Will Smith Drops New Freestyle! Read more... ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Silver Tiger

Who is Kel Spencer?

Are you talking bout Free Wednesdays?? Yeah Kel will be giving us a free track every Wednesday for all of 2009. Check his blog for all of the ones so far

Kel's really on his grind man, I was able to listen to a lot of those Free Wednesday's lately, I been bumpin "Pressure" a lot

Kel is pretty active lately in facebook and myspace. The guy really connects with his fans.

Who needs a deal these days anyway! By creating a buzz himself and making himself known to the public he is putting himself in a better position when the time is right. And if I remember correctly, I'm pretty sure Puffy offered Kel a deal but he turned it down. So its not like there is lack of opportunity!

I agree with Brakes, having a deal is dead these days, being on the 'net is great exposure, Kel doing his thing for real

maybe the net is usefull, but it doesnt seem to work for him tho. out of all those new new york cats he doesnt seem to be the one with the biggest buzz. his output isnt big enough. facebook friends arent potential album buyers. people who buy or know your tapes and come to your shows are. and you need those, with or without label. you gotta addmit it, without will smith most of us would have never noticed kel

Edited by Turntable

I've had "Who Is Kel Spencer? The Mixtape" stuck in the CD deck recently.

Check out Kel with the mask on in this video "KS Report: Swine Flu Edition", he ain't playin', lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6J0Y9JDko1c...feature=channel

Kel posted on his Facebook page:

"Salon Stories" Album Hosted by MC Lyte Coming Soon...

according to Kel's twitter he'll "feature" in HawthoRNe on July 7. can't wait for the premiere Tuesday. :smile:

Edited by MissAshley

Oh thats soo nice! Ima be checkin this out!

The song, Whats Goodie? was featured in last night episode of HawThorne.. Kel also participated in a episode before that. So it seems he keeps close to the fam..