JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will: "I Haven't done much music of late..."

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The point that upsets me is that from that quote I get the impression that he's putting music on the backburner 'cause it ain't as popular as his movies but to be real a lot of that is his fault doing albums every 3 years you can't expect to sell 5 million each time, you have to release something in between if you're a music artist, even a lil' guest appearance in between would hold fans over, but doing nothing in music for 3 years and just films is not a good look for him Could you imagine 50 Cent or Kanye West taking a break for 3 years and being just as popular? He shouldn't complain about his albums sales if he don't put in the work.... Believe me I don't mind he does some movies but I think it'd be better though if he put a lil' more work into doing more shows with Jazzy Jeff/guest appearances in between then he could be as popular in his music just as his movies which he's worked so hard at over the last 15 years with no music tours but hey there are a lot of artists who came out the same time as JJFP that don't do much now but a lot of that though is not under their own power, they don't get record contracts so they can't release anything, but you can't say that for Will, he's in a position that most artists could only dream of at this point, doing a lot of movie projects after saying that your first love is music is what upsets us music fans Jazzy Jeff is probably the more credible artist from JJFP 'cause he's worked more to please the few fans he has, they don't have to wait forever to see him, Will's one of the richest men in America at this point so he could do whatever the **** he wants, if he wanted to do more music he could do it, it's not like he's a broke ol' school artist that can't afford to record....

Edited by bigted

Well You could say Will does more music than jazzy

You could say will releases more music than Jeff, but he doesn't 'do' more. I bet Jeff dj's/produces almost every single day, when was the last time you heard of Will rapping in public? months ago...

Yeah, so what? It all comes down on the release we get in our hands, aint it?

Will does more music than almost all of the Mc`s from his geneartion even tho he makes movies al the time.

it seems that jazzy and will ain't that tight anymore like they used to 'cause you figure with jeff's influence will'd wanna do music more often...

Well You could say Will does more music than jazzy

You could say will releases more music than Jeff, but he doesn't 'do' more. I bet Jeff dj's/produces almost every single day, when was the last time you heard of Will rapping in public? months ago...

Yeah, so what? It all comes down on the release we get in our hands, aint it?

Will and Jeff aren't really comparable... Jeff does what he want's everyday and it always involves music, be it touring or producing. Jeff is a dj, and he does that all the time - there's not often a release 'we get in our hands' for dj's, that's not what they do...

Yeah, and Will does what he want too. And in the moment he want to act more. And still he does quit allot of music..

Yeah, of course Will does what he wants to, but it's not always what he says he is. He say's he's all about music, but he doesn't exactly prove it very often... I wouldn't say he does quite a lot of music at all. He could do a whole lot more.

Anyone think that Will Smiths comments are just in contrast to the ratio of movies to albums.

We already know he is working on an album, so everyone just cool your jets.

Also, note that would everyone want another Big Willie every 12 months about how he gets no respect in the rap game? I dont think so. Otherwise he'd be a washed up rapper like how 50 raps about bullets, Eminem with parental/marital troubles.

Settle down Will has a Huge recording studio in his massive mobile movie bus.

Will will record songs even when hes making music!!!!!

erm i thought we knew that Will wasnt doing anything with music at the moment. Like dkny2kx said we know hes doing the album with all those great artists. I dont see why this surprises any1, i thought we knew all this. Im just used to Will doing about 4 movies to 1 album, as much as we dont like it we have to get used to it.

As much as it sucks Will is more popular in movies than music, if Lost and Found cant go platinum what can? hes never gonna get the record companies promoting him properly, i think hes making a smart move by keeping his name big in the movies and keeping us happy with a few dope albums now and again.

Ive been dissapointed too many times, ive learnt never get your hopes up, then anything that comes along is a bonus.

Honestly if he just did more performances, guest appearances, radio interviews in between where he drops an occasional freestyle I wouldn't mind if it took him 3 years to come up with another album but just seeing him just doing a bunch of things film related and nothing music related is what's puzzling coming from somebody who loves music, but hopefully he works on balancing it out properly so he won't let down his music fans so much... If Will was concerned with his sales he could've made sure that it wouldn't take so long for "Party Starter" to come out, you can't expect the album to sell so much milking the weakest track, maybe if he done a few more shows and actually performed album cuts instead of greatest hits that'd help sales too, there's things he could've done where it'd help that album make a strong impact, I bet if he releases the singles himself it'd do better than just sitting back waiting for Interscope to do so, he has the star power to do that if he really wanted to, if Kanye West puts money out of his own pockets to distribute videos, why can't Will? btw, He wouldn't have had to look for a label in the 1st place if he didn't go shoot a film a month after he dropped "Born To Reign", that'd even had gone platinum if he put in a lil' more effort in the promotion of the album, then again looking back at that it'd been best to delay that album a lil' bit and just release "Black Suits Comin" as a single for the soundtrack then release the album a lil' after shooting "Bad Boys II" where he'd have time to go out and promote it, just the lil' things he could do in between that'd help his image as a music artist...

Edited by bigted