JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Cookie's Frosty the Showman adventures...

3cookies

Jeff's assistant, Darnell called me when he got in town and, when I got to the venue, I met up with him at Will Call to get the tickets. He told me to shoot him a text when I got to my seat, and he was gonna come get me at my seats to go backstage and meet Will and Jeff.

Will and Jeff were both INCREDIBLE! The entire time I was watching them, I was in a daze, and not believing I was watching them live 4 the first time in my life. I wanted to become a groupie and follow them all over the world then. LOL. j/kiddN. :paparazziupinthespot: but i felt real empty after they left stage, like it wasn't enough... haha..

The lights went out, and Will's crew were onstage with a black tarp or blanket, and the Crowd was so hype, they went MADD !!! We were thinkin he was coming from underneath, but suddenly we hear and See Will abt 50 feet in the air on a sled like Santa. Talkin about GRAND entrance. He caught all of us by suprise. Jazzy was doin his thing and he was up high on a pyramid setup, and spinnin. He looked like he was totally enjoying himself, STRAIT rippin it UP, and tearin down on some bubble gum! LOL.

Will did alot of songs, I cant remember the sequence, but Girls Aint Nuthin But Trouble, Miami, (but he slightly changed the theme to "comin to Atlanta" and hypin the crowd up,... When he did SWITCH, he drove the crowd craZy!... FPOBA and I'm thinking he ended it with Summertime. I was trying to record it so, I can't remember exactly everything.. His performance and overall entertainment was the BEST! He had pyrotechniques, great lighting, dancers onstage and dancers swinging in the air, millions of bits of paper in the air...

There was a point when Will was talking about people living their dreams, and never giving up. He said ppl will try to stop you, by saying negative stuff, saying "You can't do it" basically, but dont give up. I promise, I wanted to hug him so bad, because he had me crying and my headache got worse. LOL. I felt so inspired seeing them, watching the crowd react to their performance and Will's inspiration. This was truly the highlight of my year. Before the show tho, I did text Darnell and told him don't worry bout coming to get me to meet Will & Jeff, and just just do his thing. Cuz he seemed way too buzy, and he was just so sweet, and had the warmest energy. The tickets alone was MORE than enough for me. There were soo many ppl trying to meet Will & Jeff, I didn't want to add any pressure to Darnell, or JJFP with the thousands of fans meet them and take pics...and I knew I was no different than the rest. I was on their afterparty guestlist too, but I didn't go to that either. At least 5,000 ppl showed up, im sure... but I had to work the next morning...

I drew this HUMONGOUS pastel portrait for Will and have the frame (just like Jeff's frame), but I didn't get it to Will. Darnell asked Why i changed my mind abt giving it to him, cuz he was gonna arrange 4 me to give it to Will personally. I told him that I wasnt happy with it, cuz im a perfectionalist, and wouldnt wanna give it to him without me being happy with it. The pic is gorgeous, just like Jeff's pic, (and bigger), but I guess I felt like it wouldn't be good enough 4 Will, cuz after all, its " Will Smith", and wasn't sure if he would be happy with it...

well. thats abt it, but i never seen a performance so well put together, and the first EVER concert my kids get to see in their life was Jazzy Jeff + Fresh Prince... thats got to be the highlight of their life. haha

peace,

cookie

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

here are some pics. I have some mpegs too, but I don't know how to attach them. or know if I have any space left on the site to do it...if i can, I'll post it 4 u guys...

i had the best tyme I could, considering I had a stupid migraine headache...

peace,

cookie

Edited by 3cookies

yea, i hated that headache too. I worked the next day for only a couple of hours, because I had to go home it was soooo bad.

I don't write as good as AJ tho...with sharing my JJFP experience, but it was real fun... u guys just don't know how SURREAL it felt being there... I always talk about surreal situations, but seeing them was truly the most special surreal feeling i've ever felt in my life, and to top it off... it seemed that i was experiencing a moment of just watching two friends onstage,... and I was so deeply proud of them, but i guess thats what happens when u have JJFP fans / friends like u guys who keep us ON TOP of JJFP news n stuff...haha...

so thank u guys for being my JJFP friends... muaaaaaah*. I wish u all coulda been there with me.... awwww....

timbo... imma shoot Darnell a 'thank u' email, and add the link... you were right, he is soooo nice. He has this REAL and natural innocence abt himself. I can see why he works with Jeff, because of his personality...

ps. my daughter was just in here talkin abt the postiive things Will sayd. I see that he has really impacted on her in a good way, and my sons to, because they all want to up and move to Cali (so do i) to persue their acting dreams.... haha.... after all, thats what Will said,, follow your dreams...and we all waNNA move there... just dont wanna live in no shack tho!. LOL

peace,

cookie

Edited by 3cookies

Wow. That must have been a GREAT experience. I am glad you had loads of fun. Too bad JJFP were too busy to meet you though. But it sounds like you had the time of your life :pony: Also I would like to see the pastel portrait you did of Will. I know you said you didn't want to give it to him because you thought it wasn't good enough for Will Smith, but I am 100% sure it is definitely good enough for Will. You portraits are so amazingly good, its not even funny :thumbsup: Seriously though, I know Will will definitely love it. Thanks for sharing your JJFP live experience and those sweet pics. I hope you have the chance to give him the portrait in person sometime.