JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

God Forbid, but what if...

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe in other Forums where guys like us hang around, Summertime is more known. But be real, the youth from like 12 till 20.. Most of them dont know Summertime, and if they do they still know Man In Black better. For shure, caus its allways on the radio still an on TV and stuff.

And than there is the Group abve those ages wh also know like Man In Black better, caus they aint really into Hip Hop. They just catch some things up on Tv and stuff..

Only the true Hip Hop Heads would knw Summertime more.. And that arent much. Face it..

I think you are wrong Turntable. To most music interested people, Summertime is more known. And in the future, when both songs are old, you will see very clear that more people remember Summertime.

i know what Turntable is sayin. if you take any adult and ask them this question, the answer will probably be Summertime.

but if you ask any teenager, they will more likely say Gettin Jiggy or MIB. trust me there's references to gettin jiggy wit it all the time and everyone has seen MIB. i think alot of teens know about Summertime too, but not as much as that about about GJWI and MIB

in conclusion, it's probably Summertime.

men in black was a blockbuster movie, and everybody knows it, from bankok to madagaskar. summertime was big in the time when hiphop started to become really big. and there were not a lot of ppl who payed attention for it. so i'm with men in black and maybe miami. these were the songs when big will became really big in movies and even bigger in music (bws sold over 8mill).

The reason I think that is because if you did a poll of the general public, I think Summertime and Gettin Jiggy Wit It would be pretty even, not a lot of people remember back to the days of Summertime. Of course I would prefer Summertime to be remembered more, but that is just how I would see it happening.

• Members

I think the great thing is that his career has spanned such a long time that 2 or more generations will remember him for diffrent things. I myself will always think of "Nightmare" or "Girls Aint Nothin but Trouble" but someone a little younger will say "Summertime" then teenagers will go to "MIB" and Jiggy. Thats why he is the greatest of all times.

i know what Turntable is sayin. if you take any adult and ask them this question, the answer will probably be Summertime.

Luckily there's more adults than teenagers. :lolsign:

I think the great thing is that his career has spanned such a long time that 2 or more generations will remember him for diffrent things. I myself will always think of "Nightmare" or "Girls Aint Nothin but Trouble" but someone a little younger will say "Summertime" then teenagers will go to "MIB" and Jiggy. Thats why he is the greatest of all times.

:word:

I first learned of JJ/FP from Nightmare and Parents... but I think Summertime has the best staying power.

I think you are wrong Turntable. To most music interested people, Summertime is more known. And in the future, when both songs are old, you will see very clear that more people remember Summertime.

Thats not necessarly true. Every summer the radio station pulls out summertime. Its played still so much kids hear it and associate it with Will. I was listening to a request show for the 80's and 90's and a kid requested summertime. She was 9 years old. The song is older than her!

That's what seperates Will from other rappers in the game, he got fans from all walks of life, those who're 30 and over would probably say "Girls Ain't Nothin' But Trouble", "Parents Just Don't Understand", and "Brand New Funk", those who're between 20-30 probably would say "Summertime", "Men In Black", and "Gettin' Jiggy Wit It" and the teenagers and young kids probably just know him for "Switch" and maybe "Black Suits Comin", Will reaches many generations of fans lol....

Edited by bigted

That's what seperates Will from other rappers in the game, he got fans from all walks of life, those who're 30 and over would probably say "Girls Ain't Nothin' But Trouble", "Parents Just Don't Understand", and "Brand New Funk", those who're between 20-30 probably would say "Summertime", "Men In Black", and "Gettin' Jiggy Wit It" and the teenagers and young kids probably just know him for "Switch" and maybe "Black Suits Comin", Will reaches many generations of fans lol....

Yes thats true. There arennt much Mc`s,or even artists in generalm, out there that can say that. Thats why he`s a G.O.A.T. Will gets much love, also as a rapper. But hardcorefans like us often dont recognise that, caues we are to bussy winning about the lil group of haters.. We have allot of Threads about Bow Wow disrespceting Will, but we shoud have allot of Threads about peeps like Fat Joe, Jay-Z etc. supporting Will.

Same for normal people we know and theyr opinions..