JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

new jazzy jeff interview!

man there are a lot of good beats on L&F, but on the other side there are also bad ones. i mean, coming to the stage, that beat is off the hook! or party starter, tell me why or loretta. they're dtraight fire. but when i hear the beats from songs like I wish i made that or wave em off i just want to run away like a lil kid.

nevertheless, L&F is one of the best albums of this decade.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah "Lost and Found" was a great album to me too, I care more about dope lyrics than beats myself, I wish others thought like that though, the majority of the general public didn't pay attention to "Lost and Found" 'cause the beats weren't strong enough, they rather hear 50 Cent mumble wack lyrics over hot beats from Dr. Dre than give Will rapping lyrics with substance over average beats a chance, it's the fans that accept wackness that brings down the rap game but then again there was rappers outselling JJFP at the time too even with the great beats that JJFP had and those rappers ain't around now, you need more than catchy beats to have a long career but it wouldn't hurt for Will to have the best music to rap over, even if he don't wanna work with Jazzy all the time at least he should call quality producers to work with, having wack producers on his albums is like Will working with wack directors on all of films, it'd bring down his acting career, he deserves the best with his rap career too...

Edited by bigted

So Turntable you mean that Will's on a major label and Jazzy ain't on a major label might have something to do with them not collabing much? I doubt that, you don't have to be on a certain label to work with somebody, Jazzy wouldn't be able to get Method Man on his album if he wasn't allowed to work with major label artists and Will also had producers on his albums that ain't on major labels either, you threw me off when you said mature but you really meant major, I see what you meant now, I don't think it'd be a problem for a JJFP album to come out even if they ain't on the same label, I mean look at R.Kelly and Jay-Z doing best of both worlds and they're both on different labels, both of their labels might sponsor it, so it'd be an Overbrook/Interscope/Touch Of Jazz/BBE release or something like that.... btw Tim thanks for the link man, it's great to see another mc representin' New Jersey, I'm gonna look more into Dave Ghetto...

Edited by bigted

• Admin

Jeffs told Will.. I don't want you in the studio for a couple of hours for a track on the return of the magnificent..he wants Will to hang out with him..for 2 weeks..just Will and Jeff.. no ghostwriters..no kel spencer..no freshmen.. and take it back to 1986.. This is exactly what I want classic Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince.. If Will doesn't do this..I'll be shattered :paperbag:

That'd be incredible if all that happened, 100% hip-hop from JJFP, no wack producers, nobody helping Will write his lyrics, no guest appearances, no industry bull****, that's what all of us want, Will, Jeff, 2 turntables and a mic in the studio, they should call Ready Rock C and get him on the beatbox too :kekeke:

Edited by bigted

• Admin

That'd be incredible if all that happened, 100% hip-hop from JJFP, no wack producers, nobody helping Will write his lyrics, no guest appearances, no industry bull****, that's what all of us want, Will, Jeff, 2 turntables and a mic in the studio, they should call Ready Rock C and get him on the beatbox too :kekeke:

Thats what we want..thats what Jeff wants.. the question is can Will come to the party? Leave ready rock out of it tho..

So Turntable you mean that Will's on a major label and Jazzy ain't on a major label might have something to do with them not collabing much? I doubt that, you don't have to be on a certain label to work with somebody, Jazzy wouldn't be able to get Method Man on his album if he wasn't allowed to work with major label artists and Will also had producers on his albums that ain't on major labels either, you threw me off when you said mature but you really meant major, I see what you meant now, I don't think it'd be a problem for a JJFP album to come out even if they ain't on the same label, I mean look at R.Kelly and Jay-Z doing best of both worlds and they're both on different labels, both of their labels might sponsor it, so it'd be an Overbrook/Interscope/Touch Of Jazz/BBE release or something like that.... btw Tim thanks for the link man, it's great to see another mc representin' New Jersey, I'm gonna look more into Dave Ghetto...

Ye thats true. I take back my comment. Even tho it might be hard to d. I mean ok.. R.Kelly and Jay-Z.. But that are R. Kelly and Jay-Z. Thats kinda another level (Doesnt man its has to be better, I dont say that at all). Fat Joe wanted to releae an Album with Nas & Ja Rule, but caus of the label problems that didnt work out.

Edited by Turntable

Well Will and Jeff could sort out the paperwork for how the album could get released after they record the music, the most important thing right now is getting the album done, and btw I'd really like to see Will and Jeff squash their beef with Ready Rock C but if that don't happen that's ok, maybe they could get Doug E. Fresh on the beatbox instead...

at least there is hope with jeff saying all this to Will. The problem is, if this was gonna happen they should have got in the studio a few months back when Will wasnt filming.

Just Will and jeff working together is like a dream. They have both improved since the jjfp days so imagine what they could do together now.

Well there's still at least another month until Will starts filming right? There's still time for him to get with Jazzy and do this, in between they could sort out the paperwork to where it's gonna be released and it could come out by the end of the year....

It really bothers me how much FP is a hyprocrit. I've said it before but come on. "I've found the rapper in me now". Yeah okay, then GO BACK WITH JEFF. He says "me and jeff have been in the studio - out on tour..etc" but how come theres one JJFP track on L+F and none on Born to Reign? Its incredible how FP does not roll with Jeff. Jeff has a whole freakin studio and the ongoing desire to record, FP doesnt. Its pathetic. Its time for Will to just record and drop albums who cares if its mainstream or not. Make mixtapes - do somethin musically.

Jeffs told Will.. I don't want you in the studio for a couple of hours for a track on the return of the magnificent..he wants Will to hang out with him..for 2 weeks..just Will and Jeff.. no ghostwriters..no kel spencer..no freshmen.. and take it back to 1986.. This is exactly what I want classic Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince.. If Will doesn't do this..I'll be shattered :paperbag:

:word: That would be a dream coming true....i just don't see it happen! :shakehead: