JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Bow Wow speaks on the Will Smith situation

Frenetic

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly, Will didn't necessarily diss Bow Wow in that quote either compared to the junk Bow Wow was saying in that AllHipHop Interview, Will handled it with class, I'd said something more harsh than that, Will was just speaking the truth, but that lil' punk said: "Me and Will are cool now but I think his music is bubblegum, not his movies though, I kill him on the mic but in the movies is what he's great at, I respect him for that, but not music, I ain't trying to be put in the same sentence as Will, my music is better.", is that really an apology from Bow Wow? How'd you feel if somebody called you soft for 20 years when you don't start beef with anybody? Wouldn't you feel like answering back? Come on now? No matter how much money or fame somebody has, they always have to protect their pride, they can't just let people walk on them and get away with it: "This is warning shot over the bout, truth be told this ain't my style, there's certain stuff a man can't allow, don't bark yourself up a tree you can't get down, people dissin' Will sat on a wall, people dissin' Will had a great fall, all the kings horses and all the kings men, could never put their career together again" :willvspaparazzi:

Edited by bigted

It's always great to read the AHH community totally loving and giving props to Will, makes my day... over 95% of people totally respect Will. A lot of people write about him like he's an absolute legend (which we know he is) but it's always cool to see it on other sites... :hail:

Johnny post a link man I wanna see it!!!!! I think somebody like Vipa should blend together some of Will's lines to haters and make it like the ultimate diss song...

Edited by bigted

Johnny post a link man I wanna see it!!!!! I think somebody like Vipa should blend together some of Will's lines to haters and make it like the ultimate diss song...

This is the AHH thread... some major respect for FP here...

Oh yeah, someone posted a link to Da Ace's diss track, people are liking it...

EDIT, haha forgot the link! lol

http://community.allhiphop.com/showthread.php?t=207564

You don't remember that Will responded to Eminem years ago? He originally said in an interview that he wouldn't pay any attention to Em 'cause his career'll end in 5 years, he made a joke about him too I think while he was laughing Em off, he didn't really take that diss seriously 'cause Em disses everybody but it was the fans and the media who'd poke at Will from what Em said and Will needed to respond to them more than Em 5 years later they were still talking about Eminem so it was time for Will to make a song about it not to start beef with Em but to put the criticism of being a soft rapper to rest just 'cause he's sparred Em's career people shouldn't think he's soft, he also referred others like Wendy Williams and Larry Elder who called Will soft 'cause he wanted to send them and everybody a message, obviously Bow Wow didn't wanna hear it, if "Mr. Nice Guy" got heavy airplay on the radio Bow Wow wouldn't diss Will, somebody needs to buy this lil' punk a copy of "Lost and Found", if he heard it he wouldn't open his mouth 'cause it's better than anything he could dream of having his ghostwriters come up for him, lol... "Mr. Nice Guy" was more than anything for his image, no matter how much money or fame an mc has they have to protect their rep, this is hip-hop, you can't let somebody smash your pride, for Will to mention Em in his song shows that he respects his career 'cause if Em lost his fame in those 5 years, Will wouldn't consider responding...

I don't see Will doing a song about Bow Wow either unless Bow Wow makes something significant, but I hope that it motivates Will to comeback recording more often so none of these kiddies coming up'll consider dissin' Will's mc skills... Basically that statement in that interview is similar to what he said about Eminem in an interview years ago, I don't think this'll go any further, Bow Wow's gonna fall off now so we won't see Will making songs about the lil' pup, doing bubblegum songs won't be able to have a long career, you could see too the overwhelming response favoring Will's statements but when Will laughed off Eminem the response was sorta divided, there was a lot of people who defended Eminem 'cause they respect his skills, basically Bow Wow only has lil' girls drooling over him but the average hip-hop head pays his skills no mind, there's a difference, Eminem is Rakim compared to Bow Wow...Will respects Eminem though 'cause he writes his rhymes and he dropped a couple classic albums no matter how much you hate, despite all of his gimmicks in recent years his freestyle skills keeps his career alive, but what has Bow Wow done to win Will's respect? Even 50 Cent writes his rhymes and dropped some classic mixtapes, Bow Wow don't write his rhymes and nothing he's done is memorable...

Edited by bigted