JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will to star in I am legend

*mimi*

• Members

Hey guys!

It's been a while since I posted something here but that's because most fo you always beat me to it when I find something interesting;)

Anyway, I found this production still on comingsoon.net:

http://www.comingsoon.net/cgi-bin/imageFol...ion/I_Am_Legend

I think this can count as the first official still from the movie.

I also found this interesting article and it comes with yet another photo:

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/14/movies/1...amp;oref=slogin

I can't wait to see the creatures or some CGI/action scenes.

Enjoy guys.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Will Raps To Take Chill off Shoot

January 27, 2007 -- WILL Smith warmed up a crowd of about 1,000 extras huddling under the Brooklyn Bridge to shoot a scene for "I Am Legend" as the thermometer hit 11 degrees Thursday night. "So he grabs the microphone from the first assistant director and breaks out into a spontaneous rap, leading into a quick rendition of his hit 'Summertime,' " one actress told Page Six. "More than 1,000 extras sang along at the chorus. It was a pretty great moment - everyone was definitely warmed up by it." The movie features Smith as the last uninfected man on a planet swarming with vampires. The bridge scene, full of helicopters and ferries, is a flashback showing everyone in Manhattan trying to evacuate by getting past a military barricade onto an East River barge. Smith is running for his life with his wife, played by Salli Richardson-Whitfield, and their daughter, played by his real-life offspring Willow.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

On IMDB message boards one guy posted this VERY interesting piece of news, thought you guys might enjoy:

James Newton Howard (Blood Diamond, Signs, King Kong, The Village, The Sixth Sense) just signed on to score 'I Am Legend'

Warner Bros. Pictures, who will release the film on

December 17, has confirmed the signing of James

Newton Howard to Film Music Weekly. The film

is directed by Francis Lawrence, who helmed the

apocalyptic Constantine (scored by Brian Tyler

and Klaus Badelt) a couple of years ago. I Am Legend

is also a fantasy story about a man who is the

only human person living on the planet left – the

rest of the world is inhabited by blood-thirsty

vampires! Will Smith stars as the human fighting

for his survival, other cast members include

Sonia Braga and Salli Richardson. Akiva Goldsman

has written the screenplay based on Richard

Matheson’s novel.

James Newton Howard, who is represented by

Gorfaine-Schwartz, has recently scored The Lookout

and also has the music for Michael Clayton and

the adventure epic The Waterhorse coming up.

I think this is quite good. I thought his scores for M'Night Shyamalan's movies were all pretty awesome, not to mention King Kong...

Cheers

The $5 Million I Am Legend Scene

The Hollywood Reporter has published a report on a massive scene from Warner Bros. Pictures' I Am Legend, directed by Francis Lawrence and starring Will Smith. Here's a clip:

New York. Nighttime. Post-apocalypse. As a life-warping illness devastates the American populace, survivors gather at a pier by the Brooklyn Bridge, desperate to be evacuated.

It is a central moment in Warner Bros. Pictures' "I Am Legend," the much-anticipated $150 million-plus sci-fi actioner starring Will Smith and directed by Francis Lawrence. But as impressive a nail-biter as this particular scene will surely be, its drama is rivaled by that of the process of mounting and shooting it on six successive nights in January.

"The physical scale of the Brooklyn Bridge scene was the most daunting," says location manager Paul Kramer, who began prepping back in July. "There were so many moving parts."

In addition to complying with the requirements of no fewer than 14 government agencies, producers had to bring in a crew of 250, plus 1,000 extras, including 160 members of the National Guard in full combat gear. They commandeered a flotilla of Coast Guard boats, grappled with hypothermia-inducing temperatures, coped with dozens of production-related injuries -- and nursed a frozen helicopter.

Click here for much more on the scene. The sci-fi actioner hits theaters on December 14.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=20107

On IMDB message boards one guy posted this VERY interesting piece of news, thought you guys might enjoy:

James Newton Howard (Blood Diamond, Signs, King Kong, The Village, The Sixth Sense) just signed on to score 'I Am Legend'

Matheson’s novel.

I think this is quite good. I thought his scores for M'Night Shyamalan's movies were all pretty awesome, not to mention King Kong...

Cheers

What does ıt mean to score ? Did he edited it or is he producing it or what ?

Thanks for the explanation.

Matheson’s novel.

Cheers

What does ıt mean to score ? Did he edited it or is he producing it or what ?

Thanks for the explanation.

He's the person who composes the music for the movie.

The $5 Million I Am Legend Scene

The Hollywood Reporter has published a report on a massive scene from Warner Bros. Pictures' I Am Legend, directed by Francis Lawrence and starring Will Smith. Here's a clip:

New York. Nighttime. Post-apocalypse. As a life-warping illness devastates the American populace, survivors gather at a pier by the Brooklyn Bridge, desperate to be evacuated.

It is a central moment in Warner Bros. Pictures' "I Am Legend," the much-anticipated $150 million-plus sci-fi actioner starring Will Smith and directed by Francis Lawrence. But as impressive a nail-biter as this particular scene will surely be, its drama is rivaled by that of the process of mounting and shooting it on six successive nights in January.

"The physical scale of the Brooklyn Bridge scene was the most daunting," says location manager Paul Kramer, who began prepping back in July. "There were so many moving parts."

In addition to complying with the requirements of no fewer than 14 government agencies, producers had to bring in a crew of 250, plus 1,000 extras, including 160 members of the National Guard in full combat gear. They commandeered a flotilla of Coast Guard boats, grappled with hypothermia-inducing temperatures, coped with dozens of production-related injuries -- and nursed a frozen helicopter.

Click here for much more on the scene. The sci-fi actioner hits theaters on December 14.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=20107

That's crazy. It sure better be a good scene. Sounds like it took quite a bit of work to pull off.

I wish they'd released this movie in the summer.. even August.. I think its gonna be huge

It would be a great summer blockbuster. I'm guessing that they're still in post production right now, ironing out the special effects and what not.