JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

"Switch" performed LIVE!

Before I start, Tim (hero1) is gonna hear the new Will Smith joint....hopefully its great...

-------------------------

200 Will Smith fans brave rain

July 19, 2004
ABOUT 200 people braved Sydney's wet weather tonight for the Australian premiere of big-budget film I, Robot.

Hollywood actor Will Smith was unperturbed by the rain, stopping to sign autographs along the red carpet at Sydney's Fox Studios.

After 20 minutes on the red carpet, Smith changed out of his suit and into jeans and sweater, taking to the stage and belting up four songs for loyal fans.

Smith sang crowd favourites Getting' Jiggy Wit' It and Men in Black before trying out his new single, Switch.

Earlier today the Oscar nominated actor told media he would spend the next few months working on his singing career.

"My single is coming out in six weeks so back to the music world for a bit," he said.

"Any time you try to do more than one thing successfully, the other things are always going to suffer so it is more about timing than it is about trying to sustain both at the same time because you really can't.

"Probably the next four or five months will be all music."

A host of Australian celebrities attended the premiere including television host Kerrianne Kennerley and up and coming actor Holly Brisley.

In the science fiction flick, which was directed by Australian Alex Proyas, Smith plays a Chicago police officer who uncovers a robot plot to take over the world.

--------------------
[url="http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5744,10185683%255E1702,00.html"]http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/commo...55E1702,00.html[/url]

[quote=DevilsJim89,Jul 19 2004, 03:22 PM]"Probably the next four or five months will be all music."[/quote]
Thats great news to hear!! Hopefully we'll get some decent promotion this time around!!

Tim if u hear the song, let us know how it is!! As if i need to ask!!!

Guest Prince
I like especially how he performed some crowd bangers/pleasers before he tried out his new single. If he goes about this just right, more people will be persuaded to buy his album when it drops.

[quote=Prince,Jul 19 2004, 12:59 PM]I like especially how he performed some crowd bangers/pleasers before he tried out his new single. If he goes about this just right, more people will be persuaded to buy his album when it drops.[/quote]
JJ & FP definatly are amongst the smartest people in rap music today. I think Will totally knows what do in terms of promotion and what not. By Christmas is a good time to release an album, save the summers for movies but winters for music. Code Red, Big Willie Style and Willenium all were released in the fall/winter. So hopefully this album will be a smash hit.

I bet this album will easely go platinum if everything goes according to plan.

[quote=DevilsJim89,Jul 19 2004, 04:10 PM][quote=Prince,Jul 19 2004, 12:59 PM] I like especially how he performed some crowd bangers/pleasers before he tried out his  new single.  If he goes about this just right, more people will be persuaded to buy his album when it drops.[/quote]
JJ & FP definatly are amongst the smartest people in rap music today. I think Will totally knows what do in terms of promotion and what not. By Christmas is a good time to release an album, save the summers for movies but winters for music. Code Red, Big Willie Style and Willenium all were released in the fall/winter. So hopefully this album will be a smash hit.

I bet this album will easely go platinum if everything goes according to plan. [/quote]
Damn right, I couldn't have said it any better than that! :werd: :thumb:

• Admin
SWITCH IS A CLUB BANGER!!! of course the song comes with a dance which is very kool.. when u switch! u change up the moves of the dance... the beat hits hard.. the 1st verse is about a women at a club.. i think the opening couple of lines is somethin abt a women danccin nekkid? prob got that wrong..but somethin funny like that... the remix of switch features elephant man.. anyway i give switch the 2 thumbs up

yes i cant wait to dance to that in the clubs, if there was anythin i could of wished 4 in a new Will song i think that would be it. Dancin is something every1 can relate to, coz i cant relate to aliens and cowboys and stuff lol.

and it sounds like a fun song which will be a sigh of relife after all this gangstar rap.