JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Very Best of JJFP

which even we didnt know about it and its already released. If we dont know its out then there is definatly something wrong with promo lol.

Well as i said its a "lil honorin" :kekeke:

Edited by Luigie

oh please let there be something new on this CD, anything will do.

Now you've posted that, im sure i was browsing something the other day and a cd came up ive never seen before the release date was 2006, i saw the front cover too. I took no notice of it bcoz i was busy looking for something else, i just assumed it was something ppl knew about but there was nothing new on it. I cannot remmember where i saw it tho. I'll have a think.

edit:

ah got it, its on itunes.http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?id=134236681&s=143444 . Release date 7th april.

track list.

parents just dont understand

a nightmare on my street

summertime

girls aint nothing but trouble

i think i can beat mike tyson

im all that

hes the dj, im the rapper

too damn hype

pump up the bass

rock the house

just one of those days.

i really like the tracklisting, but nothing new.

Thats almost exactly the same as the Platinum & Gold Collection, if Boom Shake The Room was in there. So I think its probably the same collection album, maybe the release of it in germany. Who knows.

If they were gonna just make it an 11 track CD, they should have jammed it tight with the singles. Yeah, it's called "The Very Best of..." but a Greatest Hits theme would make more sense. Only 5 of those 11 trax were succesful singles. The others are just album trax or underground circulated type hits.

I would have did a lil' somethin' like this...

1. I Wanna Rock

2. I'm Looking For The One (To Be With Me)

3. Boom! Shake The Room

4. Summertime

5. Ring My Bell (Mr. Lee's Extended Remix)

6. The Things U Do

7. The Groove (Grover's Groove)

8. I Think I Can Beat Mike Tyson

9. Brand New Funk

10. Parent's Just Don't Understand

11. Girls Ain't Nothing But Trouble (1988 Remix)

I know i chose a few smaller hits over some bigger hits. But 2 celebrate JJ+FP in 2006, i'd wanna focus more on the later stuff. Then load the package with some un-used Code Red promo pix.

I'll still gladly pick up the album. Tim just recently picked up "Before The Willennium"...i'm sure he thought it waz worth the money...ha ha.

Im not surprised. after BWS came the greatest hits, after willennium came before the willennium and after born to reign we got platinum and gold. As long as Will makes music I think Jive will put out a new JJFP compilation the next year.

Ill buy it even thou its just like all the others coz its always fun when my friends see how many cds that have been released. they only know about summertime, fresh prince, BWS, wild wild west and black suits so whenever they come here they get really surprised seeing that i got 14 cds in my JJFP collection.

I guess the best thing about this release is that the more JJFP cds there are, the bigger the chance new listeners will find JJFP.

Edit: cds in this post refers to albums/compilations and not singles.

Edited by Viktor

• Admin

interesting our collections cd is released 29th of april and has a diff. tracklisting

http://www.hmv.com.au/product/rnb.asp?sku=-972619

1 PARENTS JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND

2 A NIGHTMARE ON MY STREET

3 SUMMERTIME

4 BOOM! SHAKE THE ROOM

5 GIRLS AIN'T NOTHING BUT TROUBLE (1988 EXTENDED REMIX)

6 I THINK I CAN BEAT MIKE TYSON

7 I'M ALL THAT

8 HE'S THE DJ, I'M THE RAPPER

9 TOO DAMN HYPE

10 PUMP UP THE BASS

11 ROCK THE HOUSE

12 JUST ONE OF THOSE DAYS

Its all crazyness. It'll sell stupidly low amounts and make Jive think why they released it. Since you can still buy the awesome 1998 Greatest Hits off the net quite easily. I guess its good to have a new packaged CD out for us the fans already but i can see few new people buying this. Sorry to sound a bit down about the whole thing.