JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

I, Robot, What did ya think?

Silver Tiger

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I loved the movie. It waz definitly something different and very creative. No other movie like this one...4 sure. I think the beginning waz a lil' slow at times but not in a way that's not 4giveable. Once it picks up, it doesnt' stop. All of the people i saw it with enjoyed it and the theaters were packed. Anothing thing tho'....Will dose have alot of one-liners and there isn't alot of room 4 him 2 have much of a character. However, i may feel this way only cuz i've been such a big fan 4 such a long time that i can't help but just see Will playing a part rather than a totally different character. MIIB had the same problem...no real character developent. I'm also not sure how 2 take the end. Me and my friends agreed that it waz just a closing scene 2 leave things open 4 a sequel...but we talked 4ever trying 2 see if we could come up with some kinda meaning behind it.

I'm definitly gonna see this movie again. I've already talked 2 some people who are interested in seeing it soon.

Just came back from the theaters. I thought the movie was great. The story was even better than I expected. It was intelligent and the pace kept the action within arms reach of the mystery. I can't say how glad I was though that there were quite a few humorous moments in the movie. I like my action/mystery with a little comedy. I think that the ending scene might leave a door for a sequal. [b]The following may be, and probably is, a spoiler. Those who have not seen the movie would do well to avert their eyes.[/b]
[font="Times"]I definitely knew that viki was the main baddie. I saw something vaguely similar in the Universal Soldier sequal. Anyway, I have a half baked thought that the end scene shows just how evolved the robot has become by not only having emotions, but making a mistake in thinking Will was the one on that hill instead of himself. However that is all speculation.[/font]

Other than The Passion Of The Christ, this movie was the best movie I've seen this year. It had it all - drama, comedy and action. I thought Will's performance was his best since Ali. The special effects were crazy!! I would definitely go and see this movie again!!

:thumb: :kool: :jig:

I don't think Will's performance here waz anything out of the usual. ALI waz a real performance...The Legend of Bagger Vance waz a real performance. Enemy of The State waz a decent performance. But i don't think Will's character had much in the script 2 really perform. He just came off as a less funny Will Smith character 2 me. I think he had 2 many 1-liners which were often funny and delievered well...but it wazn't anything that showed of his skillz. That's my only real pet peeve with the movie. Who knows, i'm gonna see it again sometime this week so we'll see how i feel then.

• Members
I definetly liked it. I went in very skeptical after seeing a series of mediocre reviews for the flick, but I ended up being pleasantly suprised.

I guess having decreased expectations isn't such a bad thing. This is a complete reveral from my feelings at this time last year, when Bad Boys 2 fell tremendously short under the weight of 8 years of expectations.

I really liked the movie and there were a bunch of ten year old kids that whistled when the leading lady was in the shower.(i forgot her name)

kids :dunno: :dunno:

but the movie was mad nice anyway!!!!!! I saw the first viewing at the theatere!!!!

but the leading lady's acting was real emotionless!!!

I also loved the movie and am going to see it again today! The action was amazing and the twist at the end got me. The acting by Bridgette(the lead actress) was emotionless but i think it was suppose to be. Being that she worked with robots all the time she was almost robot like. She had little emotion but like I said I think it was appropriate for her charecture.

• Admin
i just got back from seeing i robot again..and i must say it was so much better the 2nd time.. the 1st time i saw it so much went right over my head..but this time i was really able to take everything in..i wasnt thinking what was happening next or trying to figure it all out..i could just appreciate everything..i think it is absolutely brilliant!! i loved wills performance..what was so great was will really had this intensity..and you were just drawn into this really tough character..and glued to the screen..sonny was brilliant.. when they were about to kill him u really felt the emotion..thats how much they brough him to life on screen..so yeah i loved this movie..and u gotta atleast go see it twice!! :werd: :bowdown: :thumb:

[quote=Hero1,Jul 22 2004, 07:13 AM]i just got back from seeing i robot again..and i must say it was so much better the 2nd time.. the 1st time i saw it so much went right over my head..but this time i was really able to take everything in..i wasnt thinking what was happening next or trying to figure it all out..i could just appreciate everything..i think it is absolutely brilliant!! i loved wills performance..what was so great was will really had this intensity..and you were just drawn into this really tough character..and glued to the screen..sonny was brilliant.. when they were about to kill him u really felt the emotion..thats how much they brough him to life on screen..so yeah i loved this movie..and u gotta atleast go see it twice!! :werd: :bowdown: :thumb:[/quote]
That's [b]so[/b] true. The movie waz brilliant...just brilliant...I'm speechless. I might sound biased cuz I just came back from seeing it...but damn, it's just incredible. The detail and emotion of the robots, especially Sonny, is just unbelievable. There's a perfect blend of action + suspense...everything just 'clicks'. I do agree that Will didn't really have a different character or anything, but man, when things get intense...he really shows it and just makes the movie even better. Sorry if I'm not makin much sense...that movie just amazed me. It waz all that and more. :bowdown:

:night:

• 3 weeks later...
Ive just seen I,Robot and it was amazing!!! it had the right amount of everything, storyline, action, humour. I dont normally like films where u have to think a lot but i liked this one. And just so u know the Europeans see no more of Will than the americans did lol.

Wills performance was great too, he still had his "Will Smith thing" with his one liners but he also went a bit further with the character. I thought he was great in the scene about what happened to make him cautious of robots.

!!!!!!!!!!!***SPOLIER*****!!!!!!!!!!!!
when Will had a fight with the robot and it showed his arm i was like ,oh no Will is a robot, but im glad he wasnt all robot lol.

The only thing that spoiled it was some stupid kids at the fron that talked all the way through, i had to shush them really loud, but they carried on. One of their phones rang too and they answered it and had a conversation!!!!!

Im definalty gonna see it again, with out some dumb kids. :thumb:

• Members
Watched it last night and thought film was amazing. Bit of a cheesy ending but apart from that I loved it. I dunno about other people but I thought Will's acting was great, he really came off prejudice towards the robots at times.

On a side note, anyone notice how big hes got??? I know he bulked up for Ali but he is even bigger in this lol. No way hes just 200 lbs :hsnono: