JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

My Thoughts

Man, my life has been increasingly busy the last 6 months are so. I apologize for not maintaining my "regular" status. I'm so busy and I don't come here much as I'd like to. Thats also cause nothings new but then if I don't come, I'd miss out.

Since I couldnt do the podcast, heres my thoughts.

I'm disappointed. Simply put. Will says over and over hes an emcee first, but hes not. The actor has clearly taken over him. And has had a lock on him big time since 2000 or so. Its ridicouls an album every three years. Pathetic too. Why can't Will drop albums all the time. I dont care if its underground, I just want new material. It makes me more disappointed when I read from Will "I havent done music much lately". That clearly proves he knows hes not doing it and neglects to do it. Will doesnt need movies. He doesnt need to do them. Hes made so much money he can retire now and just make money off music. Jada always acts so its not like he'd go poor. Rappers dont last long, especially at 37, you have the rest of your life to act, why waste it now? I never will understand it. Jeff keeps nagging his tail too and if he really loves music, why does Jeff even need to bother to nag Will's tail? Think about it. I know I'm sounding so pessimistic and doubting FP but its true. At least Jeff is keepin it real. And how come theres no trax with Jeff. That kills me so much. Ugh...we'll never get a 6th full JJFP album.

Come on Will, cater to the real music fans and not the ones who just wanna see you be someone your not.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

Yeah its real disappointing.. I dont think we will ever see a jazzy jeff and fresh prince album again..and I think we'll be lucky to get a few more jjfp tracks for the rest of wills rap career.. He just shuts off from the music too easily and then has to make this big comeback.. What I don't understand is why can't he just balance it out more.. he could easily film 2 movies a year (3 months each) record a new album (3 months for that) and have 3 months off.. There doesn't seem to be any planning or direction with Will's music career and in the long run thats ultimately hurting him.

The time he took off for lost & found 18 months or so? was definitely wasted..with 2 singles in a year, and no proper tour. I dont think theres any chance Will is gonna stop doing movies when hes the biggest movie star in the world and his last 5 movies have been huge hits each grossing over 100 million at the box office..BUT theres no need to neglect his music career because of the movies. In 1993 he did 6 degrees of seperation, filmed an entire season of fresh prince of Bel Air and released Code Red. So he can do it..

I don't think I'll ever understand why we don't get more jazzy jeff and fresh prince coming off Willennium.. If someone could explain the reason please do :hmm:

To be honest a guy of Wills star power in Hollywood need only be doing one film a year, to stay at the top. Even then it shouldnt be a problem to knock out and album every other year and do some proper shows.

Shame.

man, i totally feel what you're saying. i'm also very busy over the last whole year and i cant stand it to hear FP saying such things, but you know how it is. we, as real fans, dont get the attention from him, we actually deserve. he loves doing movies more than music, no matter what he said a long time ago. we have to live with that. hard but true :therain:

I'd have to agree with you guys, it's just sad that Will is working on 3 films and barley doing anything for us music fans. I mean I like his movies a lot, but music is difrent, you can't really explain it, but it is difrent. I'd just like another Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince album. We all need it, I don't get it. :shakehead:

hmm ok i agree that i would love more music from Will ,especially the tour he promised. When i heard tell me why wasnt being released that was the biggest blow. But after that i realised. We are gonna have to accept things the way they are. How many years have we been dissapointed and wanted more music. Its been forever.

And so ive decided to be happy with what we get. Ok i want more music but i think i cant enjoy what he does in the movie world bcoz i resent him doing that over music.

We cant blame Will, why would he do something which no-one but us cares about over something which he gains much respect from every1. I know Will isnt gonna give up music, but ive given up on him having a platinum album. Record companies are idiots and they always will be. Im just gonna hold on to him maybe doing a tour and another album that has the quality of lost and found.

so there u go miss optimist lost hope, i think every1 should accept it and enjoy what Will does.

:word: To Jim, I couldn't say it better myself, at this point Will is in a confortable financial position as one of the richest men in America already, if he really loved music as much as he said he does he could do it more often and he'd get the recognition he deserves, if he really worried about his image he'd release the right singles when he wants to, he hasn't been that hands on with his music career like he should be, he could've kept the momentum from high sales on "Big Willie Style" up if he got the proper singles for "Willenium" and the other albums after that to come out, simply put he doesn't make it any easier for himself just doing a bunch of blockbuster films and releasing an occasional album is making him look like a sellout, he can't expect to get a lot of props for his music if he don't tour at all in the last 20 years, he ain't giving the fans what they want, and he's more respected as an actor 'cause he puts out movies every year, if he put out movies every 3 years he wouldn't be a popular actor anymore right? But when it comes to his music fans they have to wait and that's why his popularity has declined, fans are impatient, even us hardcore fans of him are feelin' alienated, I don't wanna hear that bs about how he got a family that's why he can't tour either, a lot of the artists have kids and they still have time to tour, maybe us fans set the expectations too high though, a lot of rappers are going to movies and are dropping less albums though so Will ain't the only doing this, it's frustrating though I feel you, but at this point I don't even care anymore and I'm happy with whatever comes out, I have more things in my life to worry about than my favorite rapper releasing an album....

Edited by bigted

Well you're right about that 'cause LL does as much movies as Will does, in fact he signed a contract to do 9 films so who knows it might be awhile until we get an album after he releases "Todd Smith", Rakim hasn't really released an album in 7 years either just like Slick Rick, Heavy D, Big Daddy Kane Queen Latifah and others who haven't released anything longer than that, JJFP released 5 albums in 7 years and had a lot of success, if you look at who's popular now, you see that they release albums at about that same pace, it's kind of hard to do at this point for Will to do 'cause he's not in the prime of his music career anymore being more focused on films, like Kev said though he could release less films now if he wanted 'cause he's really popular there and could do only one film a year and spend more time to tour and record, I don't mind if he does films but it's upsetting that his film career overshadowed his music career, he needs more balance so that he'll be having equal respect and popularity at music and movies, but no matter what though you can't expect ol' school artists to carry hip-hop forever, it's a young man's game, you could do movies when you're older...

Edited by bigted

Ok, i want more music like everybody...but...i wont blame Will cuz he doesnt do wat i want, so if he wants movies...he does movies...if he decides to make more music...thanks god!..but i wont get mad cuz of dat

• Admin

Hey if you're new fans the new music thing might not bother you.. but 1 jazzy jeff and fresh prince track in 7 years doesnt quite cut it..and only 2 albums in that time is disappointing.. Will could easily release an album every year..and he should! he can still focus on the movies..bang them out..but when he's not filming get straight back into the music and record another album!

Well i never put my hopes on a new JJFP album...cuz im realist, i mean come on u're intelligent ppl too...cus very hard to make one dis days...for one reason JJFP changed to WS & JJ rite?

Edited by Luigie