JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Kanye West comments on 50 cent at AllHip-Hop.com

Frenetic

A lot of the so call mcs who say they keep it real go ride the gangsta rap bandwagon, so I don't really know who's so real. What is a conscious mc like Rakim doing giving props to Eminem and Dr. Dre but then he ignores giving props real mcs that continually put out positive music like LL and Will? Gangsta rap is getting enough props already, more props should be giving to the mcs that put out positive music since the media blackballs them, all these so called conscious rappers should rally around the real mcs putting it down trying to clean the game up, but then they turn around and give props to the arrogant rappers like Kanye and 50 instead... Will gives props to everybody, he's the ultimate team player that's why he's a real mc, if you're gonna constantly fight with another mc and saying he ain't real or only give props to a certain amount of mcs, hip-hop'll remind divided, if Will goes out and disses Kanye and 50 like he could but that'd 'cause more negative energy than anything, yes 50 and Kanye are ignorant but they could learn if Will could guide them as a mentor...

We gotta bridge the gap not break it apart, I think KRS going around criticising Nelly all the time is not gonna wake Nelly up, if he treats Nelly like another man maybe Nelly'd still respect him like he did before KRS started bashing him for no reason just 'cause Nelly's selling more records than him, all KRS had to do was talk to him on the phone or on the side and there wouldn't be no hype or drama.... Music is music, some hip-hop is quality, some isn't, it depends on what you like, everyone should stop hating on each other so much though...

I'm finishing my rant in this thread with this comment by what MC Hammer said in an interview 10 years ago which is so relevant and true:

"Well my last comments would be life is too precious and Too Short for us not to appreciate it. Let's not let music, something we all grew up on, everything from Marvin Gaye to the Temptations, control us. We use to use the music to cherish the moment. If something meant something to us, we would go get the record and reminisce. Let's not let the music of today mean anything thing else than something we listen to for enjoyment. And let that uplift you and be a blessing to your life versus something that is pulling you down."

Edited by bigted

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But where is the heart in alot of commerical rap? 50 Cent isn't trying 2 make anyone think. Kanye West isn't trying 2 take his skillz 2 the next level. Ludacris isn't changing the world. Puffy isn't helping a hopless soul get thru' 1 more day.

How you know that Kanye isnt trying? And when did Will, LL or Kel Spencer ever change the world? It are musicians, god damn.

And how you know that Puffy helpded nobody? His music may not be about that but I`m shure there are alot of kids that are going thruw a ****t up time and listening to Puffy records make them feel better. It mean allot to them and maybe it realy brings some one day farder. And, besides to the music, he does allot of charity.

But where is the heart in alot of commerical rap? 50 Cent isn't trying 2 make anyone think. Kanye West isn't trying 2 take his skillz 2 the next level. Ludacris isn't changing the world. Puffy isn't helping a hopless soul get thru' 1 more day.

How you know that Kanye isnt trying? And when did Will, LL or Kel Spencer ever change the world? It are musicians, god damn.

And how you know that Puffy helpded nobody? His music may not be about that but I`m shure there are alot of kids that are going thruw a ****t up time and listening to Puffy records make them feel better. It mean allot to them and maybe it realy brings some one day farder. And, besides to the music, he does allot of charity.

Will changed the world by becoming the first rapper to win a grammy and also starring in his own sitcom and becoming a famous actor. Kel Spencer could help turn the rap game where it needs to go if he got any people to listen to his music.

What kind of charity?Like how much money does he usally give?

Allot. And he does stuff like walking with the marathon n stuff. And he has his own foundations,as far as I know.

That's cool,that he donates money,'cause most actors/rappers ect, don't do that. :kekeke:

Puffy and Jay-Z wrote a $1 million check to victims of Hurricane Katrina, most peeps in hip-hop don't have that kind of money but I think a lot of rappers do help people behind the scenes, cameras don't show that side of hip-hop often, only when trajedy strikes, I have no problem with Kanye criticising President Bush either 'cause most of America also agreed that the way the Bush administration handled that was wrong, people in the hip-hop community should be using their energies to "Fight The Power", mcs should be beefing against the corporations that refuse to play positive hip-hop songs and videos with a message and the government that constantly ignores the black community instead of using their energy in a negative way by critcising other mcs all the time, like for Kanye to come out and say that he should win the grammy award is immature, he shouldn't be just trying to get personal glory, that offends other artists, he should continue to focus on just being a positive influence, no hip-hop artist is bigger than the game....

Like my parents taught me when I was young, you need to treat people the way you want to be treat, President Bush should do his job if he wants respect from the black community and at the same time Kanye should just make good music if he wants respect in the music industry, people cry out for respect without putting in work while the ones who put in work don't beg for respect. Will might say some things in his songs about how he wants more respect in the rap game but he don't cry about that in interviews. I don't think there's nothing wrong with mcs battling either but they should just leave it as entertainment on the mic, they shouldn't take it personal when they meet up with each other off the mic, we don't need brothas killing brothas, Pac and Biggie being lost are enough. Will doesn't put down everybody that disses or ignores him, he's humble, he stays above negativity and that's why he's still in the game and'll remain in the game for as long as he desires to be, the ones who diss him fall off 'cause they don't put in work, they just hate without getting anything positive done, negative energy brings people down, if Kanye keeps crying about getting respect, he'll alienate all the people who like him already....

Edited by bigted

Guest renagade_tim

that does get annoyin but like i have said before i am tired of him throwen a hissy fit bout everything even if it wont G-Unit like say he was sayin that about DipSet i would say the same thing cause if anybody puts him below someone that he dont like he has to whipout and throw a hissy fit i am sick of it

that does get annoyin but like i have said before i am tired of him throwen a hissy fit bout everything even if it wont G-Unit like say he was sayin that about DipSet i would say the same thing cause if anybody puts him below someone that he dont like he has to whipout and throw a hissy fit i am sick of it

why don't you make a track about it... :rofl:

Guest renagade_tim

srr i am tryin to be serious ok Kayne should jus stay wit his music he is jus lookin for beef since he thinks that he has his own label he can say wat ever he wants and nothin to come back at him when he is wrong cause iam pretty sure common dont wont to have beef wit anyone at all even if it wont G-Unit

The comments on Hot 97 hasn't been confirmed. so i guess they were fake!

I read someone saying kanye ain't doing this for love of music. That's really stupid.