JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

THE NOTORIOUS B.I.G.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saying Ja Rule is biting off Pac is like saying Jay-Z bites of off Biggie, Ja Rule was just inspired off of Pac the same way that Jay was inspired off of Big, that's all, nobody from the Outlawz would be taking Ja Rule's side if they had a problem with him, btw Big Daddy Kane should be on the Biggie album since he did tracks with Biggie before Biggie signed to Bad Boy, I'm still yet to check out this album, I'm gonna check it out soon....

I personly would be offended with this album...just like i am with Loyal To The Game as a long-time 2Pac follwer.

Well it`s difrent,I think. This Album is put together by Puffy. And Puffy realy was down with Biggie. They where friends and partners. Eminem doesn`t have **** to do with Pac. I would feel ofended by that Loyal To The Game Album if I would be a Pac Fan. But here it`s not the case..

:word: Well Puffy did a lot of commercial production on Biggie's "Life After Death" album so it's not really that much of a stretch with bringing that sound on this "Biggie's Duets" album, that's most likely what I figure it'd be sounding close to even though I didn't personally hear it yet, but 2Pac's a different artist than Biggie, the type of production that Eminem did on "Loyal To The Game" is obviously not something that Pac would wanna rhyme over, they should've had Easy Mo Bee and Shock G do the production instead to incorporate Pac's sound so it'd sound like an authentic Pac album....

Let me start off by saying i've never really been a fan of Biggie. I simply don't see why some people claim he's one of the best rappers ever. When i look at his production, lyrics, and delivery...i don't see anything that good. However, as i got older, when i'd hear his singles that used 2 get overplayed on the radio, they take me 2 a good place when i waz growing up. His strongest skill waz the way he could rhythmically ride a beat. Anyways, i try 2 give everything an honest listen...so i gave his overly-doctored Duets album a listen.

Much like the doctored 2Pac albums, the production is commercial rap filler. The best beat on the album is produced by ex-ATOJ producers Andre Harris + Vidal Davis which also features The Game and Faith. I've never really like The Game, but his voice has greatly improved on this joint. The stupidest thing about this project is that they just ripped Biggie's old verses off his previously released music. At least with the 2Pac projects, nearly all of the material waz never released (outside of bootlegs). Biggie only has 1 verse on most of the trax...making it hard 2 actually consider it his own album. There's a dope 2Pac verse on the track "Living In Pain" that i don't think i've ever heard b4. Mary J's vocals on it come across very nicely. Nas also pops up. The cool thing about this track as that all these artists were out while he waz. It's hard 2 accept having Eminem and The Game on the same track as him since u can't cross their careers.

I know there are a few Biggie fans on this board, so i waz wondering what your opinion was. Nobody trip about my opinion, cuz like i stated above, i've never really liked him...so i'm biased. I personly would be offended with this album...just like i am with Loyal To The Game as a long-time 2Pac follwer.

Hey, I'm a huge biggie fan. And I basically hated this album. The production is really messed up. P Diddy didn't let his old crew be in it. it just feels to moneymaking typeish. Just like that pac album.

Ah mayne... u know... when people say they like this... I realize how much the music biz has gone and fukked up. This compared to his old tracks is a huge difference even though the lyrics may be found on old songs.

"puts on juicy"

The thing that's a lil' wack that Diddy put only big name artists on there on the most part, but nobody'd buy it if they put dope mcs that're less popular than those on there, that's what it came down to, Puffy's trying to revive his label and he knows that Heavy D's album won't sell much so he puts the Biggie duets album instead, lol, it's kinda sad though that Biggie would probably be irrelevant right now if he was still alive unless he kept on doing commercial songs with Puffy, that's the only way he'd still be putting out multi-platinum albums, if he went back to the gritty street stuff on "Ready To Die" he wouldn't be selling anything now that's for damn sure, maybe Puffy wouldn't even step on the mic so much if Biggie was alive though, lol.... Pac left working with Dr. Dre so he wouldn't sell much either, only the ones who work with Dre are the big sellers in the rap game now.... You see how a lot of rappers that were popular when Biggie and Pac died are irrelevant now(examples: Warren G, Coolio, Craig Mack), while it seems that the death of Biggie and Pac kept them more popular than any mc alive, kinda sad, there hasn't been much out lately but the veteran mcs that're living get pushed to the sidelines... I mean they were great mcs though, no disrespect meant, but there was also other great mcs out at that time too that got slept on, it's sorta unfair that their deaths hyped them to be larger than life while a lot of dope mcs that're living get slept on continually....

Edited by bigted

That's been obvious. Puffy only seems to be out for a quick Buck.How many artists honestly released more than 1 Successful album with him? at most....what like 4 or 5? how many people we're ver signed to the label...A LOT!

Let's be real if Will sold double platinum for "Born To Reign", Puffy would've allowed the songs he recorded for "Bad Boys II" soundtrack to be on there, but since it flopped Puffy wouldn't put them on there..... Puffy uses a lot of those rappers he signs as ghostwriters, Black Rob and Loon basically wrote his last couple albums, then again they probably make more that way than if their careers actually blew up somewhere else, lol....

Edited by bigted

I'm loooking forward to Diddys next album though. it's said it will feature everything he's wanted to say about pac, biggie, suge, hiphop, politics, the world. Cause u can hate him, but he's been thru alot of **** in hiphop.

AND the album is being ghostwritten by Talib & Common.

Yep. I`m looking out for that too. I like Puffys Flow and voice. And the lyrics should be good too. His situation`s written down with Talibs Help.. What can go wrong?I would love to hear his storys. I respect him.

By the way. Now that Ted brought him up.. Whatever happened to Crack Mack?

Edited by Turntable

Craig Mack didn't like the way Bad Boy waz going...so he left them years ago. He waz definitly the best artist Bad Boy every had. Right next 2 Faith. Craig Mack put out his 2nd album without Bad Boy and it's dope. Since then he waz staying very low key. Popping up on a mixtape here and there. Back in 2002/2003, he started working with Bad Boy again and popped up on a remix by one of their crappy commerical rappers. And album waz supposed 2 follow, but nothing has happened since.