JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Cam`ron Disses Jigga

Turntable

Seitdem Killa Cam Roc-A-Fella Records verlassen hat, ist das Verhältnis zwischen ihm und Jay-Z nicht gerade besser geworden. Nun bringt Cam'ron einen mehr als sieben Minuten langen Disstrack gegen den Jiggaman, der es in sich hat.

In der Märzausgabe der XXL wird ein Interview von Cam'ron abgedruckt sein, in dem er Stellung zum Hova Beaf nimmt. Dort wirft er Jay vor, Roc-A-Fella Records und Roc-A-Wear von Damon Dash geklaut zu haben.

"Die richtigen Probleme begannen erst, als Jay weg ging und Dame mich zum neuen President machen wollte. Als Jay-Z zurück kam, hatte er seine Entscheidung getroffen und sagte mir, dass er sich nicht wohlfühlen würde, wenn ich der neue Boss wäre", sagte Cam

---------------

Since Cam`ron leftt Roc-A-Fella, him and Jigga arent realy cool anymore. Now, Cam`ron dropped a 7 min Diss Track against Jay-Z.

In the march edition of the XXL, Cam`ron claimed that Jay-Z stoled Roc-A-Fella and Roc-A-Wra from Dash.

"The real problems stardet when Jigga left, and Dash wanted to make me president. But than when Jay-Z came back, he said that he wouldnt feel comfortable with me beeing president."

You can check out the Track, "You Gotta Love It", on Allhiphop.com.

--------------------

I dont know how the track is, still gotta check it out But I think Cam`ron is right. Jigga handled that whole Roc-A-Fella/Dash-Dillema realy bad. I have lost respect for Jigga for what he did back then.

Anyway,I like Jigga and I like Cam`ron.. And if Jigg desides to respond, this gonna be a hot Battle.

EDIT:

Just checked it out. This is quit def.. It`s very aggresive.

In the begining Cam`ron mentions some reasons for doing this diss. One of them goe`s like this "I saw them throwing up the Roc-A-Fella Diamond up, before they shot me".

This Track is straight fire. Killah Cam is in the building!!

Edited by Turntable

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's kinda interesting, Jay said he's done with battling and Cam'ron's dissin' him??!! That's a low blow, Jay's retired now, Cam should try to help his crew blow up and not diss Jay, wow I never thought I'd defend Jay but Cam's coming off immature, I'm sick of beefs, I don't really like either that much so I could personally care less....

Edited by bigted

Well maybe Jay said that he doesn't want anymore beefs so that way the public could sympathise for him if anybody disses him, I think a lot of people'll consider it a low blow but he did treat Cam'ron shady so I could see why Cam'ron would diss him too, it's not necessary though...

HE didn't treat Cam shady. Jay went to Europe, came back and saw some dude tryign to take over his business without him even knowing about it.

But, yeah... Cam's got a album and movie droppping in a month...

It`s not only Jay`s.. It was Jay`s and Dashes.. And Jay trciked Dash in the most mean ways.. And Jay was planning to leave Roc-A-Fella at the time Dame wanted Cam to be the new president..

But actualy Cam and Jigga never where realy cool. That isnt a secret. And like allwas The Diplomats dont give a **** about anything.. They have balls. Like when they just dissed Nas, with a smile on theyr face :rofl:

Well you figure that Cam's using this to promote his album, he and Jay always had a lil' beef, he probably wanted to diss Jay for years but saved it for when the time he needs hype which is now, hopefully he actually made a good album though or else the hype won't work, Jay could just easily brush Cam off if Cam don't come strong but of course Jay ain't untouchable either... Jay got so much money and power though he could easily drop Juelz Santana from Def Jam, basically that's what only counts in battles these days sadly, the one with the most money wins, Jay got an empire that can't be stopped and he'll still stand even if Cam and Dipset diss him hard...

Edited by bigted

Well maybe this might force Jay to make a comeback the way that Canibus forced LL to comeback, as much as I don't like Cam he got street cred so Jay has to respond to keep his rep, I ain't a big fan of Jay but I think that if he comes back and puts out more albums like "The Black Album" I might like him a lil' more, this'll probably spark some creative juices, the more I think about it Cam'ron dissin' Jay might be good for hip-hop... I don't like Cam much either but I definately think he's better than a lot of commercial rappers out now, battlin' Jay could help him improve as an mc as well.. I don't think that the beef between Diplomats and Jay is that serious if Cam was on Kanye's album and Juelz is still on Def Jam, it could be a publicity stunt for Jay to comeback and for Cam and Diplomats to blow up, that's why I don't take the beef serious but people'll buy into it, you should see the long ass thread on the okayplayer board, lol, it's funny to see Diplomat and Roc-a-fella fans diss each other...It sorta upsets me though when I see people say that Jay'd beat Cam'ron 'cause he got so much money and fame, I'm hoping that he comes and beats Cam'ron on the mic if people say he beats him or else it'll be stupidity to say that if Cam crushes him in a song and Jay don't resond that Jay still won 'cause of his status, it should be about skills not the money but people point at the charts when they say who the best is, Jay has to respond though 'cause Cam took some below the belt shots at Beyonce on the song from what I've heard people say, some people calling it the best battle song since "Ether", I might just have to listen after all... btw, I think Jay said in one of his interviews that he was focused with buisiness and didn't plan on doing another album, his main goal right now is to show people that he's more than just a rap artist... he just likes to do remixes and collabs now which actually are the imput of what active rappers do so he ain't really retired, he's not as great as Will but I could see why some Will fans like him 'cause he's another hard working entertainer...

Edited by bigted

Jigga hwas been rumored to have an album in the works, for some time now..So if he makes one, it has nothing to d with this diss..

I heard it though, it's pretty good, he touches on some good points. But don't be so quick to think his Dipset fam will jump right behind him. If i'm not mistaken, Jay helped Juelz on his album...he has no direct beef.

Jay-Z seems 2 be a person feuled by greed and money. And if Cam'ron is gonna call him out, he's on of the few rappers out there that i would actually consider the truth in what he's saying.

Well about Juelz, he said in an interview that Jay wasn't involved with making Juelz' new album and that he was allowed to do what he wanted with it, he says that mostly the younger artists that came on the label need Jay's direction not him, he said something about he how respects Jay as an artist but he don't need anybody to hold his hand... I was listening to the radio late last night and Funkmaster Flex was talking about the beef and said that Cam has 2 more songs about Jay ready and Jay's working on a response...

I wouldn't be surprised if DMX goes after Jay either when he drops his album, he said in an interview last week when he signed to Columbia that he felt miserable working for Jay, he said that he had the album ready to drop for months but Jay kept pushing it back, he said he's gonna just use a couple songs from it and add more material and drop it this summer, I wouldn't be surprised if he has a Jay diss song in the works 'cause if he did that to me I probably would diss him too 'cause this is a buisiness and putting DMX's album on hold could cost DMX money, this isn't good for Jay's image as a president as well, artists won't go to Def Jam if they hear how shady he is, Redman's album keeps gettin' pushed back too, I wouldn't be surprised if he leaves after a while too... That sounds just as shady as Puffy shelving Heavy D's album... btw, that Jay going to Aftermath rumor happened before Jay was named Def Jam president, I haven't heard anything about that since but since he's gonna have 50 Cent on Freeway's album, I wouldn't be surprised if he gets down with Dre's camp though...

EDIT: I heard on Hot 97 just now that they were given orders by Jay-Z not to play Cam's song, that's messed up, he thinks he could buy himself a win!!

Edited by bigted

SOURCE: http://www.ballerstatus.net/news/read/id/98746318/

Friday Fire: Cam'ron Attacks Jay-Z -- Hip-Hop Is Back!

Friday - January 20, 2006

January 20, 2006 and it's your boy "Mark My Words" back at it for perhaps the most scorching Friday Fire in recent memory. My pen is seething and y'all should know why...

The President is under attack! Alert the Pentagon, gather the Secret Service, we're on High Alert...the President is under attack!

Just last week we were discussing how most of hip-hop is in a state of stalemate. Well, stop the presses! Hip-hop is baaack, thanks to a brash and bold move by Harlem's own Cam'ron.

Killa Cam dropped "Swagger Jacker (A Biter Not A Writer)," which shows Jay-Z's affinity for using and re-working other MCs' lines and most recently with "You Got It," an almost eight-minute diss track going live, hard and direct at the Def Jam President's jugular. Before Cam gets heavy into rhyming, he firmly states his top five reasons for going hard at Hov:

"You stole Roc-A-Fella from Dame."

"You stole Kanye from Dame."

"You stole Rocawear from Dame."

"I seen that n---- throw that diamond up before them shots was fired."

"How's the King of New York rocking sandals with jeans!?"

On the brand new diss track, Killa goes on to express how he feels Jay's publishing should go to Ms. (Voletta) Wallace for using so many of Biggie's lines and later compares Jay to Joe Camel and Fraggle Rock. He even mocks Jay because of his age and reminds him of a Beyonce and Cam collaboration.

Wow. Late Thursday night, early Friday morning, Dipset's premier rhyme spitter called The Drama King Kay Slay live on the air on New York City's famed Hot 97 radio station. Before Killa even began to address the two leaked tracks going at Hov and his motives behind them, he wanted to remind listeners of one important thing:

"This is not a BK/Harlem, BK/Manhattan thing," Cam told Kay Slay. "A bunch of stuff made me put these records out. This isn't even me, it's my team. My team has been holding me back from doing this, but the concert (Jay-Z's I Declare War) was the last straw."

Cam later welcomed and invited an answer track from Jay. In regards to "Swagger Jacker," in which Cam cleverly plays lines of Biggie, Snoop Dogg, Slick Rick, Big L, Rakim, Tupac and Nas and compares them to Jay's re-worked versions, Cam jokingly told Kay Slay: "Let's see if Jay steals a line from James Brown. The next thing I'm going to do is show you how Jay stole lines from movies."

Once again, wow. I know barbershops across the country, especially here in NYC are buzzing right now! There's so much to cover in regards to this Cam and Jay situation. First of all, people outside of New York City have to understand that Jay-Z and Cam never really liked each other. Sure they made "Welcome To New York City" together, but tension between the two has been mounting for years. So, Cam going at Jay isn't really a surprise, but the timing in which he did it is (Or is it? Walk with me, we'll get back to that.)

Secondly, love him or hate him, Cam has everything to gain in this situation. This is actually an excellent move for Cam. Jay-Z, on the other hand, has nothing to gain, but to show his fans and overall hip-hop fans what can happen if one tests a great mic fiend.

Me, personally, I think Jay HAS to respond to Cam. The degree at which Cam went in and the subject matter of his tracks should even speed up the process. Time is ticking, Hov. You have done it all in your career. You have done the impossible and done it twice, but there is a man with a cult following brave enough to step to the throne and take aim. Due to the way Cam went in on this track alone, I think hip-hop fans would be shocked if Jay doesn't answer. I know I would. I was surprised that Jay, after all the hype, didn't take aim at anyone during the "I Declare War" concert.

Well, it's been a long time coming. We know you want to answer. Pick up the mic, keep it on wax and breathe life back into hip-hop. If he answers, Jay will probably say he's a student of the game and honors B.I.G. every time he echoes a line, in regards to the swagger jacking. Jay can also begin on Cam's affinity for pink. Also, don't be surprised if Jay pulls a takeover and includes Dash in an answer track. However, whatever the case may be, when rocks are being chucked at the throne and the crown is rattling, something must be done. Furthermore, in my humble opinion, Jay, although Def Jam President, never really retired from making music. He has lent his rhymes out on features and collaborated on exclusive freestyles.

I listen to Jay, I listen to Cam. And I must say, Killa putting out these records is HUGE. It's a big move for him, a bigger move for Dipset and the current biggest for hip-hop. What I love about the record Cam put out is there are no real references to taking it to the streets and doing harm. Cam did his homework and that's not only what you're supposed to do when going at Hov, it's what you HAVE to do.

Cam bringing up Juan Perez (Jay-Z's business partner with the 40/40 clubs) in "You Got It" is slick. That may have flown over some people's heads, but Cam told Kay Slay that Perez is from Harlem. So, in other words, Cam makes sure to let Jay know he's doing business with a Harlem cat. Clever.

As far as thinking everything out and then going in with intent and aggression, you got to give it to Cam for now. Killa not only went in, but he went in haaard, while still maintaining some of his humor. The sandals line is completely off the wall, but I agree with him. No dude should rock sandals, period. Look in the Fire archives. I've said my piece on sandals before.

Anyway, back to the lecture at hand. There's already a lot of buzz about Hov cooking up another "Takeover" type track getting at Cam. Well, if or when he does, there are factors you need to know about Cam.

Killa was quick to tell Kay Slay that he's done a lot in hip-hop and is ready for the challenge. "I executive produced 11 albums," Cam said. "Come do the track man."

Even if Jay answers with something that smashes Cam (like many are predicting), Killa still wins. At the top of this tirade I said, Cam going at Jay isn't really a surprise, but the timing in which he did it is (Or is it?) Let me explain... Cam is currently gracing one of two covers for XXL magazine's March issue, in which he also addresses his feud with Hov. And, in addition, Kay Slay revealed that Cam's next album, Killa Season, is due in April. The timing does seem impeccable on Cam's part. Say Jay comes back with something extra hard, Cam STILL WINS. He sells more records and broadens his fan base, as well as Dipset's movement.

One can view 50 Cent's move when he dropped "Piggy Bank" for Fat Joe, Jadakiss and Nas to help hype The Massacre album release. I'm not alleging that that's Killa's motive here, but if it is, you can't be mad. At the end of the day, money has to be made.

Jay-Z doesn't have anything to prove. He's done it all in hip-hop, is Def Jam's President, has part ownership of the New Jersey Nets and Beyonce on his arm. Not a bad life. But, he's being tested here and it's going to be real interesting to see how he handles this situation. We're not expecting Hov to prepare for 15 rounds, but at least one looks to be a must.

Kay Slay, a Harlem native, thinks it's great for hip-hop. You gotta agree, especially if you're from NYC. We can only stomach so many club bangers. Who do you know that's in the clubs 24-7 like that anyway!? Sheeit, I got a damn job.

Battles are the essence of hip-hop. The swagger, the competition, the downright sport of heavyweights trading verbal jabs and then the knockout. Boom. Hip-hop is back! (At least, I hope).

Speaking about hip-hop being back, what was once known as the hip-hop bible, The Source, looks poised for a great 2006. A press release moved Thursday announcing that The Source Magazine's board of directors' relieved founder Dave Mays and long-time president and rapper Benzino of their services. Of course Benzino was the one criticized for nearly running the magazine into the ground with his favorable tactics and well-publicized run-ins with the Interscope umbrella. Well, one man's (alleged) sorrow is another's joy. Famed DJ Funk Master Flex read the press release out loud on the air on his Thursday night show on Hot 97 and congratulated The Source's new CEO Jeremy Miller and wished him a great start. ... Flex called Mays and Benzino bitches and pretty much celebrated the fact that they were fired. He then was joined on the air by Interscope's Chris Lighty, who was also content by The Source's firings.

Hopefully, Miller can revamp the magazine and bring it back to what it once was -- a hip-hop institution. I wait for the day in which five mics once again mean FIVE MICS...A CLASSIC. Looks like XXLis finally going to see something in their rear-view mirror. Let the games gegin...

Send in your comments on the Hov/Cam situation for next week's Fire (Markmywords2483z@hotmail.com). Look out for Grafh's first installment of answers to all your questions coming soon. Till then, Good Thoughts, Good Words, Good Deeds. Peace.

— Mark Lelinwalla