JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will Smith, Chuck D and Ice-T are GODS ON THE MIC

NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--July 20, 2004--There's a God on the Mic. From Grandmaster Caz to Queen Latifah, the 'emcee' has become an 'MC' and an art unto itself! Kool Mo Dee has been an instrumental architect in this medium offering significant contributions to the world of Hip Hop and Rap as an artist and an author. These unparalleled contributions have lent themselves to his book There's a God on the Mic (Thunders Mouth Press), released in November of 2003. As an author, Mo has taken the art form out of the realm of personal taste. The book, which rates the top 50 MC's from Chuck D to Lil' Kim, Will Smith to Nas, definitively grades the Hip Hop artist by rating each MC in 17 categories based on a point system from 0-100. The categories range from originality and versatility to battle skills and social impact. There's a God on the Mic truly shows who, through the eyes of Mo himself, truly are "Gods on the Mic."

Executive Producer Kelly Crean of CREANSPEAK Productions, LLC (Prey for Rock & Roll, WB's "Gagsters", "The Screaming Cocktail Hour") and Velvet Steamroller (2001 Maniacs), in collaboration with Kool Mo Dee, and acclaimed director and music producer Brett Nemeroff are breathing visual life to There's a God on the Mic with a revolutionary documentary.

The feature film will showcase every aspect of the MC from impromptu free styling to hardcore battles intertwined to intense roundtable discussions about pertinent Hip Hop issues from the perspective of today's hottest MC's and living Hip Hop legends. Hip Hop icons that have been filmed and are scheduled to participate include Will Smith, Chuck D, Big Daddy Kane, MC Lyte, Melle Mel, Ice-T, Heavy D, GZA The Genius, Doug E. Fresh, KRS-One, Special K, DJ Premiere, Grandmaster Caz, Treacherous Three, Rah Digga, Jin, Cassidy, Common, Fat Joe, Fabolous and Q-Tip.

There's a God on the Mic focuses on the primary function of the MC by breaking down the 17 different elements that round out an individual performer's style. The documentary examines the particulars of the artist's lifestyles and environments in order to paint a vivid picture about what it takes to make the artist's consummate MC's. The film will chronicle the art form as it developed from humble beginnings into the musical institution it is today.

Production of the documentary will run from July 2004 through September 2004 in Hip Hop's nerve centers of New York, Atlanta, and Los Angeles. The feature will be released in the spring of 2005 to coincide with Black History Month.

For additional information, press inquiries or interview requests please call SNAP Public Relations: Amy McFarland at 917.797.9616 or 212.644.5020

Thanks for the info, that sounds great, I wanna see that! :werd: :dj:

Kool Moe Dee is one of the most intellegent minds in Hip-Hop. He's also extreemly under-rated (and i can say that by only owning his Greatest Hits album and his 1st album). I would love 2 see him clown 2day's record-selling fools and have all these wannabe thugs seeing the project and be like "hey, they are making fun of my hero." :roll: Kool Moe Dee is good friends with Will and he has given him props in the past. I can't wait 2 see the whole thing...but defintly whenever Will is stealing the spotlight. I think this could be a good way 2 promote talented overlooked emcees and show just how igornant many popular rappers are.