Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will Smith: Person of the Year

Hero1

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, i waz reading that and asking myself if Tim or myself had written it. That waz dope. Thanx 4 sharing. We should cut and paste all over other Hip-Hop sites/message boards. It's never 2 late promote Lost + Found.

:word: This could push the album to platinum status, a lot of ignorant kids who post on these sites need to be schooled, btw I wrote a reply email to him, basically this is what the article would consist of if I wrote it:

"What up Illsead, nuff respect for showing love to Will Smith in that column, it's about time that the hip-hop media shows love to one of the realest brothas that has ever touched the mic, it takes a lot of heart to make hip-hop albums in an industry where 99% of the hip-hop albums get the top promotion are the ones with parental advisory stickers. I'm a hip-hop head that appreciates all hip-hop but I respect Will since he brings something different to the game and has held it down quite well on the microphone and on the movie screens, I know that a lot of mcs respect Will, even Bow Wow but they'll diss him 'cause a lot of the media ****s on Will 'cause he ain't hardcore and I find that bull****, we need more peeps in the media like you that appreciate all mcs, not just the gangsta ones.

Hip-hop wouldn't be the same without the impact Will and his partner Jazzy Jeff brought to hip-hop, he's one of a kind to me and one of my favorite mcs of all time no matter what anyone else says, he's been in the game as longer than most of these gangsta rappers teenyboppers worship today since that's all they see on TV and radio, mcs like Will deserve to be on black radio, Public Enemy put out an album recently but yet they don't say **** on the radio, it's bull****, the pioneers of the game don't deserved to be pushed to the side, they should be on the frontline leading future mcs like Bow Wow.

I'm only 20 years old but I appreciate hip-hop's history unlike a lot my age, I bet you'll probably get a lot of email from kids saying that you were corny for giving props to Will but I bet they never even heard any of Will's albums, they just think Will's wack 'cause he ain't on Hot 97 all day, a lot don't know what to think for themselves 'cause the radio programs their minds. It's refreshing to see somebody from the hip-hop media give love to an mc that ain't just rhyming about hoes, jewlery, and guns 'cause all kinds of mcs deserve to be recognised if they put due in, keep up the good work man. One love!

-Gracia Miller Jr.

Seaside Heights, New Jersey"

Hip-Hop heads: read, research, and respect that man.
:word:

So, as I look at you, clearly a bubble gum rapper making a play at gangsta, disrespecting a man like Will, it causes me anxiety. You bother me, Bow Wow.

:lolsign:

P.S. Bow Wow, no hard feeling, homey! I still love the fact that you defecated on my life with that line, “under 21 with a Black Card.”

:lolsign: :word:

the article is totally on point with our views here. like AJ i was wondering if somebody on this board had written it cuz that's how on point it was. props to illseed for the respect.