JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will uses Reason!!

Hero1

• Admin
will actually uses reason..he hooks it up with pro tools and makes beats!

What’s the coolest piece of technology that you have in your house right now?
That I have in my house? There’s a music program called Reason that is the most incredible music program when linked with ProTools. And I actually recorded, the first time ever, I recorded an entire record into my laptop. Music, production, everything. Burned a CD, everything in my laptop in a hotel room. I think that’s just insane.

wow :eek4: :eek4: :eek4: :eek4:

[quote=DevilsJim89,Jul 9 2004, 04:23 AM]Will is so high tech...awesome!

Tim where did u get that from?[/quote]
If he was lil bit high tech he would search "will smith" in google and go in here no?...
buyuing reason is not a way 2 show that u r involed in high technology...

Guest Prince
[quote=willreign,Jul 9 2004, 05:24 PM][quote=DevilsJim89,Jul 9 2004, 04:23 AM] Will is so high tech...awesome!

Tim where did u get that from?[/quote]
If he was lil bit high tech he would search "will smith" in google and go in here no?... [/quote]
You type "will smith" into google and see why he hasn't come here. But that'll be sorted soon hopefully :dancingcool:

it's amazing, that actual artists are using the some software us fans are using, to get up in this. Hell, DJ 9th Wonder using Fruity Loops. That's what I use. Compare his stuff and mine. His is Far above me, but I'm trying to catch up :)

Reason is more of a beat making software!! You really just use it to make music and really nothing else! Will would most probably use Reason to make the beats and then use Pro Tools to actual sequence the vocals to the beats!!

I don't use Pro Tools to do this as I don't really like using a Mac to do much stuff on (except video editing). Instead I use Cool Edit Pro which does more or less the same thing!! The results you get are amazing!!

But back to what you were asking, the best way to record your tracks are to make the beat in a seperate software (Reason, Fruity Loops etc) and then import that into a separate sequencing software (Cool Edit, Pro Tools, Cubasis etc)

You can theoretically record your vocals in Reason but they wouldn't turn out as crisp and as 'professional sounding' as if you were to record them using a software which was intended for that purpose!