JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Bow Wow speaks on the Will Smith situation

Frenetic

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bow Wow's right that his music is nothing like Will's, he makes music for lil' girls and Will makes music for all ages and genders, he better slow down comparing himself to LL though, he don't want beef with him, lol, but at least he said that he respects Will for what he's done and that's all that matters and that's all we wanted, we don't want him to trash a legendary mc, he probably saw all the negative comments about him so hopefully he grows up now, thanks for sharing with us, now we could let him live, lol...

Edited by bigted

Nobody'll compare him to a younger LL Cool J, that's disrespectful, come on what kind of crap is that?!!! comparing 'Bounce Wit Me' To 'I Can't Live Without My Radio' is a complete joke, LL wrote 'I Can't Live With My Radio' but Bow Wow didn't write 'Bounce Wit Me' :rofl: :hmm: :willvspaparazzi: Let's see when Will was Bow Wow's age he won the 1st rap Grammy, how many Grammies has Bow Wow been nominated for? He needs to go back to school and keep legends name out of his mouth...

Edited by bigted

i think bow wow is just digging himself a bigger hole. It comes across to me as hes saying Will is a better actor than him, but not a better rapper. Hes braggin hes done 5 albums at his age but i couldnt name one of them. i could probably only name about 3 of his singles. His head has got way too big and thats really bad at his age.

Well now as long as him and Will got no beef it's all good, nobody who goes for hip-hop history goes by Bow Wow's interpretation of hip-hop so his opinion don't hold much weight, they're 2 different artists, Will caters to everyone, Bow Wow caters to lil' girls, I'm not a lil' girl so Bow Wow don't cater to me, I don't own any of his albums and I don't plan to either...But hey you could say that he definately is more advanced than Will acting at this young age 'cause Will didn't start acting yet even though Bow Wow's movies are basically worthless at this point anyway, once one of his albums flop though he won't be getting any cornball roles in films, they'll give that to another "hot" rapper.... But as far as rapping, there's no comparison, he thinks he's better than Will 'cause he's posin' as a wannabe gangsta in his songs but he's gonna be learnin' the hard way that people don't respect him for that, he don't know what being a real mc is... He's a lot worse than Will and he knows it but he won't say that publically 'cause that won't be good for his image, Will could care less if Bow Wow thinks he's better than Will, Will could cry all the way to the bank with $20 mill from acting and go home to his palace with all the platinum plaques on his wall and his beautiful fam waiting for him while Bow Wow's down to his last of his fifteen minutes, he better save up 'cause he's down to his last meal in entetainment... Hopefully this is one of the last times we talk about him on this board 'cause he's a worthless artist, he's online to being the next 50 Cent, he'll never be the next Will Smith or LL Cool J, his career'll be dead in a few years just like 50's, he won't be big in acting or rapping, he'll be forgotten...

Edited by bigted

"Lot of people just look at it like, you know tattoos, jewelry and those are just fads. It’s much deeper than that" - That's an awful statement. To think even that can be consider to be a definition of an MC. Even a bad one.

Him and his whole crop of dumb posses don't get it. How can he even say he's like LL? "Oh, well the ladies love me". Come on. He's not even in the same league, little leaguers even as Ice Cube or Ice T. Bow Wow, look at your atmsophere, and take note of your attitude, and what you rap about. You don't come close.

I realize everybody is going to be ignorant at something but that was a bit much.

bigted - "He's a lot worse than Will" ... I know that's not what you truly meant, but you made it sound like Will is in fact bad.

fairly reasonable for him to clear the situation up without anymore dissing, gotta give him a little respect for that. He obviously now knows he made a mistake and if he's admitting to it then you gotta give him props, now he's just gotta think about not making that mistake in the future.

The only Bow Wow track I ever heard was 'Stick Up' on one of Will's movie soundtracks, which was listenable, but if he didn't write it then it's disposable...

:kekeke: See if I said that in an interview people'd think I dissed Will but nah I was saying that he ain't even close to touchin' Will's mic...

Bow Wow is clearly trying to be someone he's not. He's trying to be an important figure and have a say in everything. He knows he got a lot of heat for what he said about Will and hes trying to take it back *but at the same time* hes going with it. I think hes being cocky as someone said, yeah okay Bow Wow - 5th album? How many real albums tho? The ones at 13 years old dont really count. Hes still saying Will Smith isnt an important rapper, this dude is wack. And how dare him even compare himself to LL. Hes not in the same league, or ever will be. Hes comparable to Nick Cannon.

When I think of Bow Wow, all I can hear in my mind is "bow wow wow yippy yo yippy yay", and it pains me dammit! How he could have recorded something like that, yet still take himself seriously, just defies me.

I agree with you guys when you say that he's trying to be somebody he isn't. Seems to me he's spent too much time idolising people like 50. :hmm:

Now if hip-hop don't work out for Nick Cannon, I could see him having a solid career with acting/comedy 'cause that young brotha got talent, can't front on it, I'm not that offended if you compare certains things of him to a young FP 'cause he got potential, but Bow Wow's garbage all the way around, he knows it too, he's just trying to hype himself up to see how long people'll be stupid enough to buy his album, somebody gotta tell him that you can't be a real mc if you don't write any of your lyrics, if I was interviewing him I'd brought that up, what a joke!!! How could you be stepping up in your lyric game if you only write a part of 2 songs on an album??!! He said many times that he didn't write anything on his first couple albums so they shouldn't even count, by the time LL was 18 he wrote classics that the hip-hop world are still singing today... I saw allhiphop.com doing a feature on Britney's husband too, they shouldn't be promoting that crap, they should be doing articles on mcs that matter not these gimmicks if they represent true hip-hop, they hype all of this beef crap too, that's what wrong with the rap game right now, the media sucks!!! Shame on anybody who buys Bow Wow's crap, that's the last time I wanna even discuss this fool!! :paperbag: ...

Edited by bigted