JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Kel Spencer

3cookies

----------------- Bulletin Message -----------------

From: <A HREF='http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=22033853'>KEL SPENCER</a>

Date: Jan 19, 2006 1:39 AM

So many of you have been waiting for me to post this Blog and it's finally here.

For those of you that don't know, My video is on my page as well. Don't forget to check out the "Who is Kel Spencer?" mixtape on my CD Baby page. Enjoy. One!!!

-KS

www.CdBaby.com/cd/KelSpencer

i couldn't add the link properly,...sorry bout that e'rebody...

peace,

cookie

Message from tha man himself, (K S ) STRIAT 2 his fans on this board.

"The mixtapes are selling like hotcakes too. I think I'm gonna re-release "The Streets Know That" EP too.. "

I hope I dont wind up lookin like a lyer....cuz I did tell Kel abt how he gets madd props on this site. I think he's gonna chek it out when he gets tyme 2 ... :2thumbs:

peace,

cookie

Edited by 3cookies

A couple days ago Julie posted that she saw Kel post on his myspace saying that he visits this site...

http://www.jazzyjefffreshprince.com/forum/...topic=7256&st=0

Here's the proper link to his myspace, it says that he's gonna write some of Puffy's next album:

http://www.myspace.com/kelspencer

Edited by bigted

I think Puffy should give Kel Spencer a contract to Bad Boy if he's gonna have him write for his album, if Puffy asked me to write for him I'd ask for a record deal or else I wouldn't write for him, lol....

Edited by bigted

Well at least more people would know Kel if he went there, it's better than being independent, I would never ghostwrite for Puffy either, if this is supposed to be a personal album he should write it himself...

Edited by bigted

Kel Spencer...Bad Boy...r u feeling okay?

:word: I was thinking the same thing! Kel should never go with Bad Boy!

Why not? Black Rob is at Bad Boy, and he also aint a Pop Rapper..

And that Ghwostwriting for Puffys personal Album. I`m shure he trys do do it by himself. I think he just arranged the others to help him out if he is stuks with Rhymes n stuf, or if he realy cant manage it he tells them a story, and they write it down rhyming...

Edited by Turntable

I don't mind Kel Spencer writing for or with Puffy. After all, he's a bottomless pit of ill rhymes. And he makes a good living from it...which most likely finances the stuff that turns in his mixtape. But i'd have a problem seeing him as a Bad Boy artist. Bad Boy is a label for artists who don't mind selling their soul and letting Puffy use them as puppets 2 become the next big thing. However, no artist on Bad Boy ever really stayed famous or stayed on the label. Kel Spencer and Bad Boy is like oil and water...they just don't mix. True school Hip-Hop and flashy, watered down commerical rap just dosen't mix.

Well at least more people would know Kel if he went there, it's better than being independent, I would never ghostwrite for Puffy either, if this is supposed to be a personal album he should write it himself...

I'm glad u said that, so I wouldn't get bashed by myself. LOL... but I feel the same way, sorta, kinda, in a way... If I had his skillZ, i would write for ANYBODY who was diggin my style, specially if I'm tryna make it big. Thats how he build reputation and respect like that... Im sure the lil bank he's pullin in the meantyme,... most certainly ain't hurtin him any either...

I don't think its wise for rising celeb 2 turn down such an opportunity, but then again thats my personal view...

peace,

cookie

What major label should Kel go on? Most any major label is just promoting flashy hip-hop, I guess it's better for him to keep it real and be unknown right? He's a great mc and I think he deserves a chance to blow up, I wouldn't mind if he did a "Gettin' Jiggy Wit It" or "Switch" type song and sold millions rather than being underground forever... I'd rather see him go to Bad Boy instead of G Unit, it's like pick your poison when it comes to these labels, someone needs to start a label for real mcs to go to, Will has so much money, maybe when he takes a break from movies now he'll work on making Overbrook a bigger label than all these trash labels out now, our only hope is "The Chosen One"...

Edited by bigted

Puffy's flow is annoying though, why can't he just get off the mic and just produce and be a hype man? It's wack for somebody to sell millions of albums not having a lot of mc skills while real mcs can't get a deal, he should be working on releasing Heavy D's album... Write a book if you want to tell your life story.... Producers who can't rhyme is what's ruining the rap game right now, Kel's adding to the problem, if nobody ghostwrites for Puffy, he won't be able to make an album that sells and then he'd realise that he should just stick to dancing and making beats... Jazzy Jeff could probably outrhyme Puffy if he wanted to but he knows better to stick to what he does best...

Edited by bigted

• 2 weeks later...

Kel posted this on the bullatin board, i dont quite get it. Whats the nextel jumpoff?

.................................................................................

I get hit all day every day about all kinds of stuff. So, one time and one time only, If you have questions about:

-Performances

-Interviews

-My "Wilderness" Video

-Beats

-Collabo's

-Photo Shoots

-Writing

And/ or

Appearances

Hit me on the Nextel Jumpoff @183*161*10639

We're Like Family...

-KS

www.CdBaBy.com/cd/KelSpencer

"The Wilderness" Video on my page NOW!!!