JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Fresh Prince Movie?

Radewart

I highly doubt this(plus this site is never to accurate), but hey stranger things have happen.

link: http://www.moviehole.net/gossipmonkey/2006...resh_princ.html

swung on a certain Vine earlier and pulled some info concerning Will Smith.

The polite and reverential Mr.Smith's earlier alter ego, 'The Fresh Prince', of TV show fame, is to apparently get a big screen version of its own.

Don’t get too excited though. Will is supposedly just the Producer, with his Overbrook Entertainment company overseeing development and he is currently seeking a younger fresher 'Prince' to take on the role. (I’m betting ‘Bow Wow gets a look in – Ed).

Edited by Radewart

I'm almost more than certain that if this movie gets made, Nick Cannon will get the part. I don't see any reason why Bow Wow would even be mentioned... based on what he said about Will's music career and the fact that he's like 5'2" automatically eliminates him if the movie is to be connected to the tv show in any way. And more importantly, who would play Carlton? This is a bad idea... this is a very bad idea... What I would like is an Original Fresh Prince Movie with the old cast from 96 showing then x number of years later... how they've grown, how they've changed, how they relate to eachother, and how they've stayed the same. Even if it's a TV movie special on NBC... make it happen...

I dont think a Fresh prince movie would be a very good idea...but lets see how it goes, if they want a great movie i wouldnt recomend Bow Wow :paperbag:

lol shows what i get for not reading the article. yeah i definitely think its a bad idea now. i would also like to see what Max suggested, a one night reunion show about whats goin on 10 years later or whatever. this year would be the year to do it too :2thumbs:

After what Bow Wow said about Will I doubt Will's gonna give him a role, especially to play him, but hey there should be a Fresh Prince movie based on his life one day, I mean if other overrated wack rappers could make films based on their fake lives(you already know who they are, lol) why can't Will make a movie based on his life? I think he should be playing himself in it too 'cause I don't think anybody's worthy enough to potray him in a film

Edited by bigted

Well I agree with everyone else here about how there shouldn't be a FPOBA movie, maybe even another reunion episode wouldn't work out, I think they should just leave the classic series the way it is, if it ain't broke don't try to fix it

Well I agree with everyone else here about how there shouldn't be a FPOBA movie, maybe even another reunion episode wouldn't work out, I think they should just leave the classic series the way it is, if it ain't broke don't try to fix it

:word: I agree, it's great the way it is!

Maybe an hour specail but not actually on the FPOBA set, maybe them Meeting up in real life and they give there thoughts on who they think has become the most successful (easily Will) and who's changed the most etc...