JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Vets on Wills compilation album?

Lerkot

I was just thinking... Will respect and shows love for a lot of old-school cats.. maybe he should try to collaborate with them before they get too old. The compilation album he's making could be like a future meets the past-thing. It would be really cool if he brought in Caz, Flash and Mel to do some stuff.. I mean, I think they got some kind of respect for Will 2, and they might need money..

Have Will ever collaborated with any of his old favorites on tracks that wasnt released or so? Anyone know?

When i found out about the compilation album he's throwing 2gether, i was also told that he's trying 2 change the game in his own way. Here is a bit of the conversation i had with the source last month (slightly edited by the way)...

-------------------------------------------------------------------

JumpinJack AJ: i mean, is it a mixtape? Hip-Hop compilation? etc?

xxSOURCExx: Nah, an official album

xxSOURCExx: There will be hip hop artists

xxSOURCExx: Reggae artists

xxSOURCExx: R&B singers

xxSOURCExx: The whole nine but it's an attempt to get rid of the garbage that's out there

xxSOURCExx: The whole project will have one central positive but still edgy theme...

JumpinJack AJ: yeah, i'm all about that. I HATE what's on the radio. It's like Hip-Hop is my 1st love...but on the mainstream front, there basicly zero talent. And i don't keep my ear 2 heavily 2 the underground that much anymore

xxSOURCExx: I feel you, dawg. I'm sick of it myself.

------------------------------------------------

FP has strong ties 2 the golden age of Hip-Hop. Stronger than his ties 2 the popular mainstream stuff. I'm guessing it's safe 2 say we'll get a mixture of old and new. However, i don't know what the chances are that he'd take it far back as Grandmaster Flash and so on.

I don't know of 2 many colaboz that haven't gotten released. I know there waz a track with Jeff he did called "Keep It Real" for Big Willie Style that never got released...which waz apparently one of the best trax done 4 the CD. I don't consider Wyclef or Warren G old school. Of course Kwame produced other stuff for FP's current album. He's at least from the 80's.

When i found out about the compilation album he's throwing 2gether, i was also told that he's trying 2 change the game in his own way. Here is a bit of the conversation i had with the source last month (slightly edited by the way)...

-------------------------------------------------------------------

JumpinJack AJ: i mean, is it a mixtape? Hip-Hop compilation? etc?

xxSOURCExx: Nah, an official album

xxSOURCExx: There will be hip hop artists

xxSOURCExx: Reggae artists

xxSOURCExx: R&B singers

xxSOURCExx: The whole nine but it's an attempt to get rid of the garbage that's out there

xxSOURCExx: The whole project will have one central positive but still edgy theme...

JumpinJack AJ: yeah, i'm all about that. I HATE what's on the radio. It's like Hip-Hop is my 1st love...but on the mainstream front, there basicly zero talent. And i don't keep my ear 2 heavily 2 the underground that much anymore

xxSOURCExx: I feel you, dawg. I'm sick of it myself.

------------------------------------------------

FP has strong ties 2 the golden age of Hip-Hop. Stronger than his ties 2 the popular mainstream stuff. I'm guessing it's safe 2 say we'll get a mixture of old and new. However, i don't know what the chances are that he'd take it far back as Grandmaster Flash and so on.

I don't know of 2 many colaboz that haven't gotten released. I know there waz a track with Jeff he did called "Keep It Real" for Big Willie Style that never got released...which waz apparently one of the best trax done 4 the CD. I don't consider Wyclef or Warren G old school. Of course Kwame produced other stuff for FP's current album. He's at least from the 80's.

Interestin'

I believe that he will record a track for it, but i don't know if it'll be more than one. He'll probably hand pick a few people...and then put out a big invitation 2 see who all is interested in being a part of the project, and go from there. Wouldn't it be dope if this is what would finally bring FP and LL 2gether on a track.