JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

DMX in new song "We in here"

Guest Guest_Mr.2point_*

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For real. DMX is the best when it comes gritty street Hip-Hop. I just wish his current stuff waz on the same level as his early stuff. The lyrics are the same, but the production has been slipping.

And some of the trouble that DMX gets in amazes me. He comes off as a really good guy...smart, spiritual, etc. But he keeps making this mistakes.

Back on topic...it's stupid 2 say that Rihanna's producers jacked the "Switch" beat. That sound appeared on other trax b4 "Switch" waz even written.

Back on topic...it's stupid 2 say that Rihanna's producers jacked the "Switch" beat. That sound appeared on other trax b4 "Switch" waz even written.

That true. But thats not how I mean it. I think it sounded like that on perpuse caus Switch was such a big hit at that time. Not caus its the firts time there is a beat like that but just caus the song was that big.. You kow what i mean?

Edited by Turntable

• 2 weeks later...

Well I think reason why he dissed "Pon De Replay" in this song is 'cause he was on Hot 97 last month and said that he was upset that Def Jam decided to release "Pon De Replay" before his single last summer, he said he felt disrespected, I don't think it was Rhianna's fault though so he shouldn't diss her for that 'cause she don't control what to release, he should just take shots at Jay-Z, not at Rhianna, rappers dissin' non rappers is not a good look, damn I wish he was on Interscope and they released 50 Cent before him and see what he'd do then, lol, well that's why DMX is so respected 'cause he ain't afraid to speak his mind and get walked on, but hey I don't like that song much either and I'd personally would rather have heard DMX's new single last summer instead of Rhianna's gimmick song so I could care less, lol, the thing that made "Pon De Replay" look like a gimmick is 'cause it got released it right when "Switch" was topping the charts, obviously it was done to get the "Switch" fans to like that song and buy her album, usually when somebody jacks a beat they don't do it right away but that was obvious the way it was done, there's a lot of beats sounding the same though so it's obvious that the reason why he dissed "Pon De Replay" is not 'cause of just that but 'cause he wanted his single to come out before hers...

U got it right there! I like ''Pon De Replay'' and Rihanna, she sounds really nice, very good voice but 4 sho Will is betta and also his beat from Switch but it's almost the same tho'! :1-cool:

This whole topic is rediculous. That beat or similar ones have been on countless other songs. Rihanna and her team weren't jackin' this beat. They were probably working on the song at the same time. Back in the eary 90's, people said House of Pain recorded their 1st single "Jump Around" after the success of Kris Kross' "Jump." Truth is, they were both in the studio at the same time and the songs had no relation.

I don't understand why DMX is attacking someone like Rihanna over something that waz Gay-Z's decision. It's reminscent of Eminem taking on Backstreet Boys and NSYNC. It just didn't make sense. It waz beyond making fun of them, he waz approaching it as if it were a rap fued...it's just stupid.

Basically what AJ's saying here goes back to what I said earlier, if DMX got a problem with how he was treated by Jay-Z he should just diss him, he shouldn't take it out on Rhianna, I think he could destory Jay-Z in a battle though, he's one of the toughest lyricists

Edited by bigted

Basically what AJ's saying here goes back to what I said earlier, if DMX got a problem with how he was treated by Jay-Z he should just diss him, he shouldn't take it out on Rhianna, I think he could destory Jay-Z in a battle though, he's one of the toughest lyricists

Really ? :hmm: jay-Z is far more witty than DMX and X is more about the gritty street rhyming. I think Jigga and DMX would make an interesting battle :kekeke:

Well most of Jay's verses consistant around how much money he has on the most part except for like a couple songs, DMX spits with far more passion his verses, he's like Nas, he could basically "Ether" Jay if he spits a verse like this at him:

Niggaz - walk around frontin (frontin) talkin bout jewels (jewels)

how much you bust tools, y'all niggaz sounds like fools (woo)

Who you really think give a **** how much your watch cost? (mm-hmm)

How much your watch cost? You bout to get your watch lost (aight)

If you flashin it, you must not want it

See I **** with real niggaz that done it

You know what time it is, run it!

Niggaz got more important **** to deal with

Talkin about some 4 wheel ****

but my man here is about to kill **** (UH!)

Keep playin niggaz pussy, and you will get ****ed

Why don't you cop some more ice dog;

then you will get stuck and ****ed

Bitch-ass nigga, hit my street

and see what happens to that iceberg when it's hit by heat (woo)

It want be a pretty sight, you and your pretty wife

Oh you must have forgot dog, this is the ****ty life (aight?)

Ain't a ****in thing sweet, and ain't nothing fair

Just another nigga dead, don't a mother****er care