JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

BLACK EYED PEAS - LET'S GET IT STARTED

Ha ha....HECK 2 the YES!!!! "Let's Get Retarded" from Black Eyed Peas is my favorite song on their current. And as funny as it sounds, there's some personal stuff i have tied 2 that song from last summer.

I heard that re-recorded version "Let's Get It Started" on the radio and saw the single on the internet, but didn't expect a video. I just saw (on VH-1 i think). It's crazy...everything u would expect from the Black Eyed Peas. Some of the special efx from "Jointz-N-Jams" (their 1st single from 1998) are re-used in it. It's just crazy hype and really funny. Watch 4 the video whether u like BEP or not!!

I like them making another version. Using that word can be takin' kinda offensively so i think the lyric change waz very appropriate. Dope song either way. And i don't know if it's just me, but there's a extra few sounds in the production here and there. Dope song either way and the video is insane!!

It could only be taken offensively if we get all serious about it and actually question if they were tryin 2 be offensive or not. Then we would create a huge deal over nothing and result in a huge debate whether that word should be considered offensive. Sound familiar? It's kinda like what they did with Sharkslayer being switched 2 Shark Tale cuz people would get "offended". Please...

HOWEVER, I didn't notice the few extra sounds in the other version. That's cool.

I look at it this way...one time i didn't like something and said it was gay. My friend who is gay got really offended and said that "your are associating what i am with something bad." Yes, i think he waz being over sensetive since i've known him for about 5 to 6 years...but i know where he waz coming from. The same thing kinda goes for the word "retarded." I think it's more than just politically correct 2 say something like handicapped or disabled. I have no room 2 really talk tho' cuz me and my one friend used 2 only refer 2 each other by that word.

• Admin
well when bep were in oz.. they said they would never change the title of that track when its released..but the record company obviously got 2 em.. they actually say in the song this isnt to offend any1