JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Dr. Pepper Ad

• Members

Dunno if anyone else heard this radio commerical, it was kinda cool.

Dr. Pepper Cans 'Mash Up' Ads Featuring Will Smith, Big Gipp

By Nolan Strong

Date: 3/29/2006 8:45 am

A $5 million dollar ad promoting Dr. Pepper featuring the music of Will Smith, Kiss, EMP and Cyndi Lauper "mashed" together has been canned by the soft drink's owner, Cadbury Schweppes.

Three different commercials were produced, one which briefly includes rapper Big Gipp and one that incorporates Smith's hit single "Miami."

Most of the $5 million being spent on acquiring the rights to the music in the commercials.

A spokesperson for Cadbury said the advertisements were shelved because of a change in marketing strategies.

San Francisco based company Y&R has been hired to develop new spots for Dr. Pepper before Memorial Day (May 29).

Cadbury Schweppes acquired Dr. Pepper in 1995 and the company has worked with Run-DMC and Jam Master Jay, the Black Eyed Peas and other rap groups to help promote the soft drink.

http://www.allhiphop.com/hiphopnews/?ID=5505

I don't see nothing wrong if Will's music was featured in a soda advertisements, maybe if it was 15 years ago you could say that he'd be selling out doing that but a million rappers have done that since then though, hip-hop is a billion dollar industry now, it's hard to call a rapper a 'sell-out' for doing advertisements now, even underground rappers like Talib Kweli are in commercials now, there'd be too many rappers to name if you did, lol

Edited by bigted

I don't see nothing wrong if Will's music was featured in a soda advertisements, maybe if it was 15 years ago you could say that he'd be selling out doing that but a million rappers have done that since then though, hip-hop is a billion dollar industry now, it's hard to call a rapper a 'sell-out' for doing advertisements now, even underground rappers like Talib Kweli are in commercials now, there'd be too many rappers to name if you did, lol

whats talib kweli in???

whats talib kweli in???

i saw him in a commercial advertising to watch the college basketball tournament i think