JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

freestyle

[quote=DefCEM,Jul 12 2004, 10:31 PM]Will Smith doesn't get any Props... Man Will would rip every rapper out there if it
would be still 1988. he was known for his battles back in the day...[/quote]
Now there's ya problem people..."[i]Will would rip every rapper out there if it
would be still 1988"[/i] IT AIN'T 1988 NO MORE!! Wake up! Things change, wheter you like it or not! Will hasn't freestyled in a long time, and i never heard a freestyle of him...i don't think anyone has! So don't give us that stuff like, will would kill these suckers if it was still 1988,because it's not! It's 2004, and the rapgame is different! For alot of people Will doesn't even matter no more when it comes 2 rap! For these new kids, he's just this actor rapping about his movie!
And Will has 2 do something about it! I think if he went a lil commercial on his new album, it would help! Put the neptunes on that $H!3, lil jon, take beyonce to sing some hooks and BOOM he's back! I now y'all don't want that, cuss "[i]he needs 2 keep it old skool"[/i] Well, here's a newsflash y'all...it's 2004, nobody cares about old skool! This new messed up generation isn't waiting for old skool! And you know it! Deep in my heart, i hope Will drops an album that he thinks is hot and what we (the real fans) will enjoy! I don't give a - you know what- about sales and all that! As long he gives a hot quality album, i'll be glad!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
yes fan4ever, thats what ive been saying, Will should be modern I dont think he should just put people on his tracks to sell records but there is no point in trying to sound like its 1987 cus it isnt and thats just being backwards, so people stop naging about doing old skool

and @ AJ
You think girls like guys becouse of looks? girls arn't guys, guys like looks, girls like: money, power, additude, confidance etc etc etc and THEN looks Edited by Daedalus Mortality

I just wanted to say that people and mostly the young are talking Shxx about
Will... He doesn't deserve that. I mean he was (may be he is still) one of the greatest in
the rap biz and nobody knowws that. Just like (I forgot the name) said, the kids are
brainwashed.
I know that its not '88 anymore, but he did a lot of things for hiphop.
Will loves HipHop and he isn't making that for money.
He is true Hip Hop and he always will. I don't want him to do music with artists
like chingy or other "commercial" rappers. they would do everykind of thing to
earn as much money they can. Will doesn't have to proof anything cause he knows what he wants
and i think he doesn't care about the young rappers and their fans.
Thats my point of view... :)
man my english is getting worse and worse :(

JJFP Rocks The House

yes First of all.it's true..girls are lookin 4 maney..

To me, i haven't had a problem wit any of Will's music...Yo, I know that
many of us have never heard him freestyle....You think if he freestyle he Will just make himself look bad???? I don't think so.. :eek4: never would Will be like that.
it doesn't matter..Will likes old skool hip-pop..people don't care about it, screw those dumb-a**es....
aight, peace out 4 now okay???????????????

• Admin
i think you guys are totally underestimating the ol skool fans out there...there is a lot of us who are still alive believe it or not! and we are waiting 4 somethin dope!!! id rather will sell a million records to older knowledgable fans ..than get with whoever is hot right now and sell 5 million to sum kids who dont know Sh%$ :touche:

[quote=Wild Child,Jul 13 2004, 08:00 PM]Yo, I know that
many of us have never heard him freestyle....You think if he freestyle he Will just make himself look bad???? I don't think so..[/quote]
I never said Will would make himself look bad if he freestyled...don't know where you get that :dunno:

Yo man, i just want to hear some fresh things, ya know, really dope trax.
B2R was experimental enough, i think. just 2 Turntables and a mic and let
JJFP rock the house!!
I'm looking forward to see Will here in Germany. Berlin is really far away
from where I live. But I hope he will visit some TV shows in Germany...

I wanna hear Will have more lyricism on this album and he shouldn't work wit any of these wack M.C.'s out right now, he should mostly do songs that reflect the views of his life, no singing, just lyricism about the things of his life, positive and negative, I bet that he has a lot of great things to say 'cause as you get older you have more knowledge and he should try to not go for the ignorant teen bopper fan base that drink and smoke weed all the time, he should go for a fan base of mature, family oriented people that love hip-hop for it's art not for what it's turned into! :werd:

• 7 months later...

I wanna hear Will have more lyricism on this album and he shouldn't work wit any of these wack M.C.'s out right now, he should mostly do songs that reflect the views of his life, no singing, just lyricism about the things of his life, positive and negative, I bet that he has a lot of great things to say 'cause as you get older you have more knowledge and he should try to not go for the ignorant teen bopper fan base that drink and smoke weed all the time, he should go for a fan base of mature, family oriented people that love hip-hop for it's art not for what it's turned into! :werd:

Oh damn looking back at that post makes me realise that my dream's comin' true, FP's focused as much as I was hopin' he'd be.

• Members

Now I may be 13 and i wasnt alive back then so i never really got to experience the prince but i believe he was a great freestylist and the tim westwood thing shows that he is now i think will could take on eminem and jay z and stand a pretty good chance but someone in a higher level mabye like snoop dogg, the game, 50 cent id have to say no he couldnt

Here's Will Freestyling on the Tim Westwood show over the "How We Do" Beat

http://s119045650.onlinehome.us/Will%20Smi...wood%20Show.mp3

Thanks man, we had another member put this up for us. I heard it and thought it was dope. Took me awhile to get "Scenes wit Uncle Phil, to scenes wit Sonny". Then I realized, oh from I Robot. duh! I just wish Will went longer. Sounded like he could have. btw, Tim Westwood's "Holla!" sounded weird. Not for the UK accent either.