JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

My Thoughts

No disrespect, but I think it`s bull****.. 3 years aint that less, look at the others ones like LL and Rakim etc. And they dont do that much as Will does next to the music. It think its aight the way it is..

:word: I agree, I'm happy with the way things are right now. Of course I'd like it if he made more music more often, but we have to understand that Will is a busy man. If you think about it, most artists that release albums every year are only doing music. Will also does movies as a career too. He also has a family to take care of and spend time with. He's also the head of Nelson Mandella's AIDS foundation too, so he's pretty busy all over the place. Personally, I think 3 years isn't too bad considering all the other things he's doing. Will has accomplished more than most artists these days, and I'm proud of what he does and has done. He works very hard in everything he does and he is on a higher level than most other celebrities, but some people don't realize that. Even tho it may seem like he's neglecting music, I think he still has great love for music, but for now he wants to work on other projects. He's working on that mixtape with Kel Spencer right now isn't he? So that shows that he still works for music too. I don't think we should all be complaining about this, because Will works very hard in everything he does, and like I said before, he has accomplished a lot more than most artists that are out these days.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I was a successful rapper and actor, I would take it turns, do a movie do an album do a movie do an album...I don't see how it's that hard to balance things out...I might mix it up a bit though, have 2 movies then release 2 albums...

i'm not mad at Will, he can do whatever he wants

i mean, he shouldn't expect his fans to support him when he hardly releases albums. while he's doin whatever he's doin, imma be listening to other artists and finding new music rather than listening to music he makes. i mean, damn, i just picked up my first Blackalicious album yesterday and that was hot! so i'm not gonna be lacking music if he decides to stop making it. i mean theres tons of great rappers out there and if he aint gonna put out any music then i'll just listen to someone else. i guess thats his choice.

I'm a fan of JJFP music first and foremost, but I can honostly say that I'm happy that we eveb got L&F. 10 years ago, I wouldn't have thought we would have got another album, let alone four more albums. So I consider each album a blessing, I'm not gonna bitch that it isn't enough.

• Admin

I'm a fan of JJFP music first and foremost, but I can honostly say that I'm happy that we eveb got L&F. 10 years ago, I wouldn't have thought we would have got another album, let alone four more albums. So I consider each album a blessing, I'm not gonna bitch that it isn't enough.

Yeah everything past code red is a bonus.. I still am not happy about Will switching off music for movies so quickly though after what he was saying about Lost & Found.. You don't "find yourself as a rapper" and then quickly put that guy back in the cupboard.. you keep bangin out those albums while the creativity is high and you got somethin to say!

Yeah everything past code red is a bonus.. I still am not happy about Will switching off music for movies so quickly though after what he was saying about Lost & Found.. You don't "find yourself as a rapper" and then quickly put that guy back in the cupboard.. you keep bangin out those albums while the creativity is high and you got somethin to say!

I know exactly! Hes so hypocritical of himself. He'll say one thing then do something else. Thats what I hate about Will. Hollywood drives him, not music anymore. Which is sad, i know all you guys say let him do what he wants but come on. Will has been my fav rapper for many years now and ive found lotta other great music but when i hear people diss Will, im sick of defending him. Will needs to keep releasing music to save his music career and keep it strong. I dont know guys, im just at a real disappointed state right now..

At least Jeff has a new album coming out (shame tho it aint a JJFP album!)

• Admin

Let's hope this new album he's working on will sell better then Lost & Found.

I dont think that compilation album is really happening at the moment.. Will said it himself hes too busy with movies now..

Of coure i want another JJ+FP album and more music from then all 2gether. Even tho' the album didn't do much past the 1st single, it's still a dope album. There are days when i'll listen 2 it from start 2 finish all day long. The album is dope and still hits me with the same fire it did the day it released. I look at things this way. He did the promoting, he put out 2 videos and he did some concerts. Once it waz clear that "Party Starter" wasn't getting support, there were 2 things he could have done. Make a rebound attempt with another single/video (whatever happened 2 the "Switch (Reggae Remix)" video?) But he went witht the other option...abandon the sinking success of the album and make big movies with another movie...which will lead 2 more success and exposure.

FP will always be an emcee 1st. It's just in his nature. And he's got that compilation in the works. It may not be the way most of us want it...but let's be happy 4 what we do have an what is on the way.