JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

JJFP Summer Tour!

Hero1

• Admin

hopefully Our german members can give us a proper translation.. but from what I gather in this latest interview...

http://www.sallys.net/interviews/index.php...3110&archiv=115

Jeff is saying to celebrate 20 years of Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince they are gonna do some big shows in the summer..

wow, didnt realise i had forgotten so much german. i think most of the article tells what Jeffs been doing and what he did to get femous. Jeff also tells how he collects music wherever he goes and that he probebly got some german cds 2. Looks like he and Will have been planning a couple of cencerts for the summer ( Is this one of the reasons Jive will release the new compilation?).

I havent used my german in a couple of years so im not sure about this, did I understand it right?

oh, and what does the ß sign mean? I know I've known what it means but i cant recall it...

Just hope they annunce their concerts in time instead of doing those surpriseacts like last time.

Together with the Fresh Prince DJ Jazzy Jeff sold millions of records, won the first grammy for a rap-cd ever given, played in the sitcom 'The Fresh Prince of Bel Air' and performed 2005 at 'Live 8'.

Now he is back to rock the clubs on the Coke dj-culture tour!

Whereas he's not all alone, he brings Rapper Skillz as assistance along!

He got famous in 1996 known as Mad Skillz with his debut 'from Where???', since his homeland Virginia wasn't one of the hip rap-metropolis. Unfortunately his career never got goin. Just last year he declared himself back with his album 'Confessions of a Ghostwriter', after his album 'I Ain't Mad NO More' hadn't been released official.

Anyway, for Jeff Skillz is one of the best rappers a dj could get. "He's supporting me for over 2 years on my tours now. Together we try to reanimate the natural DJ-and-MC-element."

Also with his old partner Will 'The Fresh Prince' Smith he gets along excellent. So Jeff helped Will with his solo-cds, produced several tracks and provided him with scratches for the hits like 'Gettin' Jiggy Wit It' and 'Wild Wild West'. Last year the duo performed in their hometown at the Live 8 concert. The performance was dope because it took place in Philadelphia and was for major cause.

this year aint gonna be inane, anyhow we celebrate the 20th birthday of DJ JAZZY JEFF & THE FRESH PRINCE!!!

Hence Will and I are planning some real huge shows for this summer!?

Furthermore Jeff will release his new record 'The Return of the Magnificent' this year. The title refers to his album from 2002, 'The Magnificent', where he was supported by J-Live, Jill Scott, Shawn Stockman from Boyz II Men and Freddie Foxx. "I already got some Special Guests. However I have to cut down to get in the studio at all. Since 'The Magnificent' I've been touring all the time."

In between he compiled the mix-cd 'HipHop Forever II' though, where he presented his favorite tracks of the early 90s like 'How I Could Just Kill a Man' by Cypress Hill over The Pharcyde, A Tribe Called Quest,The Beatnuts and 'Made You Look' by Nas. So we can expect somethin like that at his performances.

"I've got tons of music. Wherever I am I gather records. Maybe I got some germans even. Though I never know exactly what I'm playing that nite. After all I want to go on a musical voyage with the ppl, so look out!"

sorry for possible misspelling! but im in a hurry :)

Edited by thommey