JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Papas Gotta Brand New Excuse

Guest Joe

My question is if there is anyway to get the script or the words he says nearing the end about how he "learned how to shave, drive" and what not. If anyone could possibly get that for me I'd be really greatful.

Thank you!

Joe

Firefighter

Medical Response Technician

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

moving quote from a very moving episode... probably one of the quintessential tear-jerkers of the show's 6-year run.

Uncle Phil: "Will, it's all right to be angry."

Will: "Hey, why should I be mad? I'm sayin', at least he said, 'goodbye,' this time. I just wish I hadn't wasted my money buying him this stupid present..."

Uncle Phil: "I-I'm sorry. You know, if there was something that I could do..."

Will: "Hey, you know what? You ain't gotta do nuthin, Uncle Phil. Y'know, it ain't like I'm still five years old, y'know... ain't like I'm gonna be sittin' up every night, askin my mom, 'when's daddy comin' home?', y'know? Who needs him! Hey, he wasn't there to teach me how to shoot my first basket, but I learned, didn't I? And I got pretty damn good at it too, didn't I, Uncle Phil?"

Uncle Phil: "Yeah, you did."

Will: "Got through my first date without him. Right? I learned how to drive, I learned how to shave, I learned how to fight without him. I had fourteen great birthdays without him. He never even sent me a damn card. THE HELL WITH HIM!.... I didn't need him then, and I don't need him now!"

Uncle Phil: "Will--"

Will: "No, you know what Uncle Phil? I'ma get through college without him! I'ma get a great job without him! I'ma marry me a beautiful honey, and I'ma have me a whole bunch a kids! I'ma be a better father than he ever was! And I sure as hell don't need him for that, 'cause there ain't a damn thing he could ever teach me, about how to love my kids!..... How come he don't want me, man?"

hope this helps!

Edited by da_definition