JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

My Thoughts

Man, my life has been increasingly busy the last 6 months are so. I apologize for not maintaining my "regular" status. I'm so busy and I don't come here much as I'd like to. Thats also cause nothings new but then if I don't come, I'd miss out.

Since I couldnt do the podcast, heres my thoughts.

I'm disappointed. Simply put. Will says over and over hes an emcee first, but hes not. The actor has clearly taken over him. And has had a lock on him big time since 2000 or so. Its ridicouls an album every three years. Pathetic too. Why can't Will drop albums all the time. I dont care if its underground, I just want new material. It makes me more disappointed when I read from Will "I havent done music much lately". That clearly proves he knows hes not doing it and neglects to do it. Will doesnt need movies. He doesnt need to do them. Hes made so much money he can retire now and just make money off music. Jada always acts so its not like he'd go poor. Rappers dont last long, especially at 37, you have the rest of your life to act, why waste it now? I never will understand it. Jeff keeps nagging his tail too and if he really loves music, why does Jeff even need to bother to nag Will's tail? Think about it. I know I'm sounding so pessimistic and doubting FP but its true. At least Jeff is keepin it real. And how come theres no trax with Jeff. That kills me so much. Ugh...we'll never get a 6th full JJFP album.

Come on Will, cater to the real music fans and not the ones who just wanna see you be someone your not.

I definitely agree u! Ur right with that and I'm thinkin' all the same for a few years, too!

That's just strange and very disappointing...

@Hero1:

Yes, ur also right, Will can do it if he just wants to but I dunno what's exactly going wrong there...

• 10 months later...
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know, i think he didnt put enough effort on making it happen, i mean, in lost and found he had all the tools to make it the best album he ever made and i think it was, but he didnt promote a lot of its songs. I dont know if u have listen, but britney promotes at least 5 songs of each record, and Mariah emancipation has like 7 videos? Its pretty dissapointing the way Will didnt even try hard enough

Yeah its real disappointing.. I dont think we will ever see a jazzy jeff and fresh prince album again..and I think we'll be lucky to get a few more jjfp tracks for the rest of wills rap career.. He just shuts off from the music too easily and then has to make this big comeback.. What I don't understand is why can't he just balance it out more.. he could easily film 2 movies a year (3 months each) record a new album (3 months for that) and have 3 months off.. There doesn't seem to be any planning or direction with Will's music career and in the long run thats ultimately hurting him.

The time he took off for lost & found 18 months or so? was definitely wasted..with 2 singles in a year, and no proper tour. I dont think theres any chance Will is gonna stop doing movies when hes the biggest movie star in the world and his last 5 movies have been huge hits each grossing over 100 million at the box office..BUT theres no need to neglect his music career because of the movies. In 1993 he did 6 degrees of seperation, filmed an entire season of fresh prince of Bel Air and released Code Red. So he can do it..

I don't think I'll ever understand why we don't get more jazzy jeff and fresh prince coming off Willennium.. If someone could explain the reason please do :hmm:

Yea' agree u!

It's sooooo disappointin', whenever I think of Will, hear the name Will or listen to an album by Will I remember that!

I always remember because I know that it's killing me so much but there's nothing we can do...

He's one of the best actors in da world and selling so much of his movies, making so much money with it, he won't easily stop that and that's why he keeps going on with it and not startin' 2 make some music... =(