JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Daunte Culpepper to the Raiders?

Vipa

Daunte has publically expressed that he wants to be traded. tThe Vikings want to Trade him before Free Agency starts tomorrow..

Currently, It's being rumored that the Raiders offered Doug Gabriel + 2nd Rounder, for Culpepper and a 6th Rounder. Vikings are apparently interested, but hearing other offers as well. I Expect him to be traded withing the next 4 hours.

• Members

:iagree:

Raiders are taking all da players!! First Randi Moss and now Culpepper!!! :chuks:

Vikings are my team and I'll stand behind them all the way.....Hopefully Brad Johnson will take the team ALL THE WAY!!! :w00t:

Here is a current article I found about it:

Raiders might be first in line for Culpepper

Angry, injured QB wants out; Vikings appear to be working toward trade

Vikings quarterback Daunte Culpepper, who is recovering from knee surgery, asked the team to trade him or cut him.

Updated: 4:44 a.m. ET March 11, 2006

MINNEAPOLIS - One year ago, the Minnesota Vikings dismissed the damage Randy Moss’ departure might do to their offense because they had faith in Daunte Culpepper.

Now, an angry, injured Culpepper wants out, and the Vikings appear to be working toward giving their once-franchise quarterback his wish.

It’s yet another reminder of how quickly situations can change, and deteriorate, in the wild, tenuous world of professional sports.

The team wasn’t talking about it Friday, before the league’s free agency and trading period began at the stroke of midnight.

Culpepper, after providing pointed commentary on the subject in an e-mail sent to several media outlets two days earlier, didn’t respond to an interview request, either. But the NFL’s speculation factory was spitting out plenty of reports, citing anonymous league sources, that Culpepper would soon be dealt.

Oakland? Miami? Baltimore? St. Louis? Arizona?

Time will tell.

Entering the start of free agency, the Oakland Raiders and Miami Dolphins appeared to be the front-runner to acquire Culpepper.

According to ESPN, however, the Raiders are miffed with the Vikings' demand for a second-round draft pick and may walk away from the bidding.

Minnesota spokesman Bob Hagan said neither coach Brad Childress, vice president of football operations Rob Brzezinski or vice president of player personnel Fran Foley would comment on Culpepper’s status.

:thumbdown: