JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

2005 Most sold hiphop albums

Frenetic

1. 50 Cent - The Massacre 4.834.000 units. (Released March)

Trash. Just pure trash. I could listen to GRODT. But this is just trash.

2. The Game - The Documentary 3.100.000 (January)

Some good songs. Lyrically much better than the whole g-unit. Worst songs were those written by 50 cent...

3. Black Eyed Peas - Monkey Business 2.940.000 (June)

Their music doesn't say anything. No emotions.. no nothing. Boring.

4. Kanye West - Late Registration 2,360,000 (September)

Ehh..Y'all know what I think =)

5. Mike Jones - Who IS Mike Jones? 1.275.000 (May)

Screwed up...

6. Young Jeezy - Lets Get It: Thug Motivation 101 1.268.000 (July)

This years surprise. WACK

7. Eminem - Curtain Call 1.196.000 (December)

Even his greatest hits did good. Actually... when this year ends... he has outsold the two above him on the list.

8. Ying Yang Twins - United state of Atlanta

9. Common - BE 850k+

10. Bow Wow - Wanted 815k

11. WILL SMITH - LOST AND FOUND 675.000 units sold

He just missed the top ten. At the end of the year Biggies "new" album will have passed it, others will pass it in a couple of months 2. But... the eleventh most sold hiphop album isn't that bad.

Seeing these figures tells me a simple fact: If will hadn't done a movie, and instead done partystarter promo, if he had performed partystarter at more shows. AND if Tell Me why would've come out by now... he would've been plat... But.. hey... maybe next time right?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I counted about 25 hip-hop albums ahead of Will's on the top 200 but a lot of that was stuff that came out late last year, overall it was a nice comeback for Will this year, considering how the media blackballs him, I wouldn't have expected that no matter how dope I'd thought this album was gonna be....

Edited by bigted

Take all the artists above Will off of black radio, 106& Park, and TRL, and let's see if they'd go gold... :word:

Damn Eminem's fans really don't wanna see him retire 'cause what'd the rap game be without his wonderful pop rap gimmicks??!! :paperbag: :thumbdown: I think "Lost and Found" had more word of mouth more than any of those albums that came out ahead of it, basically people told each other about the album and that's how it sold, it wasn't hype like everything above it, just imagine if black radio gave "Switch" a few spins, it made 106 & Park/TRL, and they put Will on the cover on XXL, the album'd be platinum right now, pop radio even wasn't giving "Party Starter" that much spins when it came out anyway so it probably wouldn't have been that big of a hit anyway even if Will went there and performed it a lot...

Edited by bigted

...just imagine if black radio gave "Switch" a few spins, it made 106 & Park...

I don't think that would have made much difference at all. Switch is just not a good song for "black radio", it's a pop-rap song. Now, if you where to put Lost And Found, Tell Me Why, or even I Wish I Made That/Swagga on black radio, then we would see some serious numbers.

Well the thing is i only counted in the albums released this year and not those released at the end of last year. in that case will would prolly be out of the top 20.

Table// I dunno... but i think they went at least gold.

My guess is that Mariah will go atleast 8x platinum. Maybe even sell as much as Usher did.... almost diamond. She outsold fifty.