JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Who is Kel Spencer?

Silver Tiger

kelspencer.jpg

This came in the mail yesterday. I've played through it twice now. All 25 tracks of it. This is how you do a mixtape. Any fan of Willenium should recognize the name Kel Spencer from his verse on "Uuhhh." He was spitting raw lyrics then and he's still doing it today.

This is out to get some buzz in before his album drops in the summer. I will be playing this in parking lots all around.

For those that don't know, Kel Spencer is a talented MC that hasn't gotten much exposure (and that's partly his own fault). You can hear some of his songs here. This is straight Hip Hop that brings the quality with it. I know I'm probably the only one (with maybe one or two exceptions, you know who you are) here that's got the mixtape, but I recommend you get it. If you love Hip Hop you'll love this.

God Blessa!

Wait, just thought of something that might get some Will fans to get the album:

On the track "Who is Kel Spencer" where Kel is talking (literally) about the industry, who he is, and why he's here, the song in the background is none other than "Switch" with Will and all (reason being he and Will write together and are tight with each other). So for all of you that gotta own everything with Will in it, you gotta own this. THERE. You'll be doing yourself a favor in the process by getting this mixtape.

God Blessa!

Maybe we could convert some Lorettas to some good music... :willvspaparazzi:

Kel could've been platinum by now if Will released "Uhhhh" as a single, I don't understand why he didn't have a guest appearance on "Lost and Found" if he helped Will write a few tracks? Will has a lot of friends in the rap industry too, you figure he'd be able to hook Kel up with a guest appearance on an LL Cool J, Nas, Public Enemy, or Jay-Z album...

Hopefully when JJFP go on tour they bring Kel Spencer wit them, this mc needs to get more exposure than what he's been getting, the one or two songs I heard from him shows that he could outspit all those 106 & Park rappers....

btw, He's been on about 100 of underground mixtapes on the NY circuit according to his bio, he should sell them on his site if he were smart, he needs somebody like Tim to help him update his site, lol...

Edited by bigted

So who wants to post over at "Lorettaville"? Everytime I try to drop knowledge there they always don't understand me, I guess paragraphs are like foreign language to them... :stars: btw I wish I had money for this, I'm kinda low on cash these days.... Remember whoever gets this should post a review on that page, maybe Kel Spencer'll see it, we should all put that we wanna see him and Will do a freestyle track together too...

Edited by bigted

I'm gonna pin this topic since Kel's a JJFP potna, we need to show him some support, I put it on my wishlist, there's no doubt I'm gettin' this in early '06, I was just downloading some of these tracks, this is raw hip-hop!

Does Kel Spencer really have a record deal or is he just still trying to get picked up somewhere? I know he talks about starting his own label but did he really start one, does he sign mcs? I'd love to get down, I might send an email to him...

Does Kel Spencer really have a record deal or is he just still trying to get picked up somewhere? I know he talks about starting his own label but did he really start one, does he sign mcs? I'd love to get down, I might send an email to him...

He and his brothers started 3RD Power. It's pretty much for them right now. I think he's trying get them apart of a bigger label for now.

He's sent out a message that MTV2 and BET are talking to him about getting his video for "The Wilderness Pt. 1" on the air. It should be on the net soon, next week soon. I'd love for the video to blow up get some eyes on him. It's gotta get the spins though.

God Blessa!

That's aight if it's just him and his brothers, I was just curious that's all, but if he needs a hype man he could holla at me, lol. In all seriousness though Will should be in Kel's video, they could both make appearances at 106 & Park and Rap City, that'd bring some hype....

• 3 weeks later...