JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

(Slide)

Daveydave

Well this should sorta be like "Miami" was for "Big Willie Style", released as the last single of the album, if "Lost and Found" did better we'd be able to say that Will'd be able to release 2 or 3 more singles but most likely we're just hopin' that "Tell Me Why" comes out and if a miracle happens and the album starts sellin' crazy when it goes to #1 then maybe we might get "Lost and Found" and "If You Can't Dance"(Slide)/"Pump Ya Brakes", the album probably'd be approaching platinum right now if Will didn't go shoot that film, those performances would've really helped, in the 4 months doing "Pursuit..." the album faded from everyone's memories, if Will spent 6-8 months promoting the album like he said he was gonna, he would've gotten some Grammy nominations, it ain't all Interscope's fault, he deserves some blame too, just like when he shot "Bad Boys II" in the same month 'Born To Reign' was released, he might still be on Columbia right now if he just did a few shows then, "Black Suits..." actually got on TRL too so the album would've gone gold not shipped gold at the very least if he had released "How Da Beat Goes" that summer. It ain't like the record label tells him to go shoot the films, he just goes off to do them, he needs to properly space out time where he just does strictly music for a certain frame and does movies for a certain frame or else his music career'll continue to suffer since he declines to go on tour, his movies haven't suffered 'cause he doesn't reject enough scripts, maybe if black radio wasn't so resistant maybe he wouldn't have to tour but he does have to tour more than most mcs have to in fact....

Frenetic made a good point, Will's not that much known in music anymore after going away for a few years, you have to be constantly doing music to get recognition I guess 'cause radio/TV jocks and fans have short term memories .... :paperbag:

Edited by bigted

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

U all are right bout will and the fact he didn't support himself at his best. I mean, Lost and found is one of the best albums of 2005, but once again he did another movie instead to promote his album.. 6 months between 2 singles are too much time.. Gwen stefani has released 3 singles in the same period! but I have to say one thing: first time I saw the video for Party starter on Aol.com I thought it Would have been the best single of the year, but radio didn't play it and for me that's not Will's fault cuz the song and the video are INCREDIBLE!!! When my friends are in my car and I have L&F in my stereo, when they listen to party starter they say: " WOW!! Who's this?"....It's true

Radio and TV won't play Will's videos automatically 'cause it's "Will Smith", the only way people'd take notice in playing him is if he goes to all the radio and TV shows constantly performing it and talking about the album, that's why Kanye West and 50 Cent have sold so much, they're always talking to the media, Will doesn't do that....