JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will Smith Works For 'Greenbacks'

Big Willie

Will Smith Works For 'Greenbacks'

Will Smith has agreed to star in the action thriller 'Greenbacks', about a conspiracy revolving around counterfeit money.

In the film, the 'I, Robot' star will play an American living in Morocco who stumbles across a plot to destabilize the world's economy by flooding markets with perfect counterfeit notes.

The story has been written by 'The Rock' scribes Doug Cook and David Weisberg, and Smith should start work on the pic after he has wrapped comedy-drama 'The Pursuit of Happyness'.

Source: http://www.timeout.com/film/news/1073.html

Another Article

Will Smith is attached to star in "Greenbacks," based on a pitch by Doug Cook and David Weisberg, for 20th Century Fox.

Smith and James Lassiter Overbrook Entertainment shingle is producing.

Morocco-set action thriller revolves around an American ex-pat who stumbles across a plot to destabilize the world's economy by mass-producing perfect counterfeit greenbacks.

Cook and Weisberg's credits include "The Rock" and "Double Jeopardy."

Smith is producing and starring in Sony's "The Pursuit of Happyness." He's also producing Sony's "Monster Hunter."

Source: http://www.variety.com/article/VR111794139...3&cs=1&nid=2564

Im just ready 4 a new movie regardles... cuz Will has a unique way of making a boring movie worth watching. lmbo. .. I agree with the next podcast, tho I wanna see Max, Johnny and Wes join Timboat on it,... cuz i know Wes will have Jonny saying something hillarouls & outrageous. LOL...\ :lolsign:

peace,

cookie

... that is if hes toasted. LOL!

Man Enough with the movies already!!! :shakehead:

How about that album he's working on....I just don't get it! :ohdear:

:word: I like it when a new movie is on the rise and we start to hear more about it, but this is about 5, he needs to get back in the studio and finish the compilation album, or do something associated to music, atleast.

ANOTHE SOURCE

Will Smith is ready to get jiggy with another action flick.

Variety reports that he has signed on to star in the action thriller Greenbacks for 20th Century Fox. The title “Greenbacks” refers to US money, something Smith is more than familiar with in his multi-million dollar career.

His latest will take place in and around Morocco, where he plays an American refuge that comes up with a dangerously illegal ploy: he will flood the market with perfectly-constructed counterfeit dollars, thereby throwing the world’s economy into a state of chaos. Doug Cook and David Weisberg (The Rock) wrote the script, and Smith will step up as a producer. He was last seen in the smash-hit romantic comedy Hitch.

Link: http://www.cinemablend.com/new.php?id=2523

Edited by Big Willie

• Members

Sounds great. i love political thrillers. I just finished reading Dan Brown's "The Deception Point" and I'm psyched for something like this to come along.

However, I am starting to get worried. We keep hearing about new movies form Mr Smith. I mean "tonight", "TimeShare", "Greenbacks", "It Takes a Thief"..what else?

I wonder whatever happened to some of his older projects he was also "attached" to star like "A Star Is Born", "Untitled S. Allen Counter movie", "I Am Legend", "Affirmative Action" and so on..

And let's not forget his promiseto give us "Bad Boys 3"...

Yes !

I'm very happy with this one.

Now all we need is Michael Bay and Jerry Bruckheimer to direct it.

Michael Bay as the director and Jerry as the producer would be fine.

I loved The Rock, the story seems powerfull,

and I hope they'll find a good director.

Ultimately Michael Bay would be the men for an action movie.

Just found ANOTHER SOURCE

LOS ANGELES - Hollywood actor Will Smith has signed up for a new action thriller called "Greenbacks.' Variety reports that the film is about an American expatriate who stumbles upon a plot to sabotage the world economy by unleashing a deluge of mass-produced counterfeit dollars.

The action is set in Morocco. Smith is also producing and acting in "The Pursuit of Happiness" besides producing "Monster Hunter." Smith, who is married to actress Jada Pinkett-Smith, is also producing "Greenbacks" through his company, Overbook Entertainment, the report said. David Weisberg and Douglas Cook have penned the script for the film.

The two of them are also credited with 'The Rock' and 'Double Jeopardy'. Will Smith will play the lead role in the film. Other cast members are yet to be finalized. Will Smith was in the news recently for his trip to India. He was reportedly smitten by beauty queen Aishwarya Rai and agreed to work in any Bollywood film alongside her.

However, Rai did not get to meet him although Smith managed to get together with the Who's Who of the Indian film industry. The "Independence Day" star was mesmerized by the Hindi films with their song and dance routine. However, with all these Hollywood projects on hand, it is not clear if he has the time to act in Indian films.

Source: http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/6137.html

Im just ready 4 a new movie regardles... cuz Will has a unique way of making a boring movie worth watching. lmbo. .. I agree with the next podcast, tho I wanna see Max, Johnny and Wes join Timboat on it,... cuz i know Wes will have Jonny saying something hillarouls & outrageous. LOL...\ :lolsign:

peace,

cookie

... that is if hes toasted. LOL!

Cookie, we absolutely have to get you on the next podcast with Lerkot. If you think Jonny's funny when he's tipsy or out right drunk, Lerk is 5 times more hilarious when he's sober (sorry Jonny). But yeah, I can't wait for the next podcast recording.