JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Some seames on clean Will S. image?

Damian

Some time ago I checked old news about Will. I found really interesing things, but I want to write only few of them. They aren't good.

"A little forgery of Will?" (2000-06-29)

This article is saying that rapband FURIOUS FIVE served him to courte, becouse he used samples from their song "Superappin" without saying who really did that song. In cd book there is said that Will & BOBBY ROBINSON made that.

http://muzyka.wp.pl/niusy.html?id=14791&g=0&w=wi

"Give me my money, Will" (2002-01-04)

Also here Will have a problem. His old friend CLARENCE HOLMES wanted from him 5 milions indemnification.

He said that he helped JJ&FP to write "Parents Just.......". On Grammy in 1988 Will said that he don't play so he shouldn't sung with them, & they throwed him away. He was sure that by this Will recaptured himself from their "mouths agreement". He received only 31.000 $ of reward, he had problems to keep his family.

http://muzyka.wp.pl/niusy.html?id=11273&g=0&w=wi

Truly I was a little bit shocked when I read this.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first thing... its true that Will used that party lines that they used in Superrappin... and yes of course he should have mentioned Mel and the guys, if not then, then later because he obviously gets inspiration by them. However, I dont think he did anything illegal since it must have been counted as a cover. Am I right Cozmo? Brakes?

And yup RRC should probably have some more money but Will have already given him pretty large amounts..

Guest Guest_bigted_*

that was probably columbia's fault for not paying the Furious Five for the right to cover the track and putting it on the credits, not will's, i'm sure he'd paid them right away...

The first thing... its true that Will used that party lines that they used in Superrappin... and yes of course he should have mentioned Mel and the guys, if not then, then later because he obviously gets inspiration by them. However, I dont think he did anything illegal since it must have been counted as a cover. Am I right Cozmo? Brakes?

And yup RRC should probably have some more money but Will have already given him pretty large amounts..

OK, I'm not sure that I understand completely. Did he use a sample or did he just say a few of the lines? Don't understand the RRC thing either. :hmm:

I think he just used a couple of lines.

The Ready Rock C thing is something we've discussed for a long time here... you gotta put time and sweat to know the details, and I suggest you to forget that because its unimportant :)

And yes, by the way, my first message was quite unreadable :)

Edited by Lerkot

Well wit RRC he sued saying he never got no royalities 4 sum of the songs they did. But Will paid about 500,000 I think if I remember Celebrity Justice rite. But RRC was not happy wit that and sued Will again 4 about 5mil...Will had offered RRC 2 appear on Willienium but RRC turn it down. But I had heard that RRC n Will get along fine they dont speak ill of each other. U can check out RRC side on

www.readyrockc.com

Now I remember Will was sued by the Furious Five 4 I think the lines or sumthing its on Will's website. They sued 4 about 2mil I think. ANyways I think that was Sonys fault for not including them in the credits in the booklet and checking wit them 2 see if it was ok. But it was settled.

But when u think about it. Its not that bad 4 sum1 who has been in the rap game 4 like 20yrs and he only been hit with 2lawsuits reguarding music n money. ANd that theres no bad blood with anybody.

Edited by Angel Amor

'It was a Friday night everybody was drinking,

the highs was screamin' and the bass was shakin'

It won't be long before everybody knows that Flash was on the beatbox goin....'.

Thats the original part, and Will did a part that said

It won't be long before everybody knows that '12 o'clock the roof will be blowing''

No real samples and thats all. GM&F5 wasnt credited and obviously didnt get any money so they sued Will.

Thats all I know :)

It won't be long before everybody knows that Flash was on the beatbox goin....'.

It won't be long before everybody knows that '12 o'clock the roof will be blowing''

No real samples and thats all. GM&F5 wasnt credited and obviously didnt get any money so they sued Will.

Hmmm... Did he say it only once or was it a major hook in the song? The usage would be the crux of the argument, though at the very least he should have given them an acknowledgment.

• Admin

But when u think about it. Its not that bad 4 sum1 who has been in the rap game 4 like 20yrs and he only been hit with 2lawsuits reguarding music n money. ANd that theres no bad blood with anybody.

Will has an entire legal team dealing with all the people sueing him..its just we dont hear about it all.. Ready Rock C's case was thrown out because the statue of limitations had passed.. as far as the will2k thing that was Columbia/Sony's fault for not properly clearing it.. I think they only acknowledged 2 members..and the others sued for there royalties..

Will has an entire legal team dealing with all the people sueing him..its just we dont hear about it all.. Ready Rock C's case was thrown out because the statue of limitations had passed.. as far as the will2k thing that was Columbia/Sony's fault for not properly clearing it.. I think they only acknowledged 2 members..and the others sued for there royalties..

I'm sure WS and JPS have lawsuits filed against them but they get throw out cos well the lawsuits are just stupid just sum ppl trying 2 make easy money. But I mean like major suits like RRC and Furious 5.

Like Furious 5 thing..I agree it was Sony's fault..they didn't handle that well and left Will 2 hang.

RRC got money out of WS even when courts ruled in Will favor. RRC should have taken the offer 2 be on Williennium. I still think RRC did it cos well he burn his money and the others WS and Jazz invested their money wisely.

Hmmm... Did he say it only once or was it a major hook in the song? The usage would be the crux of the argument, though at the very least he should have given them an acknowledgment.

Just one time.

And to yall who says its Sonys fault... sure, it could be, but it could also be like that Will forget to inform Sony about using the line... I dont know, no one knows.

Does Jay-Z pay Biggie's family everytime he says a Biggie line in a song? :hmm: