the game. Not a big impact, but kinda like a boost 2 make the return. (like I,Robot is doing 4 Will right now) [/quote]
I agree. Movies do boost him as a "household name"...I, Robot probably helped him be a presenter for an MTV VMA.

Guest Prince
Possibly not... It would depend where he went, and what dates...

If London or somewhere, it would have to be in holiday times for me... If somewhere like Edinburgh the capital of Scotland I could go probably at a weekend sometime if I travelled down by train or whatever...

Yeh defo. I don't know why it has to be London all the time. Yeh its our capital but there is so many great arena's in the UK.

Nottingham, Sheffield, Manchester.... They all hold over 10,000 people

Guest Prince
[quote=KevTastic,Aug 15 2004, 12:17 PM]Yeh defo. I don't know why it has to be London all the time. Yeh its our capital but there is so many great arena's in the UK.

Nottingham, Sheffield, Manchester.... They all hold over 10,000 people[/quote]
Murrayfield in Edinburgh would be ideal for me... 4hr train journey and I'm there, plus with relatives there I'll be guaranteed a bed for the night.