JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Listening hh or music is helpful when you're going abroad.

Damian

I heard examples of people which very good school estimates had problems with understaning other people (especially when talked with young people). When they heard words like: "shizzle" or "dizzle", even "gonna", "wanna", "banana" (just joking:))they had problems. In Poland we're teaching English which UK grammar. This is quite funny, you think that you're good.... but you can't understand another person:) One guy talked with boy who wanted to sell a weed, but he couldn't understand him. He asked this boy to talk without slang.

Very often English teachers don't know meaning of some words.... that's ok, but when he don't want to know what those words mean.... is strange. I know that I must learn English which they require, but it's good to know also slang.

In past I thought that words like "wanna" or "ain't" is use by color ppl (without offense by my side). This is gramar by american, right?

Ain't - means ain + not or something? Is so that why this song title "Ain't No Sunshine" is like this?

slang is used by all races of people and not just by americans i dont think. im sure in the UK they have their own slang words too, and even in different areas of the USA you'll find different slang spoken.

ain't can mean 2 things:

there isn't (is not) - Aint No Sunshine would be There isn't sunshine

or it can mean the same as aren't (are not). Girls Ain't Nothin But Trouble would be Girls aren't anything but trouble

Slang is a big threat against the world lol. Really, a lot of people dont want to learn to write in the right way because they think they are too "ghetto" and all... Slang has gone, from being something beautiful, to being a shortcut out of learning languages...

slang is used by all races of people and not just by americans i dont think. im sure in the UK they have their own slang words too, and even in different areas of the USA you'll find different slang spoken.

ain't can mean 2 things:

or it can mean the same as aren't (are not). Girls Ain't Nothin But Trouble would be Girls aren't anything but trouble

Yes I know that what you wrote about slang & thanks for the explanation of ain't.

wanna means want to & gonna means going to?

y'all means your (plular)?

I remember when my friend bought an original album by Beastie Boys with book inside with theirs lyrics. He wanted to show me a new words as they were a slang. He picked up "won't" & he thought that this is a slang:) Funny stuff.

Oh fo` `sho ma neezy. Funny thread , it`s of the hizzle, ya dig?

lol

I dig everything besides the first sentence.

slang is something u just have to pick up. It took me a while of watching american sitcoms before i learnt the slang and difference in language between us/uk. Even different areas in the uk have different slang, u just have to work it out.

I know it must be hard when english isnt your first language, because its a hard enough language as it is without all our made up words too lol.

Yes I know that what you wrote about slang & thanks for the explanation of ain't.

wanna means want to & gonna means going to?

y'all means your (plular)?

I remember when my friend bought an original album by Beastie Boys with book inside with theirs lyrics. He wanted to show me a new words as they were a slang. He picked up "won't" & he thought that this is a slang:) Funny stuff.

yeah you're right about wanna and gonna. y'all means you all, or you guys.

ain't can mean 2 things:

Lyric from song: 'I ain't got no more worries'. For me your explanation don't mach:( I think correct it should be: ' I don't have no more worries', yes?

Oh fo` `sho ma neezy. Funny thread , it`s of the hizzle, ya dig?

Nah ma' nizzle sha habizzle, ya dig? ;D

ain't can mean 2 things:

Lyric from song: 'I ain't got no more worries'. For me your explanation don't mach:( I think correct it should be: ' I don't have no more worries', yes?

yeah u got it.

Edited by WesSyde

i dont know man i'm not a fricken slang dictionary. i dont study slang i dont know all the meanings from one word. i dont think it has any more meanings than that but if u find another phrase with aint used in a different way then post it and i'll tell u what it means.

Ok. You live in California so I thought that ain't is used reguraly by US ppl.