JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

"See Ya Later", Something Serious for Y'all

Silver Tiger

I got a day off from work today so I decided to finally finish up the song I've been working on. There's a whole story behind it here.

You can listen to the song here.

Here's the lyrics:

-We called each other friends, potnas till the end

You and me, me and you, there was no dividend

-But as time comes to pass, trash in the wind

Littered in different directions, self-healing corrections,

-Repressed memories, but you remember me

I see I caught your eye

-Two strangers passing by

A quick glance brings us both to a halt

-Stop, Stare, Shake hands and move on

Moments like that, the reason that I’m writing this song

-The reason that I’m calling you wrong

The reason that I’m ending this game

-We won’t live that long, no fame, no lies

Loosen up the grip on your pride

-Gotta let heated battles of the past subside

Just relax, we all on board for the same ride (ride, ride, ride…)

-Funny how you feel awkward, now you gotta go

Anxiety can heat up when you standing toe-to-toe

-“Well I guess I’ll see you later, it was nice to see you now”

We give a wave, a wink, we exit with a bow

-But what if I’m not content with obligatory fronts?

We met up just to see how well we could pull off the stunt

-We got our chance to heal but we just focus on the cuts

We’re sleeping in the pond, we a bunch of sitting ducks

-“I see you, now I saw you, so now I’ll just say ‘So Long’

I gotta life to live, I simply gotta move on”

-Wrong, you’re speaking to me right now

Lying to me right now, we gonna settle this, right now

-If you was my friend before then I’ll call you my friend again

We gotta lot to talk about, more than just our kin,

-Friends, new family, what about you? What about me?

Open your eyes, a calm sea

I hope you all like it. The next song's gonna be titled "What if Snails Could Blink?"

God Blessa!

Yo, the beat was nice. I liked it. And your mic didnt seem all that bad to me. Sometimes tracks sound cool like that. You had a nice delivery and sounded like someone on the rise.

Good job.

Thanks a lot. I appreciate the response (even moreso that it's positive, :2thumbs:). Glad to hear you didn't find the mic that bad. It shouldn't be. It's the same mic Brakes' got and it's good. Next on my list of things to buy is a mic stand. Good luck to you.

God Blessa!

Thats is excellent! I love your flow man! That was real tight! Shame about the quality of the audio tho! What kind of set up have you got? Maybe I could help you out!! Who did the beat as well?? Definately keep it up! :2thumbs:

Thanks for the compliments, really. Glad the flow is well received. The beat is from Outkast's "Da Art of Storytellin' (Part II)". I'm not big on using beats that aren't mine or weren't made for free but I thought it worked real well for the song. I plan on getting Fruity Loops v. 5 soon so I can make some quality beats of my own.

I'd love to for you to help if you can. Here's my setup:

*M-Audio MobilePre USB (this was around $100, but I think that this could be what's determining the quality)

*MXL v67, dope mic

*Pop filter

*Cool Edit Pro 2.0 for recording

I appreciate the positive feedback.

God Blessa!

Edited by djsilvertiger

Thats not too different from my setup!

First of all does your mic require phantom power? It should do as it looks like you have a studio mic your using! Make sure that switch is turn on on your M Audio.

The quality of your vocals is there but its just a little distorted! I think this is either due to the gain being too high on your M Audio, or on your windows recording mixer! Also, do you get a red clip marl when you record into Cool Edit??

I'm really feeling this song!

Thats not too different from my setup!

First of all does your mic require phantom power? It should do as it looks like you have a studio mic your using! Make sure that switch is turn on on your M Audio.

The quality of your vocals is there but its just a little distorted! I think this is either due to the gain being too high on your M Audio, or on your windows recording mixer! Also, do you get a red clip marl when you record into Cool Edit??

I'm really feeling this song!

Yeah, it requires the Phantom power to be turned on. I think it was the gain that had it distorted. I was used to needing it turned up high for my old mic so I never thought to turning it down. It was going to red when I recorded so I'll try changing that up. We'll see how that goes.

I'm really glad you like the song. If turning down the gain works, then I'll re-record it.

God Blessa!

Edited by djsilvertiger

u got a dope flow man, i like the fast paced rap, u really handle it well. the audio did sound distorted a little, and it sounded like it was the beat as well as the mic so hopefully u can find a solution to that in the future. other than that i have nothing but good things to say about that track... im definitely gonna listen to it again and again in the future.