JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

The worst roles acted by rappers on the big screen!

Damian

http://muzyka.wp.pl/niusy.html?id=17953&g=0&w=wi#

I think I written it on WillSmith.com board some time ago, but maybe some of you didn't know about this.

"America's King" published this list:

1. Master P - Da Last Don

2. Nas - Belly

3. Dr Dre - Training Day

4. Ice-T - Leprechaun In The Hood

5. Vanilla Ice - Cool As Ice

6. Ja Rule - The Fast And The Furious

7. Big Daddy Kane - Posse

8. Ludacris - 2 Fast, 2 Furious

9. LL Cool J - Deep Blue Sea

10. Will Smith - The Legend Of Bagger Vance

It's the date of news 2005-09-29 so this list must be quite new. Personally I don't like this type of lists. When newspapers are doing those lists it's nothing for me, but unfortunetlly people voted here.

I don't watched "The Legend...." so I don't know If Will was good enought to not being includet in this list.

A few weeks ago, I watched "Hitch" & must say the truth that he is much better actor then some years ago:) His faces, gesticulation are better.

I haven't seen bagger vance in years (I think it was on TV a long time ago and my mom made me watch it, note: I was a little kid and I only cared about FPOBA, family matters and playing with my friends) anyway, I don't think they should get on will for a drama because his first movie (starring role) was a drama (six degrees.....) I could understand wild wild west, but not legend of bagger vance.

Edited by sonic1988

I haven't seen bagger vance in years (I think it was on TV a long time ago and my mom made me watch it, note: I was a little kid and I only cared about FPOBA, family matters and playing with my friends) anyway, I don't think they should get on will for a drama because his first movie (starring role) was a drama (six degrees.....) I could understand wild wild west, but not legend of bagger vance.

The same with me. Even I don't watch "The Legeng...." I thought rather about "WWWest".

I think it was the actual role in the film, and not so much Will's acting. A lot of Black people had trouble with that role, thinking the character was pretty much there to help Matt Damon's character. They complain about it in other film's too like "Green Mile" "Driving Miss Daisey", ect. They call it the "Magic Negro", an all wise black character that's main purpose is to help some misguided white person. Spike Lee has talked about it on numerous occasions.

I love The Legend of Bagger Vance. That movie is just deep, and FP bring the whole thing 2gether. I haven't really seen most of the movies on that list. FP and LL are the only real actors on the list anyways...and they are at the bottom.

WWW had some funny parts, but the reason it flopped in my opinion was because it had so much hype around it, people were saying "this is the best movie ever, its got everything, its the perfect chemistry", so when most of that stuff didnt stand out as much as it was preached people were a little dissapointed. And as we know, one comment in the media explodes it into a hollywood disaster. WWW wasnt as bad as people made it out to be, but it wasnt as good as it was hyped up to be either.