JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Signatures

thePrince

Don't want to seem like I'm just a grumpy, disgruntled old-head (because I am), but aren't some of you getting a bit too carried away with your signatures?

I mean, a few lines is fine. Not loads of lines filled with pointless trash (but to make things worse, having large fonts, sometimes in varying colours). If you want all this additional info, you have a profile to put it in. I don't want increasing amounts of my screen filled up with meaningless crap that I have no interest in. I note that it is generally the younger members of the forum that do this, so maybe it's just a growing-up stage.. I dunno. Maybe it's just me, but it's starting to get my goat :hmm: I have a big screen resolution, okay.. 1280 by 960. So when people like the_bigmac post two words, such as "go vote", yet the post still takes up almost the whole of my screen, I find myself questioning my own sanity.

This isn't the B2K board..... Everybody that was on the original WS board will know how things quickly got out of hand back then. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one that wants to see a repeat :hmm: :stickpoke:

Edited by thePrince

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I used to have a bigger one, and I changed it caus Tim said so. If this ones to big too, tell me and I`ll change it.

What I dont get, if some of you are bothered by big sigantures, like Tim also is when they are realy long, why dont you make a lower maximum of sings/letters? So that the users arent able to make big ones. That would stop it right away, wouldnt it.

Turntable, yours is discreet enough that I don't really notice it at all.

the_bigmac. Firstly, an old-head is somebody that's been down with a scene or whatever for a long time. In this case, I was referring to how long I've been visiting the community for - approaching 5 years. Secondly, this thread is basically directed at people like you, who have ridiculous signatures.

I mean, what is the point. Seriously. You might like your signature, and think it's clever, but I don't. I've attached a screenshot, to demonstrate how much of my screen your post took up (it's cropped from the top of the browser, to the bottom taskbar, and I took the liberty of scaling it down).

hmmm..if ya cant be respectful of others...then Hiero will taketh away...im not saying either way...but a real easy way to settle this is for Tim to not allow any signatures........so lets all be just a bit grown up and be respectful of others...

hey..i just wrote that in a circle.......ahhhh the simple things in life..

Edited by Chief

look im keepin it

Let the child get his way before he throws a tantrum :tantrum:

Edited by bart5