JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

NELLY RECYCLES "DILIMMA"

Nelly's 1st single off his next album, "Flap Your Wings" waz some commercial trash. Awful track!! Not as bad as "Hot In Herre"...but pretty darn bad. Anyways, "Dillema" featuring Kelly Rowland from the summer of 2002 is a dope song (regardless the fact that it's Nelly's song). Well, since "Flap Your Wings" couldn't flap itself off the ground, Nelly has released a single that is a weak attempt 2 be "Dillema" part 2. It has Jahiem on the hook...smart move, but that dosen't make your song legit. The production isn't as good as "Dillema" but it's pretty good...just emptier. Nelly even has the same singing, whispery flow. It's also a love joint. I'm very happy 2 not hear him whining on the track, and even tho' the song ain't so bad...he should be ashamed that he so sloppily recreated a past it for more commercial sucess. Again, not a bad song, but i thought some of u should keep your eye open 4 it 2 get a small laugh while u nod ya head.

About the girls in Nelly's videos...they are starting 2 slip drastically. The only thing u used 2 be able 2 count on in a rap video when the artist had no talent waz that they would at least choose girls that looked good 2 help distract u from how bad the song waz. But these days, their standards are lowering. They got girls with ugly faces, bad make-up, unflattering clothing (if any), and often just a lil' 2 much around the waste or booty (and this is coming from a fella who appriciates a booty that is out there (move over Sir Mix-Alot).

Nelly seems 2 have hit rock bottom tho' cuz all of his music just sounds like the same few songs re-recorded. While i never liked him as an artist, i did like Ride Wit Me, Number 1, Dillema, and Shake Ya Tailfeather as songs. It seems like he can't even pump out a song that isn't just a rip-off of a past hit.

I was thinking the same thing when I first saw the video!! I was like "He's trying to do Dilemma again!!" This one is no way as good tho!!

The whole deal with the band aid was he was wearing it as a mark or respect for a friend/family member (I forgot) who was in jail! He said he'd stop wearing it when he was released!

Yeah, i think Nelly will still sell records and stay recording...but i think that "Shake Ya Tailfeather" is gonna be his last big hit. He dropped some huge singles but his more recent songs are not only alot worse then the already-bay singles he put out early in his career, but he's not getting the same support or love. Of course it's early 4 this new album so i may be wrong. It would be nice 2 see a current new jack rapper getting ignored and have slumping sales 4 a change since it happens 2 many of the old skool vets.

I hope his new albums doesn't even go gold! :roll:

It's bad enuff that he himself thinks he makes good music (didn't he grow up on any good Hip-Hop). But the fact that millions of people would think a track like "Hot In Herre" waz good enuff 2 buy "Nellyville" baffles me. I heard probably half of Nellyville thru' videos, and radio and stuff and "Dillemma" waz the only good song on it (from what i heard). I can't believe it kicked Born To Reign's butt!!

Really? I hate that song. I love The Neptunes, but that beat waz trash. Nelly of course just whined and talked about nasty stuff. The lyrics were garbage and that hook drove me 2 drink. :drunk:

I honestly think it's the personification of what the worst music in the world is like.

[quote=JumpinJack AJ,Jul 29 2004, 02:23 PM]The lyrics were garbage and that hook drove me 2 drink. :drunk:[/quote]
:werd: I would only dance to a Nelly song if I was drunk! :roll: