JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will Smith advises teens to dump their delinquent

Hero1

• Admin
Will Smith Advises Teens To Dump Delinquent Friends
July 13, 2004 - World Entertainment News Network

Hollywood actor Will Smith is advising teens to dump their delinquent pals if they're serious about getting ahead in the world.

The Men In Black star, a father of three, believes today's youngsters should shun peer pressure to hold themselves back by making big changes in their social circles.

He says, "The best thing that anybody ever said to me is that you're only as good as the people you associate with. Look at the five friends that you spend the most time with - that's who you are.

"When I was a kid, I looked around and wasn't very impressed. If you're the smartest person in your squad, then you need a new squad. Be around people you want to be like or who will advance you."

[font="Arial"][color=blue]Thats really good advice from Will,...which can also apply to adults. Sometymes, its much easier said than done, especially when "like minded" people are not in your immediate circle of friends...

thanx 4 posting this...something im sure a number of fans could benefit from.
namely --- >> Cookie! :thumb:

peace,
3cookies [/color][/font]

:werd: I agree wit that, a lot of cats that I knew in school who I used to rap wit and hang out wit wanted me to start rappin' gangsta ****, but that's not me, so I've been better off without them, I like rockin' solo until I find the right cats that relate to me!

That is some of the best advice i've ever heard. I think alot of people need 2 hear that. However, i think it's important 2 be there 4 everybody and no discriminate against people. Sometimes it's those yucky people in your life that need your help 2 get out of that mess and on2 the right track.

Yeah, not many other emcees or rappers have anything 2 offer their fans (in music or as a human being).

"Hey, my favorite rapper is Jay-Z...let me go stab somebody like i did Un"

"Puff's my favorite rapper, let me go 2 club and start shooting like i did a few years ago."

Things happen in life, but when something happens, i think it's important 2 talk about so that fans and people in general can unstand the situation. 2pac talked about his problems which put me at ease as a big fan...just 2 know he's not some viloent person. When Guru and Queen Latifah got knocked, they stressed the issues in their interviews and in their music. Knowing why they owned guns made me feel better about them doing it. As much as u can get 2 know an artist thru' their music and their interview, I rather learn about the person's life rather than just talk about their music.

Come on now!!! They have done positive things!! Its not fair to jus focus on one of the negative things they've done.

What if sum1 said:

"Will's my favourite rapper, lets go slap some reporters!"

It works both ways. Puffy's a successful business man and has started up numerous business ventures. In that sense he is a great role model for any young man.

Jay-Z with all his millions has regularly donated money to charities. A fine example to set! I just think its unfair to isolate certain things that they have done.

[quote=Da Brakes,Jul 14 2004, 04:50 PM]"Will's my favourite rapper, lets go slap some reporters!"[/quote]
hahahahahahahahaha :bowrofl:

I think Will is a good role model he never says anythin bad about any1 in particular and tells kids to work hard and stuff, he inspired me and i turned out pretty successful if i dont say so myself lol.

but i agree this is good advice but it means i will have no friends if i take it, no just kiddin my friends are great.

[quote=Da Brakes,Jul 14 2004, 04:50 PM]"Will's my favourite rapper, lets go slap some reporters!"[/quote]
:roll: I almost said something about that but chose not 2...so i'm glad u did.

I wazn't trying 2 be one sided tho'...that's why i mentioned Queen Latifah and Guru...who made mistakes but also happen 2 be amongst my favorite emcees. What they did waz address the issue of the mistakes themselves. It seems that "those other guys" benifit in sales when they do stupid stuff and give the illusion that it's cool 2 be a shallow, ignorant, violent person who makes stupid choices in life and stays in the limelight.