JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

new jazzy jeff interview!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wuah, i must have put a bug in jeffs ear that night in stuttgart by asking him if he's going to make a JJFP reunion album, and i was almost begging for it :rofl:

Get him into the studio Jeff! and btw, your translation is perfect thommey! :2thumbs:

thanks pal :1-cool:

With all those dope artists on "The Return Of The Magnificent" it's gonna be a great hip-hop album and hopefully him and Will could work out their schedules

All this talk of a new JJFP album is getting me hyped. But what I can't get over is that they wrote Hes the DJ in 2 weeks! Wow. If they can produce that high of quality of music in 2 weeks, what could they make in 2 months? I really like how JJ wants to get back the vibe he had with Will. Now I just wonder when Will will wake up and realize that its time to make a new JJFP album, with a lil taste of the ol skool.

thanx for the translations guys. I think its great that Jeff is saying all this stuff, hes basically saying to Will what we want to. I agree with it all apart from the part about the wack beats, i didnt think they were bad, but obviously they were better in jjfp days. Its true about the yes men too, no matter who u r, u need someone to guide u and tell u the truth with what you've written.

Jeff just needs to harass Will a bit more and we'll have our jjfp song/s :stickpoke:

Hopefully Will reads this interview, it seems that people buy albums just for beats more than anything now, that's why Bow Wow went platinum with shallow lyrics, if somebody like Jermaine Dupri produced "Lost and Found" sales would've been double if not triple of what they were, I don't understand how tracks produced by Timbaland and Kanye West didn't make "Lost and Found" but tracks produced by Freshman did? Will would've made a Mariah Carey type comeback if he had top notch production(her album had Jermaine, Neptunes, James Poyser, Kanye West producing), it could've went gold in the first week and platinum in a month, probably sold close to what 50 Cent did probably more since it'd be a complete album with beats and lyrics not just beats, the only reason why he sells too is 'cause he has Dre's production team on his album, people don't like his lyrics either but if you got hot enough beats people buy it, even "Born To Reign" with weak lyrics on Will's standards would've sold more if it had better beats than it did, it would've sold like LL's "10" which wasn't that strong lyrically for LL's standards either but the Neptunes laced him good, if Neptunes produced "Born To Reign" I bet it would've gone platinum...

The last couple albums had some hot beats in between but there was a lot of beats in there that basically should be kept for C Rated rappers, not a legend like Will, he should be more outspoken too and tell the producer that he ain't feelin' certain beats when he's recording, let them wack rappers have wack beats so they could flop, the real artists deserve the best, Will should definately get with Jeff and make a legendary album, it'd be aight if Will uses another top notch producer to make a good album but the chemistry that they got together would make a landmark album and get JJFP to the all time status that they much deserve...

Edited by bigted

Jeff is saying the truth but it really makes me frustrated. I mean, if he cant spend two weeks making music with Jeff then perhaps he should just stop making music.

:word: If Will doesn't take time out to work with Jeff I don't think he should do anymore music 'cause working with wack producers is hurting his legacy

• Admin

I think thats some pretty damning statements from Jeff..and I think they are spot on!! RE the beats the last couple of albums vs JJFP stuff.. compare willennium to lost & found! I think if Will can't find 2 weeks to record with Jeff in his studio then he should abandon rap.. Here is finally an opportunity to take them back..and do some jazzy jeff and fresh prince..and whats will doin? Signing on to 6 movies :ohdear: :bat: and Jeffs spot on.. you cant just have 2 hours with Will and bang out a track..its not gonna be the quality of spending 2 weeks in a studio together.. we know the chemistry they have..they could easily bang out a 10-12 track album in that time...

It's obvious that Will has no chemistry with the other producers he works with 'cause he was recording "Lost and Found" for 3 years, I mean with Jazzy on the wheels and the boards he probably could've banged out the same quality album if not something even better in just a couple weeks and in the last few years with Jazzy he could've released a few dope albums instead of spending time on just one album and doing all of these movies, Will and Jazzy releasing one song together in 6 years is disturbing, I mean they're not beefing and they're both alive right? There should be no excuse, I thought they were "potnas" :paperbag:

Edited by bigted