JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Cam`ron Disses Jigga

Turntable

Guest VAsFinestRenagade

that was a greatest hit album so wat else there was nutin new on it he knows his career is dead Ashanti needs to switch oer to a new label so that The Inc. can go under like it is Def Jam need to drop them off

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was referring to "R.U.L.E.", it went gold so if you say Ja Rule's career's dead, that's like saying Will's career's dead, The Inc. left Def Jam and are now at Atlantic Records, he's supposed to drop something this year... "New York, New York" is harder than anything 50's done in the last 3 years...

Edited by bigted

Ja lost some comeriual crowd by beefing with 50, but people forgot that by now, thts why it`s going up again. But Ja never lost his Street Followers..

But 50 lost most of them now, caus of his beef with fat Joe, Jadakiss and Nas..

Renegade:

50 may sell more than othe others, I cant front on that...50 `s still on top. BUT if you just look at the battle Traks, he got ripped. He wasnt able to top Ja`s "Warp Freestyle". And he came back on the disses of Fat Joe, Nas, Game and Jada with "Window Shopper" which is clearly bellow the level of they disstracks they made. Please, dont look at this as a 50 fan. Look objective at the batlle tracks..

Oha and yeah, Ja wasnt the only reaspn that new York was hard. But he was the only reason that the Songs "Last Of Mohicans","Gun Talk","R.U.L.E." etc where hard, on that album.

Edited by Turntable

Ja beat 50 Cent but nobody noticed 'cause Ja was poorly promoted, millions of people just jumped to say Ja was wack 'cause they were on the 50 bandwagon but they probably didn't even listen to the mixtapes where Ja ripped that crap out of 50, only the hip-hop heads would, not the casual pop fan that was riding 50 at the time, they just like 50 'cause of catchy songs like "In Da Club", they don't think he's a strong battle mc, they probably don't even pay attention to battle mcs and they're too dumb to realise that 50's trying to do the same exact thing that he dissed Ja for doing, they were shaking in the club to Ja the year before but now 50 comes and they think everything Ja did was wack while they shake to 50 now... 50 should not be a purist to call out somebody for singing in the chorus, sure Ja might sound corny sometimes doing it too but he won't knock another rapper for doing it, 50's a hypocrite all the way around ... btw, "New York, New York" wasn't a diss song towards 50 Cent, so it didn't make sense that 50'd diss Jadakiss and Fat Joe when they weren't dissin' him in the firstplace, everybody that does a song with Ja Rule shouldn't be dissed, maybe LL should be on Ja's next album so we could see 50 diss LL and then LL could finish him off, lol...

50 had all the hype so he outsold everyone, he's just the flavor of the month, his 15 minutes are down the last seconds now...Anyway man I'm done ranting about 50 in this thread, you could like 50 all you want I could care less, I don't like 50, let's keep this convo about Cam/Jay...

Edited by bigted

Guest VAsFinestRenagade

ok well that song would of been better if it had Spider Loc and Banks on it no doubt but see now since Nas started the beef between them and Jo and Jada never really liked him they are teamin up on him cause you notice how almost every track Ja has dissin 50 has some on e feat. on it why cant he do it him self

http://www.allhiphop.com/hiphopnews/?ID=5276

Rapper Cam'ron has further clarified his position against Island Def Jam president/rapper Shawn "Jay-Z" Carter, after the Harlem native recently released the dis track called "Gotta Love It."

Cam'ron alleged that Jay-Z's declaration of peace with Nas in October 2005, was initially meant to destroy the credibility of his own Diplomats crew.

Cam'ron told Miss Jones and the Hot 97 morning show team the culmination of his grievance in the weeks leading up to Jay-Z's "I Declare War" concert, which was hosted by rival station Power 105.

"The last straw was that station down the dial he supposed to , where he is supposed to be dissing everybody he had a problem with," he explained to Miss Jones, DJ Envy and others. "So you know leading up to the concert, I got Dame calling me like, 'He's trying to get old footage of you of when you and Jim got jumped and he's trying to find Jim's Catholic school pictures.' So leading up to this concert, we had to get on point, you dig? I don't know whatever he was looking for, you ain't gonna find it."

Jay-Z and Nas' peace treaty was applauded by the Hip-Hop community, however beef with Cam'ron and his crew has quietly festered for many years.

Prior to the "I Declare War" concert, Jim Jones publicly dissed Jay-Z to Mad Linx when he was the host of BET's "Rap City."

"When became the President, that was our way out . We not with it at all, ya dig, and if you wanna go statistically, not even on just the fire part, just statistically, we sold more records than everybody up at Roc-A-Fella every time we came out with an album," Jim Jones said on air. "Why would we be with somebody that sell no records statistically? The Roc is over. It's more like a cubic zirconium. The diamond is crumbled."

Cam'ron also said problems arose when Jay-Z discovered plans to appoint him President of Roc-A-Fella, a position he turned down due to a disagreement over his proposed yearly compensation.

Cam'ron also denied that he slept with Jay-Z's girlfriend Beyonce, although he insinuated an act took place in his freestyle dis.

"This ain't noting personal toward her, but I know what hurts his heart," he said.

Still Cam'ron admitted that this was a war of words, not one he hoped would end in violence.

"At the end of the day, I don't want any violence. I'm trying to avoid it. It don't even make sense to do violence, we just trying to do music," Cam admitted.

Jay-Z wasn't available for comment at press time.