JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Cam`ron Disses Jigga

Turntable

• Members

Well I could use another example, 50 Cent didn't call up the radio station to stop playing Game's songs even though Game dissed him, even that wack mc 50 got more integrity than that... The radio should be allowed to play any song that comes out, their shouldn't be any artist dictating what to play or not to play... If Jay got so much power why can't he call in and tell them to stop playing 50 Cent who only raps about negativity if he wants to set an example for hip-hop?...

now ted i DO NOT wanna start a beef with you but i just have a hard time figuring out why you would call a great mc like fifthy wack because he raps about violence(guess that makes snoop, ice cube, and every gangsta rapper wack in your eyes)wack when in another post you said a rapper would be real if he did him and raps about what he knows? Like you said cam's a hustler so he should rap abotu that but others like 50 shouldn't and it makes them wack?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well i think 50 got no flow, that's why he's wack in my eyes, he can't hold a mic to ice cube in my opinion, don't trip but that's how i feel... i think it's wack that they play 50 cent all day and they don't play will!! i don't mind if they play 50 a lil' bit but they should give pioneers like will and public enemy spins when they drop singles...

Guest Guest_lambertj3_*

well i think 50 got no flow, that's why he's wack in my eyes, he can't hold a mic to ice cube in my opinion, don't trip but that's how i feel... i think it's wack that they play 50 cent all day and they don't play will!! i don't mind if they play 50 a lil' bit but they should give pioneers like will and public enemy spins when they drop singles...

i agree with you on that one , because i think they are kind of playing 50 out and i am the biggest 50 fan on the board but he is getting a little too played. LESS 50 ON THE RADIO MORE WILL :kekeke:

Read up dawg. 50 cent stopped the game from releasing singles from documentary, all promotion was pulled in. Put you on the game vid was funded by game, radiostations didn't play it much at all.

Where did u hear the rumours about jay doing a diss? cause that seems far away. + him calling in radiostations is more close to the true cause obviously miss jones at 97 said it yesterday night.

As i said before... jay's a hustler/business man first. family man second, and rapper third.don't forget that.

camron tried to play with the big fellas... he got schooled.

check my previous posts for more. cause this discussion ain't gonna go anywere.it's gone end up with ted namedropping old school mc's with to connection to the topic as usual =)

well funkmaster flex said that last night that jay's working on a response to cam'ron and cam has 2 tracks besides that one ready to come out... i haven't been following that beef that closely but game was able to release 4 tracks off of the documentary and sold 2.5 million copies, maybe he mighta got messed up with his publishing or something behind the scenes by 50 though if he's complaining, 50's always running his mouth bout anybody so it's hard to call him a nice guy... game might thought his album was a dissapointment but that's more than what will got for lost and found, i'm wondering who's stopping his promotion, did will diss somebody or something? lol...

Edited by bigted

he never dissed 50 because if he did then he dissed BIG and Pac and Dre ok

:hmm:

:stars: Ok get this straight: Pac would spit on 50..I`m shure caus The Outlawz allready do, they are down with The Inc. and supporte Ja during the biggest time of the beef.

Dre is is just a producer. And 50 and Dre arent as cool as they used to be.. Dre got, like 50 says, caught up in that The Game projekt. And he kinda choose Games side..

Biggie woldnt give a **** about all of them, just like Puffy does. He would pull Bad Boy Records..

Will said that he's friends with 50 in an interview when he won his AMA:

EDIT again, lol, I wanna post this though so nobody asks me later how I know this:

"There's a lot of darkness in the world, and I'm committed with all the strength I got to bring the light. ... It's hard sometimes," Smith said of his positive hip-hop backstage. "When you're committing to something almost counter-culture, you can't find any support." Smith added that he recently befriended 50 Cent, who he beat out for the award, and doesn't consider 50's "brilliant" rapping to be darkness because it's honest. "The darkness I refer to are the guys who think they're doing what the top guys are doing. ... Somebody who's smacking girls on the ass and trying to get paid."

He also said on "I Wish I Made That" that 50 Cent, Jigga, Pac, and Biggie got skills a lot like LL, Chuck D, Slick Rick, and Doug E., which is a prop, he did diss black radio so maybe that's why they still don't play him, lol, he dissed Wendy Williams so he won't be on WBLS, I guess that's why he don't get airplay still, he wasn't really dissing he was just being honest and speaking the truth but I guess speaking up about it gets you blackballed, it's sad to see what the industry has turned into, Chuck D disses the rap industry all the time so that's why he don't get play either, you gotta kiss ass.... :thumbdown: You gotta realise that like he said in that quote Will's talking about those teenagers from the suburbs who talk gangsta instead of being educated, they're the ones who're "lost", Bow Wow fits this description, he probably heard "Pump Ya Brakes" and thought Will was talking about him... Will didn't diss Eminem on "Mr. Nice Guy" either, he just said that he felt hurt that Eminem dissed him 'cause he and Em were cool before that, Will was just referring to fake gangstas when he said what he said on MTV, Em took it personal though and said f you but he did it in a joking matter so Will didn't have to respond right away but he had to eventually just 'cause of the comment being somewhat disrespectful... Since Will's a husband and a father he was protecting his rep by saying something so I guess he did have to get it off his chest so that means Em was worth answering, and that he makes 20 million a film so he didn't lose sleep over it, but who knows though, maybe Eminem told Jimmy Iovine to delay "Party Starter" for 4 months, they don't call him "Slim Shady" for nothin', Will'll probably get dropped from Interscope but he could always bounce back though, he's not gonna stop doing what he loves even if he don't get the media props, he'll always get respect by those who appreciate real hip-hop...

btw, I think Game did the same thing that MC Hammer did back in the days, he put a lot of his homies on the payroll but I heard a lot of them are starting to diss him now too, so I guess that's why he's upset that his album didn't sell more 'cause he probably needs that budget now... Will doesn't say things to hurt people, he just tries to get people to step up their game when he criticises them in an intelligent matter, that's why he could crush many mcs 'cause not many have his intelligence, if Will battled Eminem for real and beat him many people'd take Em's side and continue to buy him more than Will just 'cause he got power on his label, sad but true, that's why Will don't play those games, it's not worth it, beef is wack 'cause the most intelligent mcs don't get the attention they deserve, the ones with the big budget label do, 50's only standing 'cause he got G Unit Records not 'cause he got the most skills of any mc, I'm sure even 50's fans wouldn't call him the G.O.A.T., he got some skills but not that much...

Edited by bigted

Ted//

Game dropped How We do, Dreams, and that Hate it or Love it while being cool with 50. At that point he sold 98% of his album sales.

Then Put You on the game dropped without promo and without a "real" video. By that time all promo for the documentary had been cancelled.

If Jay responds, I will have mixed feelings, most of all I will be pretty sad for him doing it this way, just giving Cam credibilty by responding, but then again... I'm sure if he drops a diss, Cam will have nothing to say, no matter how many washed out disses he's got under his belt.

Cause the first sing that usually is considered the "realest" diss was really, really, really weak.

Hey Frenetic wasn't 50 and Game dissin' each other right around the time Game released the 2nd single? Remember the altercation that happened at Hot 97's building nearly a year ago now? Around that time Game was a lil' bit over platinum after the 1st month so you could say about 50% of his sales(how fitting) were sold after him and 50 were beefin' from 50 guest appearances on "How We Do" and "Hate It Or Love It", damn I'm dreamin' of the day where Will is allowed to release 2 singles in the 1st month, lol, Game left G-Unit shortly after but still released "Dreams" and "Put You In The Game" through Interscope/Aftermath... If 50 really wanted to shut down Game he coulda done it before "Dreams" came out which was getting airplay everywhere when it came out, it really help Game sell the last million plus, the 4th single might of not had much support but most 4th singles flop anyway...

Now some might think that Will thinks all gangsta rap is wack but that's not true, he did say some things on his previous albums criticising gangsta rap, like when he said "nine trey everyone wanna be a gangsta/ buck buck buck buck but no more thanks to me" then later on he said "i had the strength to say gangsta rap was wack", he means that he doesn't like how 90% of hip-hop is perceived as gangsta rap, he wants more balance and also simply defending himself against critics who started callin' JJFP soft when they didn't do gangsta rap like Dre n Snoop did in '93 and then in the late 90s they called "Big Willie Style" soft when Eminem came in the game with his explicit raps, he don't have beef with them but it's just that the media pitted them against each other 'cause Will's fans have different tastes than Dre fans do, but hey Will had Dre do the score for Bad Boys II and had Snoop on "Pump Ya Brakes" so that should show people that he's cool with gangsta rap as an art but he feels it's been played out by the media 'cause there should be love for Will as much as Dre, they both made big impact on hip-hop in different ways... You should read the article that was posted on Will's site months ago, it said in it that "I Wish I Made That" was made as an expression of Will's love for explicit rap, he digs "Lean Back", "Drop It Like It's Hot" and "The Chronic" but he don't make those songs 'cause that ain't who he is, but he says with very much wit that if he did that he'd be ranked as high as the Jiggas and 50 Cents with constant airplay on black radio but he stays himself, he don't rap about shootouts 'cause he don't experience that...

All sides of hip-hop ain't getting airplay like the golden era, you'd have Public Enemy, JJFP, and Run-Dmc do a show together or have MC Hammer, Digital Underground, and NWA on the same song with peace but that ain't the case today, that's what makes gangsta rap wack 'cause it's played out, there's more to hip-hop than just guns, drugs, and sex, there's nothing wrong with rapping about it though if that's the reality of the 'hood but there's positive sides to the 'hood as well that also deserve attention, there should be an audience for Lil' Brother and G Unit... Like I find it disturbing when a few years ago cats at my high school I used to battle rapped about gats and crack when they got nice cars that their parents bought them for graduation presents, I rap from my heart though, they ain't livin' the hard knock life with a spoon in their mouth, they ain't homeless, they ain't livin' in the gutter like 50 Cent or Eminem did when they were growing up but they still try rappin' that way, that's the darkness Will talks about...

Edited by bigted

I'm about to post one of the rare things from willsmith.com that're actually good, this quote by Will basically describes it all, he don't have big name producers, get involved in immature beefs, or rap the same things everyone else does and that's why he ain't sellin' big numbers that Jay, Kanye, 50, and Game put up but he holds his ground being himself, this is definately something that Will doubters need to read 'cause they think that he's just a squeaky clean bubblegum rapper that hates anything gangsta but that's not the case, he's a real hip-hop head just like them:

I Wish I Made That discusses his love for parental advisory stickered hip hop, "I always envied how y'all rocked with Dre and The Chronic/ The way that 2pac, Biggie, 50 and Jigga got it." However, the song is also steadfast in expressing Will's resolve to forever do Will. Along the way he contemplates why his own innovations in moving the game forward-masterful comic timing, expanding rap's subject matter and pioneering new flows-have been continually neglected by urban radio. Rhymes Will, "Black radio/ They won't play me, though/ Ever since 'Summertime' they ain't like none of mine/ Even though the fans went out and bought enough/ I guess they think that Will ain't hard enough." "Songs like Lean Back and Drop It Like It's Hot-I love those records," he confesses, "but those kinds of songs don't come out of me."

Meanwhile, the potent title cut's constructive critiques of his beloved art form begins with Will Smith reciting Webster's definition of "original" over an arrangement of terse strings. He explains, "If you don't dress like everybody in all the other videos dresses, or your drums don't sound like everyone's, or your rhyme scheme isn't like everyone else's, you don't fit in according to the industry. So originality isn't necessarily nurtured. As far as defining it at the beginning of the record, I did that to say, let's clear up what originality means and figure out how that could be a bad thing."

"I'm a hip hop head from the old school, so I appreciate all kinds of hip hop. I just need it to just say something. I feel like N.W.A's first album and Biggie's first album should be used in psychology classes-they're such accurate, powerful depictions of the lifestyle. Such brilliant well thought out, well-defined, well-rounded albums. For my taste, I need records like those. They just have some intellectual base to it. I like fun records. I make fun records. But there just has to be a point to it."

"Why should I try to sound like y'all sound/ That's what's wrong with the rap game right now/ And it's like a circus with a bunch of clowns/ Wit a bunch of cliques I'd probably rhyme circles around," Big Will spits before giving props to some of his favorite musical peers, the ones whose music provides a remedy for the game's blahs. Amongst the roll call you can find Nas, Rakim and rap revolutionary Dead Prez.

No, Game dropped How We DO, Hate it or love it. then he beefed, they kissed and made up, game dropped dreams, they beefed again, dreams died out, put you on the game came out without promo.

Before him droppping Dreams, he had sold about 90%, when put you on the game dropped, he had sold about 98%.

50 tried to kill game even more by making dre not to produce his next album, that didn't succeed.