JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Da Homeboyz - "Rockin' Wit' It"

Trey

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like the song as it happens, I just didn't reply because I didn't want to say so directly. But since you called me out, and decided I "liked" the song, I'll deliver some home truths.

Firstly, the flow is all off. It doesn't flow when I read it, and if you ever came to record this, and I doubt seriously as to whether or not any of you have the skills to actually rap, letalone record it, then you would be stopping and starting (a bit like Renagades raps).

Your subject matter is whack. Seriously. Rap about something worthwhile, but what you people are saying is nothing. Nobody would buy that. Your lines half the time don't even make sense. I mean:

"Party ain't started unless Da Homeboyz are chillin'//"

Right, so you're chilling. Can't be a very good party you boys put on.

Other lines are similarly whack:

"You'd get a wack to da face, if you even think about goin'//"

"Rappin' is out thing, don't mess wit us, or u'll git a lesson//"

"Lets get busy, im gonna kidnap you//"

I mean.. lol. Y'all are just trying to be people you aren't. Give it up and rap properly, I'm not going to waste my time on you. It's just crap. Pure and simple. You people seem to have taken a wrong turn somewhere. Probably talk to Renagade too much.

Oh, and for what it's worth, the double forward slash at the end of each line is something that only I ever did. If you've spent that much time looking at my rhymes that you feel the need to copy me, then surely you picked up something along the way and would rap better. Or maybe you just want to be me.

I was only trying to help by informing you that your rap name doesn't do you any justice.

Geez. Talk about pulling the wool over your own eyes. lol

Edited by thePrince

Your subject matter is whack. Seriously. Rap about something worthwhile, but what you people are saying is nothing. Nobody would buy that. Your lines half the time don't even make sense. I mean:

"Party ain't started unless Da Homeboyz are chillin'//"

Right, so you're chilling. Can't be a very good party you boys put on.

Other lines are similarly whack:

"You'd get a wack to da face, if you even think about goin'//"

"Rappin' is out thing, don't mess wit us, or u'll git a lesson//"

"Lets get busy, im gonna kidnap you//"

I mean.. lol. Y'all are just trying to be people you aren't. Give it up and rap properly, I'm not going to waste my time on you. It's just crap. Pure and simple. You people seem to have taken a wrong turn somewhere. Probably talk to Renagade too much.

:rofl: haha...

Damn Prince, you ended the discussion right there.

And Trey: Yes i know "Snap Music" is too "Lean Wit it, Rock wit it". But man, have you noticed the name of your song? Rockin wit it?.. And the group is called Da Homeboyz.. It's not that original if you understand what i mean. And im not hating.

Luigie have impressed me with some of his latest songs.

It's just bad luck ya'll.

Peace

Luigie have impressed me with some of his latest songs.

It's just bad luck ya'll.

Peace

im glad u say dat but...probably they impress cos i dont do party tracks, dis one is party track, maybe we aint good to do dis, and prince we aint tryin to be sumthin we arent, i dont know those groups u're talkin bout, neither the titles, my knowledge of dat is a bit limited, so if u say dat, yeah it could be seem as a copy, but trust me by my part i aint copyin nobody.

i think we can just say that, even with mistakes, they still tryin to get out of they lifestyle. Go head man, get out, im wit cha, i aint mad at cha

thnks 4 the support :2thumbs: