JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will to star in I am legend

*mimi*

• Admin

Wow, francis lawrence as the director.

I didn't like constantine and dude hasn't done much directing

for any big movie, hope they're doing the right thing.

have you seen his music videos?? they suck!! he did black suits comin.. that was pretty horrible.. Now if only he left the project.. :tantrum:

yeah the vid of black suits was not that good. but the track itself is really dope!

on topic: Will should leave the movies for a while now and concentrate on doing music! maybe its too late in 5 years to get hiphop back into its golden times.

Edited by DefCEM

That makes sense.. ready for big willie weekend 07

It likely won't be the 4th of July weekend though, as "Transformers" and "Fantastic Four 2" both have staked that out already. There's "Spiderman 3" in early May and "Shrek III" and "Pirates III" for Memorial Weekend. So likely mid July is when we'll see it, thought Warner Bros. also got "Harry Potter 5" scheduled to come out.

Wow, all those movie with Will's "I Am Legend", plus "Ocean's 13", "Simpsons: The Movie", a Roland Emmerich movie called "10,000 B.C.", A Jim Carrery comedy called "Used Guys", Adam Sandler and Kevin James in the comedy "I Now Pronouce You Chuck and Larry". Next Summer is gonna be huge!!

Edited by Radewart

Listen people, this movie has PIECE OF CRAP written all over it...

Not even Will can save this one....

It was a VERY bad decision to do this before Tonight, he Comes.

Will had better hope Pursuit of happyness does really well cuz this movie is a BOMB!

Sorry...

I mean come ON, VAMPIRES AGAIN???!!!!

Its played out!

STUPID, STUPID, Stupid.....

• Members

I don't mind movies with plots similar to others (like vampires) as long as they give us a fresh touch on the subject. How many Zombie movies hawe we seen before "Shaun Of The Dead" came out? And let's face it, the movie kicked major ass.

I don't know if you read the book but I have and let me tell you this: it's a definitely a different look on the whole subject of vampires than anything we've seen so far. It's a novel in which most modern-day film-makers seek inspiration so I think it's about time someone translated it properly onto the big screen.

Listen people, this movie has PIECE OF CRAP written all over it...

Not even Will can save this one....

It was a VERY bad decision to do this before Tonight, he Comes.

Will had better hope Pursuit of happyness does really well cuz this movie is a BOMB!

Sorry...

I mean come ON, VAMPIRES AGAIN???!!!!

Its played out!

STUPID, STUPID, Stupid.....

Richard Matheson, who wrote the short story, is a pioneer in horror and scifi. His work has been the base for many great films and other books. Steven King credits him as the inspiration for becoming an author. If it stays true to the source, this would be an awesome horror/scifi movie! The movie will have great action scenes but it's also a pshycological story about being the last man alive on earth, dealing with the isolation, and having former neighbors and friends turn into monsters that want you dead. Plus, it has a great ironic twist at the end.

Sure, but consider the director....

That simply negates the fact that you have a great story.

i.e.: I, ROBOT!!! Great story, bad director

Ya know I'm a BIG, BIG, Will Smith fan, HOWEVER, the choices in movies are very questionable. I mean, who was the last GOOD director that Will worked with?? Its been years! Years!! Don't lie to yourself! What ever happened to A-list actors working with A-list directors?? Not C-List directors!

Sure, this movie could be great, however, It won't be unless they dump the director.

Constantine WAS WEAK, what makes this different? The director can't translate emotion of the characters for $#^&! Its just going to turn into a shoot-em-up type action movie with no heart. Mark my words.

Will Smith is an A+ list actor, why can't he get good roles?? His best chance was Tonight, He Comes, but they ruined that by having the director of Pursuit of Happyness direct it. Either Pursuit is going to stink or Tonight, he Comes will.

For Will to work with such weak directors is a slap in the face to all of his fans.

For those of you who are still complaining about Will not doing more music... we heard you the fist 127 times... Boo hooo... Now walk it off and stop complaining. It's starting to get annoying hearing people whine and complain every time there is a rumored movie project, saying the same things repeatedly. If there's no new perspective or information on the situation that you wish to share, keep that whining ish to yourself. It's getting tedious.

Sorry for the harshness, but it needed to be said. :wiggle:

Edited by MaxFly

however, i must admit I became a Will smith fan, not from his movies but from his music.

NOT to say that he isn't a great actor.

However, I won't apologize for his bad movie selection...

Edited by JusticeKnight

For those of you who are still complaining about Will not doing more music... we heard you the fist 127 times... Boo hooo... Now walk it off and stop complaining. It's starting to get annoying hearing people whine and complain every time there is a rumored movie project, saying the same things repeatedly. If there's no new perspective or information on the situation that you wish to share, keep that whining ish to yourself. It's getting tedious.

Sorry for the harshness, but it needed to be said. :wiggle:

bows head in shame.

• Admin

I agree with the directords comment by justice.. proyas is a great director tho.. but why isn't Will working with a quality director for this project? lawrence is all style and NO SUBSTANCE.. seriously why couldn't Will get a good horror director.. or some1 good with images..mark pellington comes 2 mind...

and I agree with max..this part of the forum is a movie forum..for movie fans..stop complaining abt will not doin music in every new post about a new movie..its gettin annoyin :word:

Francis Lawrence as a director, horrible choice... :shakehead:

bows head in shame.

Lol, I'm sorry Julie. It wasn't directed at you though, just in general. If it had been something about milking switch... then it would have been all you... lol, kidding.

lol i know i was just joking too. If u read near the start of this post i did have a paddy tho (dunno if americans know what that means but ah well, u can learn).