JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

I, ROBOT IN PARIS!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's just easier for me because I can't type that well, but if you guys prefer I won't do that either, I just graduated high school in June, mostly four years of writing papers, so when I don't have t worry about punctuation and stuff, it just flows easier, but if it bothers you guys I won't post in caps anymore when I do post :eek4:

• Admin
[quote=willjadafan,Jul 24 2004, 04:32 PM]OH WELL...I TRIED TO EXPLAIN...HOPE SOMEBODY WILL ALERT YOU GUYS TO FUTURE LINKS...I JUST THOUGHT THAT AFTER A WHILE IT WOULD BE KIND OF OBVIOUS THAT WHEN HE DOES PREMIERES AND PROMOTION THAT THERE WOULD BE PICS OVER AT WIREIMAGE AND GETTYIMAGES AT LEAST, BUT IF IT BOTHERS YOU GUYS THAT MUCH I JUST WON'T POST...NO HARD FEELINGS BUT, I DON'T APPRECIATE BEING MADE TO SOUND LIKE A LIAR...ANY SUGGESTIONS ON HOW TO SEND EMAILS, DESPITE A VIRUS? MAYBE YOU GUYS HAVE SOME INSIGHT ON THAT TOO? (NOT BEING SARCASTIC, I REALLY AM CURIOUS) I'M NOT MAKING THIS UP ABOUT NOT BEING ABLE TO POST LINKS( IT HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH MY HARD DRIVE) BUT THAT'S ANOTHER STORY FOR ANOTHER TIME, AND I DON'T WANT TO TURN INTO A BROKEN RECORD SO ONCE AGAIN I SAY THANX ANYWAY.... :thumb:[/quote]
dont leave..thanks for posting all the news.. u just have to put a http:// and then the address for it to show a link :thumb:

Guest Prince
[quote=willjadafan,Jul 24 2004, 10:32 PM]OH WELL...I TRIED TO EXPLAIN...HOPE SOMEBODY WILL ALERT YOU GUYS TO FUTURE LINKS...I JUST THOUGHT THAT AFTER A WHILE IT WOULD BE KIND OF OBVIOUS THAT WHEN HE DOES PREMIERES AND PROMOTION THAT THERE WOULD BE PICS OVER AT WIREIMAGE AND GETTYIMAGES AT LEAST, BUT IF IT BOTHERS YOU GUYS THAT MUCH I JUST WON'T POST...NO HARD FEELINGS BUT, I DON'T APPRECIATE BEING MADE TO SOUND LIKE A LIAR...ANY SUGGESTIONS ON HOW TO SEND EMAILS, DESPITE A VIRUS? MAYBE YOU GUYS HAVE SOME INSIGHT ON THAT TOO? (NOT BEING SARCASTIC, I REALLY AM CURIOUS) I'M NOT MAKING THIS UP ABOUT NOT BEING ABLE TO POST LINKS( IT HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH MY HARD DRIVE) BUT THAT'S ANOTHER STORY FOR ANOTHER TIME, AND I DON'T WANT TO TURN INTO A BROKEN RECORD SO ONCE AGAIN I SAY THANX ANYWAY.... :thumb:[/quote]
Different vruses do different things, and I see where you are coming from. If you use I.E. as your internet browser it has so holes and security flaws in it that there is a possibility that it could be possible;
incidentally Microsoft have patches on their website to fix some of these security flaws - labelled as "critical". See search.microsoft.com/search/results.aspx?st=b&na=90&View=en-us&qu=internet+explorer for more.

If you use Outlook on your computer for your emails then that is another gateway for people to access your computer (I won't go into details, but it's a sad result of Microsofts popularity that people target these. Also, as it's inbuilt into the OS it only makes it easier). For emails, if you have a free hotmail account or something that you access via Outlook then go to the website and log in there where it should work alright for you.

And yes it is to do with your hard drive, everything on your computer can be found there.

Oh and I appreciate you giving us the heads up all the time; I can never remember to check these sites until someone posts about it. I think many people just find capitals annoying because it makes it more difficult to read. :dancingcool: Edited by Prince

Guest Prince
Oh and also (again, I don't want to start anything by saying this but I'm going to keep it real with y'all and be honest), if we're going to get picky about how people type then I might get picky about how people constantly use abbreviations instead of typing out the full word. All I'm saying is, you have to accept how people want to type.

• Admin
[quote=Prince,Jul 25 2004, 04:40 PM]Oh and also (again, I don't want to start anything by saying this but I'm going to keep it real with y'all and be honest), if we're going to get picky about how people type then I might get picky about how people constantly use abbreviations instead of typing out the full word. All I'm saying is, you have to accept how people want to type.[/quote]
what r u talkin abt?

It's cool it'll just take me twice as long to type , I'll just be a little slower with it, and two of my uncles are computer whizzes/ techincians(whatever you want to call it) and they've taken classes and read books about it so the problem can be fixed it'll just take a while because my hard drive is only a few months old and there may be numerous viruses on it. One of them is the Spyware virus and I've tried to use the sites that help clear the virus but this computer always freezes up, just like it did about five minutes ago when I checkin' out some posts here.... don't worry I'm not going anywhere, I love this site(forum)too much it's the #1 Will Smith source for me, I just won't post alerts to pics(w/o links) anymore because I didn't realize it was so annoying for so many people...I didn't think it was that serious, or about typing in caps either, but maybe it's just me :), I just get excited when I see Will and I want to share when I can...but like I said it's cool
I also type in all caps because I 'm farsighted and my glasses are broken so it's easier for me too see without straining, I know what you're thinking use larger text, but the bold print just works better for me ( deep breath) I hope I answered everyone's questions :) ...THANX FOR THE TIPS YOU GUYS, REALLY APPRECIATE IT!!!! :thumb:

lol ok the abbrieviations is me too, i know what you mean about the viruses though, i had one for about 3 months, i have only just finally got rid of it, but please keep posting because your links are helpful!!

That was so difficult to type a whole paragraph without using an abbrieviation, i can see this lasting about a day.

Guest Prince
The easy way to get rid of everything that may be lurking on your hard-drive... This is the most extreme... Make sure everything you care about on your computer and want to keep is backed up on CD... Then just format the hard-drive... Wipes everything. I had to do that a few years back when I got one that spread itself everywhere.

Guest Prince
Oh, and Julie what I meant was that if people were going to complain about people typing in capitals, then I might complain about them not typing properly either. I don't mind, it's cool... It just seems a bit hypocritical that's all.

Guest Prince
willjadafan, there is a text zoom option in one of the menus that you can select which will automatically make the text much larger so it is easier to see. In Netscape its under the View menu called Text Zoom, and in IE its under the same menu, but called Text Size. Good luck. I know what you mean about sight, I'm short sighted and if I don't have my contacts in then I have to be about 20cms away from the computer screen before anything comes into focus.