JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

SET IT OFF

3cookies

I just finished watching Set It Off... and forgot how incredible this movie was. I forgot the 4th actress name,... but I ALSO forgot just how much I really love this movie. Their chemistry is perfect, and there were some funny parts, as well as intense segments in the movie... But the entire storyline itself, was thought provoking and just "ReaL"...

anyway... did anybody else watch this before and enjoyed it more the 3rd or 4th tyme seeing it?

peace,

cookie

Kimberly Elise I think...

She was in Woman Thou Art Lose and Diary of a Mad Black Woman...

She was also the wife in John Q.

I notice that in every movie she's in, she's mad or upset about something... and she's really good at it... :paperbag:

Edited by MaxFly

yeah Kimberly's Oscar bound, ironically she played the youngest character in the movie and I believe she's the oldest of them all lol...I LOVE Set It Off, one of my fave Jada movies, she was great in it as well as the other three ladies. You can tell it's one of those "hood classics" just by people's response to the girls @ the 2005 BET Awards...I agree Cookie it had a great balance of everything kept me laughing and crying..it's def. relateable on different levels

I love that film! i haven't watched it in such a long time and I got it on DVD! Is this the movie that Jada has a bum double??

whats a bum double???

anyway, I kinda caught it today, half way through, and my son was telling me about a part in the beginning with Vivica Fox and the cop that had her fired from her job in the beginning,... she asked him whats the procedure when u have a gun to your head? MAN. I dont even remember that part, and I've seen the movie soo many tymes. I wanna watch it again now. hah.

Queen Latifah was stupid!!!! hahaha. I love her. when she was playin round with the gun, and shot it off... Jada told her to put it down right now! ha. that was funny... anyways... im glad im not the only person who digg this movie...

peace,

cookie

I love that film! i haven't watched it in such a long time and I got it on DVD! Is this the movie that Jada has a bum double??

A bum double is like a stunt double but its for your bum!! I think you guys call it a fanny, but that means something WAAAAAAAAY different in this country so I won't even go there!!! I remember watching the love scene and thinking "Whoa, thats a bum and a half", but I think I remember reading somewhere she got someone else in when they had to show her bum on screen! :ohdear:

I remember watching the love scene and thinking "Whoa, thats a bum and a half"

I'd like to apologise on behalf of my gender for Brakes' crude thoughts...

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I know I wasn't the only person thinking that!

Lol, yeah you were... :rofl:

Set It Off was a great movie. Instant classic up there with Friday and Boyz In the Hood in my opinion. Only time in my life where I really thought that I could get beat up by a girl.

A bum double is like a stunt double but its for your bum!! I think you guys call it a fanny, but that means something WAAAAAAAAY different in this country so I won't even go there!!! I remember watching the love scene and thinking "Whoa, thats a bum and a half", but I think I remember reading somewhere she got someone else in when they had to show her bum on screen! :ohdear:

lmao! This whole post is hilarious!!!! :rofl: