JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

I think FP should go on Def Jam

I think it's time for FP to go to Def Jam. He'd fit in with LL. Def Jam is doing great work still with LL Cool J and hes another old school vet. His new album has been out only a couple weeks and already has a 2nd single. Thats awesome considering FP had a 2nd single like 8 months after his album dropped. What y'all think? I know this has been discussed before but FP would just be a great fit.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it would be a bad idea...but i do have a problem with the whole "Carter Administration" crap.

I don't think that Jay would try to mess with Will if he goes there unless he wants his ass kicked.... :chuks: btw, Jay gave LL the creative freedom for "Todd Smith" album so I'm sure he'll let JJFP do their thing too if they sign there, on the most part though Def Jam has been signing new artists lately like Rick Ross,maybe there's a space on Def Jam Left for JJFP where The Roots were signed recently, of course we don't know if Will's still signed to Interscope, he might have more albums on his contract deal before he could sign somewhere else so I don't know if going to Def Jam is in the immediate future but it'd be something that Will should look into eventually...

Edited by bigted

I think Will still might be able to do something big on Interscope if he joins Aftermath like Busta Rhymes, Busta's got one of the most anticipated albums of the year, I mean just think how great an album could be if you have Jazzy Jeff and Dr. Dre producing it, that'd be like "Code Red" meets "The Chronic", it'd be the best album ever, can't sleep on that opportunity....

Edited by bigted

I really don't see any problems with it. If he was able to get the same type of promotion as LL, then it would be a great idea. I am all for it.

I think Will still might be able to do something big on Interscope if he joins Aftermath like Busta Rhymes, Busta's got one of the most anticipated albums of the year, I mean just think how great an album could be if you have Jazzy Jeff and Dr. Dre producing it, that'd be like "Code Red" meets "The Chronic", it'd be the best album ever, can't sleep on that opportunity....

yeah Dre is 1of the best but he doesn't make anythinh on L&F so i dont think he will ... i was thinking the same thing for Will and Def Jam,i think that would be the best !

Well Dr. Dre produced the score for "Bad Boys 2" so I don't think it'd be that much of a stretch if he worked with Will, I don't like some of his current production as much of his earlier stuff but I think working with a legendary mc like Will'd help bring out the best of him again...